• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • 1 Month In - More than 20 accounts

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by kaiousama, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Bayoya

Bayoya New Member

how the Empire is Kai?

2. Fuzor.

Fuzor. New Member

I've really enjoyed reading this thread and I was wondering about a few things:

First, I would assume that several computers/servers with that many monitors would create quite a bit of heat and collect a lot of dust. How do you remedy this?

I may have missed this, but what internet connection are you currently running on? I would assume using that much bandwidth on a standard broadband would create a few issues.

Also, I was curious what really got you started with botting and if you think that it is still viable option as additional income. (Please, keep in mind that this is coming from someone who, at this current time, cannot financially develop and maintain an entire room for botting.)

3. kaiousama

kaiousama New Member

Heat wasn't an issue. The whole setup doesn't even consume 1 kilowatt with monitors.

Unfortunately, the profit just isn't there and I'm temporarily offline. I've gotten a -ton- of warnings from Blizzard in the last few weeks. Even running custom profiles, doing things other than farming. I can BG Bot 24/7, and have tested this, never gotten a warning. I have tried mining in the empty zones (Vashj'ir), doing short interval mining (mine for 2 hours, BG for 1 hour, log off for 2 hours, things like that). At this point the only cause for it I can see is Blizzard is flagging my accounts because they're generating 100-150k gold in less than 2 months of being started.

I know its not player reports getting me banned, I've yet to get one for 3rd party. All of them have been related to "abuse of economy", and the first warning always shows up around the time they've passed 50-75k gold. Doesn't matter which profession [I've done inscription, mining, herbalism, even Alchemy]. CoD vs Auctions is also not the flag. So far I've gotten most bans reversed, although 4 of them stuck because they were the third time. I know they haven't traced it to gold selling because I've never finished a sale (they got 3 of my accounts taken down a few days before I wanted to sell them off).

I've let a few accounts expire for now, going to try renewing up again a few months down the road to see if account age (regardless of total subscribed time) factors into it at all. Maybe wait until Mists of Pandaria is close when the gold price surges for the new gold sinks.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    4. OMFGItsDom

OMFGItsDom New Member

What are your top 5 Profiles for making the most gold in the less time? :)

5. Sand

Sand New Member

u should make a blog and keep us up to date:D this is awesome reading, i think i will do it myself sitting with 20k dollars i "just" got

6. Sendan

Sendan New Member

Hey,

thanks for your post it was very interesting to read it.
      I just started botting with HB 1 Week ago and i am more than happy ;)
      I think its way better than pirox.
      And i couldnt imagine that it is possible to have 20 accounts in just 1 month, its just amazing^^

7. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Unless you are selling via a website for $1 per k it is not worth the risk or money being put into it for computers, accounts, bot licenses, internet upgrade if your on a GB allowance. Etc...

When Gold was $1.2 per k starting of Cata I cleaned up with 3 bots and make over $120 a day doing nothing and that was selling to bulk buyers.

Now that Blizzard is crracking down, Gold is worth .20 cents per k to bulk buyers its a waste of time and investment.

Just my opinion but to me the good doesn't outweight the negative or risk
      It doesn't matter, people sell old acounts to botters and they get banned aswell. New or Old, lots of achieves or no achieves, 359 gear or 410 gear it all doesn't matter if they catch you you're done

Anyways I wish you the best on your investment and hope you can pick it back up with minimal loses

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    8. Crown

Crown New Member

so u got 5 HB licenses? or does one offer exsist with unlimitted?

9. mspazz

mspazz Member

If this is dead sorry. Do you plan on upgrading to Kepler and Ivy Bridge when they come out?

10. teth1

teth1 New Member

I just want to thank kaiousama for such an interesting read. I hope this thread doesn't die and the OP will keep us updated.

11. emolol

emolol Member

this is, indeed, very interesting read. Please, kaiousama, keep us updated. I`m planning to start my own botting empire with less accounts though. Just wanna see how it goes and work from there

12. ProdajemGolde

ProdajemGolde New Member

Can you help with the vpn thing.I have 3 bots runing on 3 different computers.Can you suggest which vpn service to buy or use ? Is a static vpn ip better then dynamic which could be in same country ?
      I considered using hidemyass.com vpn but they have subscription which gives u only 2 simultanious connections to the software and im runing 3 bots on 3 comps (which are not powerfull to run 3 at same time).

13. kaiousama

kaiousama New Member

For VPNs, I tried a few services at first [StrongVPN & PureVPN]. Since those bots though, the servers from my original picture have been shipped out. When I start back up in another month or two I'll be able to supply myself with my own VPN servers.

14. Flipper

Flipper Member

you could use some cheap vps servers with FreeCap/SocksCap combined with a ssh tunnel. wow doesnt create much traffic thus even if you have only a limited amount of bandwith included in your plan it still works + you get a fresh ip for like 1-3$ a month

15. dezaint

dezaint New Member

I know this is a few months old, but I was just searching around on the forum and found this thread. I must say it's interesting to read! =) How's it going for you now?

16. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

This is pretty much dead I would assume. He came into this at a very bad time and made quite a investment doing so. Last I heard from this guy he shut them all down till a later time when it was profitable to do so.