• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • 9 of 10 accounts banned.

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Kamilche, Jan 23, 2013.

1. kkrause007

kkrause007 New Member

100% agree, I would also like to note i notice everyone in my guild around 5pm sometimes all LOG ON all of a sudden when they are already online! then i check HB forums 2-3 hours later, several bans gone out. :(

2. hgoutyt

hgoutyt New Member

Was that a suggestion for programmers or for botters? because im not sure how you set it up to do that?

3. Crowley

Crowley Member

Bot coders :)

4. Nexmodria

Nexmodria New Member

I'm sorry to hear your banned on the account you used gathering on. I am not banned either on the one i quest on. Is there someone out there who is banned via quest?

5. buzzerbeater

buzzerbeater Well-Known Member

How about not giving out wrong Information?

From the HB Wiki:

6. JCRiot

JCRiot New Member

Sorry to hear about the ban.

Currently running Kick's/GB2 but only for 4-6hrs at a time no more than 10hrs a day. No ban yet. *Crossing fingers*

7. shijir69

shijir69 Member

got banned 2/2 , 3/3 account banned while using kick's profile.

8. Plastpose

Plastpose Member

It looks like its a HUGE banwave in the US...
      I've been botting 3 chars from 1.90 in the last 2 months and not a single ban..
      I'm EU tho

9. JCRiot

JCRiot New Member

How long were you running them?

10. Nexmodria

Nexmodria New Member

Is this going to hit EU later on then?

11. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

On 5 different realms all at the same time? Unlikely. But you're right, I don't think it's HB - I think it's Blizzard.

I think there's a gathering trap out there. I noticed a couple of these bots exhibited unusual behavior recently - for no apparent reason, the screen would turn black, then WoW would crash. I became concerned Blizzard had placed a bot trap on my route, so I made a new route, and set the bots to using that instead.

What if there is a new herb introduced, that shows up as an herb client-side, but has no associated geometry? So the server says there's an herb, and the client THINKS there's an herb, but there's visually nothing there to 'grab'? Normal players would complain about there being a 'phantom' herb, and start the usual conversation chain about phasing/zoning. Botters would try to pick the herb, and get stuck in the trap. There's no need to place underground herbs to catch us, that alone would get 100% of botters and 0% of players. There's a lot of ways to ban us, that's just one scenario that closely fits my situation.

Botters have been getting away with murder, botting promiscuously in a permissive, consequence-free environment, because Blizzard apparently didn't care. But they seem to care now, and are whipping out a myriad of tools to stop us. I'm just surprised they didn't care until now, after the game's been out like 10 years or so.

If I still loved the game, I wouldn't be botting it anyway, so it's not an emotional downer for me. I mainly regret the loss of time - I've been making HonorBuddy addons for an entire year now. Time to find a new hobby.

12. Crowley

Crowley Member

13. greaterdeath

greaterdeath New Member

I got one closed yesterday also, haven't appealed yet. Basically it got closed last month on a 4/hr gather, 4 hr quest = about 8 hours per day. Took a week or two ff of it, and started back at 12 hours a day to see how long it would last. It lasted 9 days - unless I get the ban lifted ;)

14. UrbanSurgeon

UrbanSurgeon New Member

wouldn't surprise me, my bet would be to just lay-low for a while, there's alot of ban threads today.

15. Thumped

Thumped New Member

I don't bot for the time frames that have been posted before, only 1-2 hours a day for personal use.
      In the Valley of the Four Winds I have seen mine/herb nodes that appeared to be there, but when bot attempted to pick it nothing...I don't know how many times the bot attempted to pick mine/herb, after a few seconds it blacklisted and moved on. I took it as a "un-phased out" already picked mine/herb...

16. kkrause007

kkrause007 New Member

Go look up what a Banwave is.

17. otro

otro New Member

Got hit by the hammer today also, 2/3 closed.....only my main survived.

US realm both gathering accs, I was using Ducks double profile iirc

18. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

US have always been more aggressive to botters, these are server side script bans which is why it's good to stay below radar.

I believe that the way they do this is by checking [Time Online], [Nodes Gathered]. [Player Reports]... it's not hard to work out since we know that they use server side scripts and that the only thing that stands out from us botters and normal people are the patterns in relation to time online and the nodes gathered (and ofcourse some other info), I also believe that if they are only player bound and not account bound then you could just switch characters every 5 hours and do 24/7.

MadDog had large amount of achievements so it's obvious that they don't whitelist, they only check certain things and don't exclude botters based on achievements etc.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    19. CrazyCat

CrazyCat New Member

Not all people post here about bans so I think its safe to say they banned a crapload of accounts in the US

20. Dizzle_

Dizzle_ Banned

I used gatherbuddy every few days for 12 hrs/day up until 2-3 days ago. Since then I have only botted bgbuddy 24/7 and both my accounts are fine (US). Maybe they added some hook yesterday and sent out bans today.