• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Actaeon - A Hunter CC part of the Zeus suite

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fpsware, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Crydebris

Crydebris New Member

Ill give it a try once i get back from my the bar.

2. Kuku

Kuku Member

Hmmm.. then mine does not. I will look at the code...

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

This is exactly my issue, only reason i die
      Sorry at work will update with log later

4. Hi on Helium

Hi on Helium New Member

suggestion: add traveling as aspect of the cheetah when level 16-20. nothing too important, but would be nice to have. Hope your job things going well =D

suggestion2/edit1: also would be cool if you could make the hunter face the nearest target before it puts the trap down, often times you're facing the target that's 10-35 yards away and the add will be attacking you from behind, so when you put down the trap it won't go off on the near target and possibly not even during the fight

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    5. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

Aspect of the Cheetah is already implemented and working. Though, I may not have added this to the UI yet.

Good point, I can't say I've seen this action, but I'm pretty sure it does not face the mob before dropping a trap.

6. likwid818

likwid818 Member

Just a suggestion.. When a mob is out of LOS, instead of trying to move closer to it - simply set your pet to "Follow" for 2-3 seconds, and then set it to "Attack" again. Doing this causes the pet to return to you (bringing the offending mob along with it) - and it will never put your character in a precarious position (such as on a the edge of a cliff, or stuck within the framework of a weathered boat).

Hawker used this function in his amazing "Mohawk" hunter CC for glider and it worked 100% of the time.

edit: oh, also - i've seen this happening a lot too, inside buildings especially. the hunter will try to get range on a mob, but will back into a wall. since he cant back up any more, and is still out of the "sweet spot" for ranged attacks, he will just continue to try to walk backwards and never attack the mob, leaving your pet to finish it off. maybe detect that you haven't moved after the 2 or 3 attempt, and either abandon the attempt at getting range and go melee, or maybe strafe to the left or right and then try to walk backwards.

7. fpsware

1. I thought about doing that - recall the pet - but I decided to move closer to the target, now, I don't recall why I did that. I may include an option in the GUI to allow you to decide how to handle it.

2. The code I have in my Mage CC atm will be used for the hunter (when I get time), it will never attempt to backup into a wall like that again. As it is now, the hunter should have some cod to check if its before and after distance has not dramatically changed and if not, assume it can't backup any further. But it does not appear to be working too well.

8. likwid818

likwid818 Member

Awesome, looking forward to it. I think the recall the pet method is vastly superior.

Nah, it's not working too well at all - I've been working on a QuestOrder 70-80 profile over the last week or so, so I've been watching the bot almost 24/7 - we'll just say it happens more often than I'd like.

9. ferd

ferd New Member

He stays in Viper for like 20 seconds after his mana is full (set to go to Hawk at 85% and tried it with 90%. Set to go to Viper at 30%). Tried restarting HB several times but to no avail.

Attached Files:

10. fpsware

Viper Sting does work, but at times HB does not update some information fast enough, this results in the issue you mentioned.

11. ferd

ferd New Member

This isn't an occasional thing though... This happens every time he switches to Aspect of the Viper.

Anyway, I hope this is fixed in the next release of HB, because I've never had this issue before.

12. fpsware

The next release of HB will be 5-6 weeks away. I'm out of town on a training course.

13. muntahunta

muntahunta Member

just installed and used this with my lvl 64 hunter... im amazed!!! ive been using the default hunter cc till now, but this literally made my jaw drop! the fact that the pet acts like a proper tank, gathering mobs and holding their agro.... the hunter healing the pet when needed and when not, dpsing the crap outa everyting.... its like having a full party in 1 character... LOVE IT!

thankyou very much :)

14. fpsware

Thanks, there are still MANY changes and improvements I want to make when I have time. There are a few bugs I need to resolve sooner rather than later. But on a whole, its pretty damn good, but could always be better :)

15. muntahunta

muntahunta Member

well ive been using it for about an hour, im using the same profile for when i was using the default profile and its almost doubled my xp/h rate :)

thankyou again

16. shuuk

shuuk Member

yeah but when i bot i chance the language to english..so the game is english

i still need this glyph?

17. zorgonatis

zorgonatis Member

Just kitted out my 45+ hunter with heirlooms, installed, set up a new HB install, installed the one CC. Just as impressive, if not more impressive, than when this CC was stand alone a while back.

The only critacism I have is that when moving to a new hotspot and bodypulling a lower level, the multimob pulling gets involked which is causing some issues. Nevertheless, it's handling like 6+ mobs very well ;)

Edit: Doesn't seem to be using Volley at all, but it's still working rather well.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    18. fpsware

Which is why I say multimob pulling is in need of a re-write and should not be used.

Thats correct, it should not be using it until performing multimob pulling.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    19. zorgonatis

zorgonatis Member

I guessed as much. Thanks for the confirmation :).

20. yargle

yargle Member

It's not really important, but is it possible to add a toggle to the GUI to use hunters mark? On lowbie characters with heirloom gear stuff dies in 2-4 shots so for the most part it's just a wasted second and looks kinda strange from an outside standpoint.