• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • AutoEquip2 & Talented2 - Finally Integrated

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Florida, Mar 12, 2014.

1. MulinexMan

MulinexMan Member

Free decision-making. I want to be able to decide specific things for myself. I have the archeology agility polearm Spear of Xuen - fully upgraded and enchanted it's the far superior choice for a warrior than any green beginner 2h weapon, simply due to its raw dps. In the old autoequip i could disable the weapons slot and he kept it until I decided for the toon to use something else. Now i cannot control that in any way.

2. MaiN

MaiN Moderator Staff Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

For the average user, more settings does not equal a better experience. This is why we chose to keep the user interface pretty simplistic.
      There's a setting you can use to control whether to equip weapons or not, but you have to access it either through your settings file, or through the console. To do it through the console, press Developer Tools, go to the 'Console' tab and enter this:
      Code:
      CharacterSettings.Instance.AutoEquipWeapons = false;
      Then press 'Run' in the top right corner. This will disable auto equipping weapons on the current toon. To reenable it, enter this code instead:
      Code:
      CharacterSettings.Instance.AutoEquipWeapons = true;
      If there is enough demand for more advanced configuration of the character manager, we might expose a different UI to be able to accomplish it, but so far, the simplistic interface seems to work out for almost all users.

EDIT: Also, the integration was not a 1:1 integration. It was a complete rewrite with much better support for weapons, rolling, quest reward selection, heirlooms and in general better performance.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    3. Florida

Florida Banned

I like it the way it is much better now.

4. bloodmarks

bloodmarks New Member

usability is much better now, and most stuff advanced users want can be configured in config file anyway (like weight sets),
      but it would be nice if we could implement some interface
      and have our "more advanced" implementation of loot roller or equiper (think multiple gear sets) replace default implementation

5. -M_M-

-M_M- New Member

I'm not a fan of the integration... I have my assassination rogue equipping axes instead of daggers (I know this is fixed in the beta) and selecting mail armor for quest rewards (not sure if this is fixed in beta). While I understand that this was intended to make things simpler for the "average user", the option should still be there to access the same customizations for AE2 that were there before without having to delve into settings and potentially screw something up.

6. izzy

izzy Member

Good point but what if you are trying gear t a different spec. Say your a Feal druid and you respect to Resto then play as the feral to get the gear. I see this all the time.

7. MaiN

MaiN Moderator Staff Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

If there are no quest rewards that are better than something we have equipped, the bot will select the quest reward that sells for the most. The log will tell you this.
      Not supported currently.

8. Joker76

Joker76 Member

Do the weight sets take gems/enchants/reforging into account when deciding what to equip?

9. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Is there a way to set settings globally or at least to define them to a certain spec for each class instead of per character (so you don't have to set them each time, would great to have this option)... would be great for me then I wouldn't have to use my plugin or move pre-defined singular settings to each character folder.