• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Altec's Raiding Warrior Tank

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by altec, Sep 22, 2014.

1. altec

altec Community Developer

Yeah, I had this, but for some reason, it kept getting stuck trying to cast whenever the range matched but then character has moved outside of the cast range for heroic throw, it kept spamming Heroic Throw for quite a bit before changing spells. Sorry for the super late reply, was doing a bit of catchup and just noticed your thoughts on heroic throw.

2. Jorakel

Jorakel New Member

hello i found out that it doesnt take into consideration the latency u have... there is an option in wow called "custom lag tolerance" under combat options that allows us to be able to skip the loss of time we would have waiting for the full gcd to come back (like honorbuddy does)... this results in a BIG loss of active time (50-100ms per GCD is a LOT if u sum them together in a 1 minute fight)!!!! i remember when i used to play in cataclysm we had honorbuddy casting spells way before the GCD had finished (for example 300/400ms before the spell could actually be casted) therefore not wasting any time and resulting in a perfect rotation.... is there any way we could get back to that somehow? is there anything i can add in the CCs to make it work like that?

3. altec

Yes, there is a way, it is hard for me to test though, considering I do not have any lag issues.beyond 120ms. Most spells are 1.5s GCD, with an exception of a few spells. I had this pulsing at 40ms, but that was too fast, so I lowered it to 250ms. Then I added in a cooldown check to it, which made it almost perfect, but for non laggy situations. If you remove SpellManager.Cooldown, I think that might fix the issue for you, as that forces it to wait for the game to tell HB that the GCD is finished. Good catch, ill play around with this and see if I can finetune it.

4. Graham31004

Graham31004 Member

Thank you! This routine is amazing!

5. thisisjustatest

thisisjustatest New Member

Warrior glad doesn't work properly yet? It doesnt wanna use Shield charge for some reason? Also, is the prot rotation the same as Glad rotation? Cus i cant see anything glad in the Class config.

6. altec

Stated before there is no class config option with this CR. Glad / Prot / Fury all work atm, the only thing left is to fine-tune each of them. If you are in Glad Stance, it will use shield charge, if you are in battle / prot stance, it will not because there is no option to. Prot and Glad rotations are similar, yes.

7. Canbus

Canbus New Member

Hey Altec.. thanks a lot for the combat routine.. works very well.. one thing I'd like to see is making it not bladestorm on 1 monster.. like 4+ would be good imo.

8. altec

adding customization in the next big update for spells.

9. Gymno

Gymno New Member

So does this work for running norms or heroics. Like can I let it run it for me?

10. altec

This is a combat assisted routine, at least for now. Have not yet teated it with 100% afk. The movement routine might work just fine for you, it is a rough draft of movement with routines, but it should work just fine. I would enjoy your feedback from that one, as I have not received any recently.

11. altec

View attachment AltecWarrior V6.1.zip

Updates:
      v6.1 -
      Minor update. Fixed routine spam, will still error out on certain bosses (UBRS Ragewing, wormboss, and a few others that are not on the "platform") when using heroic throw. Will add an option to remove this spell if desired. Fixed Heroic Strike / Execute errors. Minor smoothing of code - fixed CD's to be boss only or if addcount is sufficient - will add user option for this one when GUI comes out.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    12. Canbus

Canbus New Member

Altec.. for some reason it stops using Shield Slam and Revenge when a boss is under 20% health.. won't regenerate rage for execute. You might know about it but incase you don't :)
      Thanks for your hard work. Love this profile.. very well done so far :)

EDIT: I guess it's not only under 20%... seems to happen a few times during boss encounter and even some trash. I have to manually use Shield Slam or Revenge for it to start using the rotation again or ijust sits there using Devastate.

EDIT2: Thought i'd add that if this is the same problem that you mentioned about the Heroic throw, I didn't see it use it except for at the pull, so not sure if that is what triggered this.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    13. altec

Looking into this issue, will post back when it is solved.

14. altec

Link on first post

Updates:
      v6.2 -
      Fixed Glad / Battle stance dps rotation, should no longer stall. Heroic Throw removed from rotations, causes too many issues atm, you can uncomment it if you wish to use again.

15. Canbus

Canbus New Member

Wow.. thanks for the quick update.. I will try it out immediatly.

EDIT: Works a lot better.. so far nothing weird has happened.

EDIT2: Here's another thing. When a boss etc is under 20% health it stops using Heroic Strike sometimes.. like when Ultimatum procs.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    16. AndyCP

AndyCP New Member

Hey Altec,

any chance this update or next will work in PvP?

17. altec

Ahh I know what I did wrong on that part, at work atm, will fix when I get off tonight.

18. altec

I haven't been working on that part, trying to get the GUI down and working properly. I'll look into it after I release the mini update today when I get off work. The GUI is annoying me ATM, so I will put that on hold and maybe make a very basic version.

19. hodge74

hodge74 Member

atm i have a baby level 25 war tanky, is this any good to tank with my baby?

20. altec

I have not leveled a fresh warrior, but others have in this thread, a few pages back. They said it was working just fine for them. I would say give it a try and report back :)