• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Article: Honorbuddy Paid Plugin System

Discussion in 'vBCMS-Kommentare' started by bossland, Feb 25, 2010.

1. neeeo

neeeo New Member

Would be HB able to fly with the gather plugin ?

Thanks

2. starnzl

starnzl New Member

So... whats the point of gatherbuddy then ??

HB 5 RAF is cheaper than GB Lifetime... but with GB you get 5 sessions.. Lifetime you get 3...

Bit confuzzled here

3. vipersnake

vipersnake New Member

I'm a long (as long as can be) user of HB and even develop custom classes. But to start charging for addons is a nice idea but it is also getting a bit greedy imo. The plugins are there to make the product better which ultimately equals more sales. Charging for plugins is just costing the user that already purchased the product.

There is an addon system for a reason. User supported plugins. Honestly without user supplied Custom Classes HB would be not very worthwhile. So now we are asking for user supplied classes and to pay for extras.

Now for the plus side. I think GB is terrible and I don't use it because of the dps system. So to have a GB addon for HonorBuddy is an incredible idea and well worth it.

I sound a bit negative but I guess it all depends on what there is to offer. I developed custom classes that people use (I know they use them because I have been thanked). I have not been paid anything, so to ask me to buy a plugin after I helped grow HB is a bit hard for me to swallow. I do not use plugins either, so I cannot say I am going to miss much when I do not pay for anything else.

Overall I am a believer in open source communities and had hoped that HB would stay that way. If it does stay that way and Bossland and Hawker are just selling 'extra's that we still do not need then great. You have my blessings. Especially considering I am betting all the extras are for farmers and they should be paying extra for those features. If us casual botters/hobbyists get by with what we have then awesome!

Overall +1 from me (with a caveat :) )

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
    4. Blehbot

Blehbot New Member

I dont know what to think. I understand when sales of the bot reach saturation then income is much lower. I appricate the fact you will be giving Gather plug in to lifetime members though and nothing posted look to be essential to a quality bot. I will prolly be upset if the Questing part of the bot gets changed to a charged addon though(I understand to this point that is said to be coming as part of the base code). The other thing that scares me is the current plugs ins are not reliable for the most part. There are some great ones like Etalent and King Jumper. But there are ones that seem to be a huge bonus that are just really buggy such as etrain(I am not trying to put down etrain I just have not been able to use it stable). I hope the quality of the paid Addons will stay at the level that the core programming is at and not at the level current plug state is.

5. xvampx

xvampx New Member

well if you dont want to pay for the extra plugins, then just go ahead and code your own. nobody is stopping you from making your own plugins, and user plugins will still be released. its just up to you if you want to pay for a supported plugin or not.

6. dkels

dkels New Member

That's what I was going to say.. Do you really think that after the plugins are released for purchase, someone won't decide to code their own. Now, that brings up another scenario that Bossland and others may not like.

But like others said.. we'll see what happens.

7. v0rt3x

v0rt3x New Member

wait so will HB have the same function as GB or what?! Will the flying plugin for HB be equivalent to GB? I need to know because i'm about to buy GB.

8. atraill

atraill New Member

You paid for the bots and promised updates, you did not pay for the extra plugins.

Can't wait to see the fishbot plugin!

9. cagefighter

cagefighter New Member

Calm down he had valid points. He had concerns and he was voicing his opinion. If you dont like it move on. I think the bot is getting ahead of itself. You say it is a PVP bot? Yet you can only go into 4 BG's at the moment. I would prefer the ability to enter all the bg's before working on other things. There is still alot of confusion about the new system, and who has to pay, and the amount to be paid. I am a lifetime member but still dont understand what i am going to have to pay for. The app thing is fine if you dont want the app dont pay for it. but someone please explain the new payment system so all of us can understand.

10. bossland

bossland Administrator

please read the article from today on the CMS of this forum

11. ffragoso

ffragoso New Member

I must say that I do love the direction you guys are taking the HB product and really hope to see it sometime soon. It make great business and product deployment for future HB releases.

That would be one of my questions, will you be providing the functionality to alert when new HB releases are available?

Also has there been any consideration to having a tripwire plugin? a forums/messages plugin. I would love to know when meshes, CC or profiles I use have updates to them...just a few plugin ideas!

This will be my moment to thank you guys for the work you do on HB and constantly working to improve it...

HB/GB Lifetime...

-F

12. benj180

benj180 Member

Awesome idea's fella's :) and for those moaning about it; why didnt you just buy lifetime in the first place?

13. Naxxy

Naxxy Banned

does not sound to bad:p fishbot would be great as i dont trust some bot a guy just made for fun to say it like that. but again will gb be removed and put into hb then as it will have the plugin? then i hope atleast it can stay that way so it dont loot mobs but do gather as when i gather with hb to skill mining or herb it dismounts and kill every mob it aggros and for some reason i have to have loot mobs on to loot herbs etc. and even bether get us a relogger! :p

14. namaze

namaze New Member

They only thing I don't fully understand is that if HB can fly and gather herbs/nodes, then why on earth would we need gatherbuddy. In my opinion, you should just make the bots into one, and charge half again as much for this one mega-ton bot. =) Also, I love the idea of the AH-plugin.

15. namaze

namaze New Member

I still don't understand why they don't just combine Gatherbuddy and Honorbuddy. The only thing GB has over HB is the fact that it can fly to farm (I think, perhaps guild bank deposit? I'm not sure, don't use HB that often). If you ask me, they should just put the two bots together, and then charge half again extra for lifetime or something. If you get a plugin that will allow honorbuddy to fly, then what's the point of getting Gatherbuddy at all. I'm not trying to say this in a rude way or anything, and if anyone would like to shed some light on this for me, I would much appreciate it.

16. lepra

lepra New Member

Just a question about the paid plugin system, it will aloud any people to sell their plugins or custom CC ?
      That would be nice... and would bring lot of people into it.

17. r0sc0

r0sc0 New Member

I think honorbuddy with a gatherbuddy plugin would be awesum aslong as the gatherbuddy used the CC from honorbuddy as i hate using macros! i actualy posted this idea along time ago on the forums and alot of people voted for it! as alot of the hardcore members i dont mind paying for the addons that i will use! its better than getting charged 1 lump sum for something your not going to use! so giving us the choice is awesum :) keep up the good work guys + pvp improvement would be sick and more control about how much the cc developers can do function wise.
      just my thoughts :)

18. Jonao3

Jonao3 New Member

Will HB2 be able to use flying mount while leveling?

19. sh266073

sh266073 New Member

Well can anyone tell me when this is going to happen, because one of the main reasons i bought hb is because of the auction plugin, but that hasnt worked for over quite some time now, and i really cant find anything useful about the release date of this paid plugin system...

Please if someone has any clue, any at all, please let me know

20. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Ye u got something right,
      that wasnt my MAIN Reason to buy HB(just Because HB is Awesome)
      But i would Really like to know when it gets out:)