• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • AltarBoy v1.0 - Priest CC (Shadow)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by spriestdev, Sep 26, 2011.

1. imdasandman

imdasandman Active Member

Cuz it was a Normal dungon and he had hero/bloodlust... so his haste was going ape shit for prob half the fight... His dps is more like the 8k you are showing :p

2. no1knowsy

no1knowsy Well-Known Member

Correct. The bloodlust is insane in normals, since the fights are so short and basically just target the boss. Either way 8k average is better than what I can do on the priest.

3. LiquidAtoR

LiquidAtoR Community Developer

With the latest revision I noticed illogical casting sequence

It casts (a) DoT(s) and then Mindspike (erasing the DoT(s)).
      I've noticed this several time while running the questing mode in HB.

I've seen it do this with SW:p, DP, and with VT (and random combinations of these 3).
      Has something changed? Using the SVN version.

4. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Please provide a log for this kind of stuff in the future. We can tweak this logic as needed but examples of this occuring would be helpful in determining what the exact situation is. In the meantime, I'm going to go into the logic involved in determining whether we should use the Normal (DoT-based) Rotation or the Mind Spike Rotation on target.

Two primary factors are at play here. The target's health and which DoT's are currently up.

Current Health

For health, we use the current health of the target (as opposed to the maximum/starting health). The reason for this is so that if a mob is about to die, we don't apply DoT's that will never have a chance to tick because the target is dead.

We calculate the number at which we start considering Mind Spike in three different ways. If the target's health is above this value, we *will* use the Normal Rotation. If the target's health is below this value, we *consider* using the Mind Spike rotation. Let's call this number the Mind Spike Threshold Value (MSTV from henceforth).

In Raid:
      (My Maximum Health * Raid Size) / 5
      Assuming 100k health and a 10-man raid, the MSTV would be 200k.
      Assuming 100k health and a 25-man raid, the MSTV would be 500k.

In Dungeon:
      My Maximum Health - (My Maximum Health / 4)
      Assuming 100k health, the MSTV would be 75k.

Solo:
      My Maximum Health - (My Maximum Health / 4)
      Assuming 100k health, the MSTV would be 75k.

Note: I did not realize the values for Dungeon and Solo were the same until just now and frankly, all of the values except for solo seem pretty low to me. Feedback and theorycraft on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

If the target's health falls below the value determine above, we next look at which DoT's are up on the target.

Active Damage Over Time Debuffs

If Devouring Plague is present the target, we use the Normal Rotation.
      If Vampiric Touch is missing, we use the Mind Spike Rotation.
      If Shadow Word: Pain is missing (or will fall off before a Mind Spike cast will finish), we use the Mind Spike Rotation.

So, pulling this altogether, let me give a few examples...

Examples

Shadow Priest in 10-man raid has 100,000 maximum health. (MSTV 200,000)

Target Health: 200,001
      DoT's: None.
      Rotation: Normal Rotation

Target Health: 199,999
      DoT's: Vampiric Touch OR Shadow Word: Pain only
      Rotation: Mind Spike Rotation

DoT's: Devouring Plague only

DoT's: Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch

DoT's: Shadow Word: Pain (has .5 seconds left) and Vampiric Touch
      Rotation: Mind Spike Rotation.

Clear as mud, right?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
    5. flexation

flexation New Member

Is there anyway to weight mind sear? What I mean is that it changes targets constantly, causing oom pretty quickly. Or maybe its my config?

6. flexation

flexation New Member

Looks like with the latest update. Drinking / eating has been added. Is it in the gui?

7. VALGARIS

VALGARIS New Member

Just curious, But why when full on mana, less the 80% health it wont cast a heal instead of eat all the time. From what im seeing, the CC rarely heals itself ever. I figure im a priest. Why not heal myself? Am i just dumb or is this the case?

8. no1knowsy

This is the case. Not a bad idea to implement tho. Maybe PriestDev will do this :)

9. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

As a Shadow Priest, you need your mana bar to be full when beginning an encounter in order to provide optimal contribution. Dropping Shadowform to pop a heal when out-of-combat depletes the resource which you need in order to kill dragons. The idea here is that since there is no way to know exactly when you will enter combat, we'd prefer to enter the fight with 80% health and 100% mana than the other way around since the healer(s) can manage your health bar in addition to the health returns from Vampiric Embrace. Mana is much more difficult to recuperate once in combat.

For Solo or PvP, I can see how it would be preferable to pop a heal but the current emphasis of the CustomClass is on end-game content in a group. We'll look into making this an option down the line, but frankly I don't consider it a high priority.

10. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Can you provide more thorough description of what you observed? A log would be extremely helpful as well.

With Mind Sear, it should stay targeted on the tank, and only switch targets once the number of in range mobs has been reduced and Mind Sear is no longer optimal or when a target below 25% health has been detected to slam it with Shadow Word: Death (which should help with the mana).

I'm not really sure how you would want to weigh to Mind Sear. Do you have a suggestion on how you would like to see this implemented that is not already in the GUI?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    11. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

Yes.

12. no1knowsy

First page if I remember correctly. "Drink/Eat when resting."

13. flexation

flexation New Member

Ya, I found it after I posted that. HA

I disabled it. Kept trying to drink after every fight it seemed and went though all kinds of drinks

14. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

I'll look into the logic a bit and see if we can clean that up for you. With CC's in general it's hard to write eat/drink behavior for LazyRaider that won't just burn through food and drink because it will try to eat/drink whenever you are out of combat and not moving. I personally have it turned off on my own setup and just deal with resting manually.

15. no1knowsy

Exactly the same here. You're sitting there anyways, why not? :)

16. shuuk

shuuk Member

is it a bug? the bot switches to a pet or element..how can i turn off this issue?

17. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

If I am interpreting you correct, it sounds as though you are attempting to use the bot for PvP Combat. PvP is currently not implemented. You are more than welcome to attempt to use this for PvP, but we will not support it at this time and it's probably in your best interest to disable all targeting mechanics in the GUI.

18. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

I know there hasn't been much in the way of updates recently guys. We're working on a pretty hearty update right now and are looking at release AltarBoy 2.0 here sometime in the fairly near future.

New Features to Expect:
      • Improved Cooldown management including triggering Cooldowns with user-customizable random procs. (e.g. Holding trinkets until Volcanic Destruction procs)
      • Smarter methods for preventing double casting of debuffs with a casting time
      • User customizable thresholds for using Mind Spike vs. Normal Rotation
      • Improved logging
      • Support for the Affliction Warlock specialization in End-Game content with AoE and Multi-Dotting capabilities

If there's anything else that you'd like us to consider, please feel free to add it here. Again, no promises on a time frame of when you can expect this to go live, we want to do this stuff right.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    19. flexation

flexation New Member

A quicker way to turn auto target on / off for boss fights.

I also have a weird issue with multiple adds, it will rotate through the adds and DOT them. Come back to the first add, burn him down, and not select another add. Ill have to manually tab the bot and he will kick off again.

Boss's with interupt completely screw the bot up, he wont cast VT, MB, MF.

20. spriestdev

spriestdev New Member

This was the idea behind being able to designate specific mobs as Focus and Ignore targets. Are you trying to turn off targeting in the middle of a boss fight without leaving the game window? This is difficult to do as we either have to introduce multiple LUA calls and sending commands through the game's chat channels (which, in my opinion, is risky) or to introduce a Hotkey-type functionality which would require low-level keystroke monitoring (excessive).

Of course, I could be misinterpreting you here, so clarify if you're looking for something else.

Edit: Okay, thinking about this a bit more... are you wanting an option where it disables auto-targeting if a boss is detected in range? It will be tricky, but we can try working that up for you. No promises though.

So you're saying that it will cycle through the adds once correctly dotting them, then when SW:p and VT fall off, it doesn't reapply? Or that if there are new incoming mobs it won't DoT them?

Please specify an encounter or encounters that this is happening on. I'm not sure that it's actually the boss having interrupts that matters, more likely it sounds like something is tripping the IsMoving flag.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011