• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Vendor Blacklist doesn't appear to be working

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by Novapoison, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Novapoison

Novapoison New Member

Hey everyone:

I've been having great success with Kick's levelling profiles on Alliance, however twice now I've encountered a dead Vendor (I assume killed by a Horde player), and my toon just runs there to Vendor/Repair/whatever and continually tries to interact with them, without any luck since they don't exist.

This happens until LogMeOut kicks me out of game after 15 minutes of inactivity as I've got that set up separately. That's how I noticed it happening, and I also witnessed it happening as well.

Here is an excerpt from the most recent log:

Could not find vendor: 'William MacGregor [1668]' blacklisting!

It goes on for pages and pages, depending how long you leave it.

So, at first glance and after unsuccessfully searching the forums for similar occurences in the past, I think it's got to be an issue with blacklisting, where it tries to mark it as temporarily or permanently blacklisted but it doesn't "stick" and so therefore doesn't try to Vendor somewhere else...

I'm hoping someone would be willing to help out and either:
      a) Explain how to fix the blacklisting problem, or
      b) Explain how to remove that particular Vendor from the list until the next SVN update.

This is with the latest version of HB, Kick's, and the only other plugin I'm running is LogMeOut.

I've had this happen on 2 different toons with separate installs of HB on different computers.

Thanks!
      mrfoot

2. Novapoison

Novapoison New Member

Oh I also want to mention that I have Kick's Profile in a shared folder which is Read Only... I just thought to mention it now in case the Vendor List is stored in profile folder... maybe that's why Blacklist could not br written?

Hmmm

Sent from my interstellar communications device using TheBuddyForum mobile app

3. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

update and make sure you using the latest version of kicks profiles, if it happends again, then post a new full log as an attachment.

4. Novapoison

Novapoison New Member

I've been using Kick's profiles on 2 accounts, 2 different computers for about another 10 hours each since my last post and have not noticed this error again. It's also possible that no Vendors were found to be non-existent, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it was the Read-Only status of the Kick's Profiles... without anyone confirming if the profile files are overwritten when Blacklists are added to, I can't be sure.

But in any case, so far so good. I did copy them off the shared drive and onto each computer in a locally accessible and writable location.

5. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

honorbuddy wont EVER write to a profile, so it being read only, wasnt it.

etherway glad its working for you.