• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Altec's Raiding Warrior Tank

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by altec, Sep 22, 2014.

1. hodge74

hodge74 Member

it works perfect with lazy raider too :) lvl 27 prot

2. Fus

Fus New Member

Made a account just to tell you how well this works. Leveled 92-100 with it, Tanked many heroics as prot and DPS'd a few as glad. 9/10 times I'm the top DPS, even as prot.

Great CR. My only suggestion would be a option to prioritize Shield Barrier and only use Heroic Strike when it's free. Other than that, 10/10 CR.

3. TerryT423

TerryT423 New Member

Good to hear! I'm wanting to get into PvE this xpac but have NO CLUE about how to PvE as a warrior, was looking for something to do that for me :p

4. Naum

Naum New Member

Why won't this work in arena? Other routines seem to work in arena just fine. Mine just says "Not in game" whenever I enter an arena. This works fine in battlegrounds..

5. xvampx

xvampx New Member

Hey i'll be trying this CR tonight on my warrior tank!
      If i understand correctly, you will have to use the defensive CD on your own, which is great!
      Does the CR pool enough Rage for us to use Shield Block?
      Also does it automatically taunt a boss target if you lose aggro or do we have to do this manually? (i hope manually)

6. altec

altec Community Developer

It shall always maintain enough rage for shield block / barrier. as the rage spending for heroic strike is only usable if free (due to procs) or if you have greater then 80 rage. Yes, you use your own Defensive CDs and you prefer. Taunt is done by the user, not the bot, making it raid friendly. I still have to figure out when to do shield block / barrier and when. Now, during execute phase, it spends any and all rage to try to nuke it down. This can be changed if issues arise during raids this week.

7. altec

I do believe that HB team disabled any arena support - at least last I heard. This CR is not pvp focued at all, if it works, great, if not, well, it was never intended. I stated a few times I will look into pvp later on, but as of now, I have no plans to convert this over to a pvp.

8. altec

Glad to hear it, never really attempted to try this on a low level warrior, so hearing it is working perfect means a lot to me :)

9. altec

Yeah, I have a struggle atm about barrier over block, and when to use which. Only using heroic strike when free? A lot of potention TPS / DPS would be wasted there due to rage capping, I do see your point, that way you always have at least 40 rage after spending a complete 60 rage on barrier, more shields for survival is better then a little dps heroic strike brings. I'll look into that this week when raiding is released. Other then that, glad to hear you are enjoying it :)

10. xvampx

xvampx New Member

I always prefer SBlock over SBarrier, because of the way the mechanics work. Also SB is ace when you are being targeted by magic dmg, Sblock is preffered when taking normal damage, since it will migitate a whole lot more damage.

Thanks for the fast response on my question before. I will be using it to raid this thursday and let you know how things went :)

11. altec

Yeah, that is the issue I have with the bot, I am unsure how to identify if incoming dmg is physical or magic, short of hardcoding each encounter manually. I also don't know if a ranged hunter's attacks are considered blockable from shield block, or of shield barrier would be best to use. Other then that, a simple range check will work moat of the time. Then you have bosses with huge attack zones where the bot gets the distance of 10m, but you are intact still in melee range. That is one reason why I had to remove heroic throw.

12. Fus

Fus New Member

Of course! :) Like I said, it really is a great CR, especially when going Glad Stance.

13. AndyCP

AndyCP New Member

How does this handle unyielding in glad?
      At what stack does it start using spamming HS? Does it still maintain shield charge during unyieldings?

Just wondering if its coded properly or not, otherwise I assume Heavy Reprecussions is better right?

14. altec

Unyielding strikes is accounted for, but it will only consume rage when the threshold of <rage> is reached, unless you have max stacks of the buff, then it will cast heroic strike whenever it is off CD. In my heroic testings, HR was better then US, but that is only in heroics gear with tank priority stats. With that being said, I do need to gather a DPS set and do some testing to see which talent is better. As for now, I just have to decide if I want the bot to cast Ravanger or leave it user casted.

15. AndyCP

AndyCP New Member

doesn't seem to be using heroic properly in 5/6 stacks.
      It's probably better to have a sliding scale for HR rather than just simply >50rage or 6stack unyielding.

Also is it possible to have better uptime on unyielding? For example, it sometimes will just bypass 5stack immediately, rather than spam heroic during 5stack and refresh(goto 6stack) at <1s remaining, maximizing unyielding uptime.

16. altec

Ooh, I do like that sliding scale for US, I'll get that pushed to the next mini release :)

As far as uptime? I had it originally that way, but reverted from it. I'll toy with it again to see if the results are different.

17. smoothwrath

smoothwrath Member

Hi all,
      Can i ask which talents you're currently using for hc farm and/or solo gameplay.

Many thanks for this routine altec.

18. Gatherit

Gatherit New Member Buddy Store Developer

This CR whips ass! It even beats TuanHA's CR in PVE and that is where it's at for me.

Using the Prot Glad spec.

19. altec

Link is on the first post.

Updates:

20. altec

Any talents are supported Lvl 15 talents are user preference, as main routine does not use Charge, lvl 75 talent is not used either, user casted whenever needed. Anything else, with the exception of Ravager - the lvl 100 talent - is supported.

But mainly, I use T1 - Double time / T2 - Enraged Regen / T3 - Unyielding strikes (Heavy Repercussions during Glad Stance) / T4 - Shockwave / T5 - Vigilance / T6 - Bloodbath / T7 - Ravager (Gladiator's Resolve for glad stance).