• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Wondering if Blizzard does this as a precaution

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by iVeyron, Feb 27, 2014.

1. iVeyron

iVeyron New Member

Yesterday my account that I had just made and just started botting on locked for suspicious activity as someone was trying to hack my account. I caught it 5 minutes after it happened and changed my password. Now I was wondering If Blizzard does this on purpose so when they catch you botting and then say we know you had control over the account and banned you. I have held off on botting since and am waiting awhile. Has anyone experienced this or am i just paranoid.

2. Macatho

Macatho New Member

No they dont

3. Zuma

Zuma New Member

About 1 year ago I got same thing, 2-3 times a day after I dc I had to reset my password. This was going for about 1-2 weeks. I thought my provider was the problem for getting some random IP's after dc's. The account was my main account (5 years old) with a lot of geared chars on different servers. So beside playing the game I start to sell my gold. I was selling 100k at a time and sometimes more. After 5-6 month I start getting those dc's and passw change required. The last 600k trade was the killer. I was banned for trading gold.
      As a response to my tichet I was getting the usual +the fact that they know I havn't been hacked, so it was perma ban.
      On same bettle.net I had another account. After the ban I start playing on that one but the dc's and passw change req was still going. So I made a ticket about that I'm getting dc and my passw change required. I didn't get any response but after next day the dc's and passw stuff Stoped.

This was my xp with password change problem....

So yea, It's possible that they will do that to avoid the" I was hacked ticket".

Have a nice day.

4. bradz93

bradz93 Member

this happened to me as well.

a year or two ago, there was a phase during playing/botting wow that my main account would CONSTANTLY get locked. like i'd log in, it'd lock, reset pass, log in fine. but if i logged out, it'd happen again.

this carried on for a month+ then stopped randomly.

so yeah, it must be some sort of method or something, i don't see how it could just randomly happen.

5. iVeyron

iVeyron New Member

Curious if either of you guys were using authenticators. I am not on this account

6. Zuma

Zuma New Member

I had no authenticator.

7. dturner

dturner Member

that my friend would be illegal for them to do as a precaution lol. but if you feel like they actually did it. i would take them to court, you may win millions of dollars.

8. Hat 1

Hat 1 New Member

If it is a new account that u just made I would be checking your pc for a virus asap as this is off in It self someone must have your password

9. -M_M-

-M_M- New Member

Yeah, could be a keylogger installed on your computer, so it doesn't matter how many times you change your password. Definitely scan the hell out of it.

10. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

then people are stupid to download the keylogger i would notice if something is phisie or keylogging i would never instal that

11. iVeyron

iVeyron New Member

That is what we all say

12. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

no, it's automatic.