• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Banned in the last few weeks? Let's track it!

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by LowKey, Mar 2, 2013.

?

What were you doing when you got banned? And which region?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2013.
    1. EU realm

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. US realm

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. Farming herbs/ore/leather/fish

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. BGs

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    5. Leveling

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    6. Farming misc (mounts, pets, old dungeons)

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    7. Economy (AH, shuffle, etc)

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    8. Misc or other - please tell us what

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. flgodofmoney

flgodofmoney New Member

Got banned looking at the screen while botting gathering, no porting or anything just insta perma banned, trying to appeal now, careful out there.

2. kennyisnotdead

kennyisnotdead New Member

Thought this was interesting during the recent dev interview: "The team working on WoW has also been enlarged, and is now bigger than ever before. The team size will be increased as time goes on." Their anti-cheating resources will be increased for sure.

I found it very interesting that they made Isle of Thunder a very chaotic place for anyone attempting to bot. I have a hard enough time getting around without getting mass zerged from mobs or stuck on random parts of the environment. I couldnt imagine a bot performing well here.

I've gone into phase two by rock jumping and its just as bad as the open area.

3. sodade21

sodade21 Member

EU 2 accounts 1 by stucking and reported by player while bot doing dailies. second account was RAF of the first and got banned after 2 mins of doing bg.

EDIT: it wasnt Perma Ban but final warning 72h suspension.. i was trying for 2 days to turn it..but they had some solid evidence about boting that couldnt do anything..

4. Winz

Winz New Member

2 new bans for me(EU)
      Again farming / selling materials, that was RAF accounts, lvl up with kick profiles.
      I didn t even have time to get rid of the gold they started to made.

It seems to me that their anti bot politics have really became harder.

5. flairdevil

flairdevil Community Developer

IMO this is a direct result of the patch hitting. Patch is now finally out, resources (GM's) time is freed up to handle other things - botters./..:p

6. flairdevil

flairdevil Community Developer

This is how everyone seems to be getting it...... Which to me reads detection, right?

7. VileSoda

VileSoda New Member

A large portion of the bans in the past few weeks happened to people using GB for gathering. In my opinion, they have some sort of detection for farming these things. I find it hard to believe they just happen to be seeing this many people doing it.

8. eXtOphius

eXtOphius Member

Recently had one account banned for botting, GB2 running 24/7, and another banned 2 days after for either GB2 or ArchaeologyBuddy (used both before it got hit).

I've yet to appeal either.

XtO

9. Stormen

Stormen New Member

After reading much here, i find it quite obvious that there is some form of detection. The question is how you get detected. Perhaps you need to do something in order to be detected in the first place, and the detection system doesn't just notice you until you do.

10. sodade21

sodade21 Member

if you got suspended for botting and your raf accounts are on their radar...when its safe to start botting again if ever??

11. LowKey

LowKey New Member

GMs don't write code for patches. If anything, they would usually be busier after a patch as people make more tickets for all the broken stuff, or to just ask questions about the new content. It's always the same, the wait time for a ticket jumps from a few hours before a new patch to a few days or a week after a big patch. This one was no different.

It certainly seems more like there were a lot of bans leading up to 5.2. I plan on doing another of these threads with better options once all the 5.2 dust settles so we can see who was banned after 5.2 and for what.

Maybe the HB dev team has some way of tracking this accurately that we don't know about. I'd love to have some info other than, "It's not a ban wave."

12. Obliv

Obliv New Member

The HB team won't know exactly what's happening on the other side of the fence. A ban wave would cause the forum to crash.... so they're right, it's not a ban wave. It does seem like they have a better method for detecting people, but that could also be the influx of active players in 5.0 and the fact that they've made it extremely easy to report botting behaviors.

13. newb420

newb420 New Member

over 500 people banned and probably close to 1000 accounts closed since this was posted nice... :D

14. Nightcrawler12

Nightcrawler12 New Member

This is the best thread i have read in a while. A bit too fear mongering for my liking, my best guess is blizz is paying closer attention to people farming ores/herbs after only maybe 5 reports. It won't last long, gm's will get too busy again and won't be able to keep up with the bot

15. SoulSector

SoulSector Member

The fact that more EU accounts were banned worries me as it was always safer to bot on EU realms than US realms.
      Hmm. This does worry me indeed. Guess I'll just have to be safe and not bot unattended and when I do bot to be as social as possible! :)

16. furyz0r

furyz0r Member

How? If there are only 271 voters.

17. MrB

MrB Member

I'm quite suprised about the EU having more than the US too. I've just had my US account bannned for a first offense, no warnings or suspensions and I'd only been level 90 for a week. On my EU accounts, everything is fine, I've never had a perma ban in a couple of years. Had a couple of suspensions before but botting smart since and everything is ok. US seem more switched on and have little sympathy. I tried to appeal but they we're having none of it. Tried to appeal again last night but the reply just said the matter was already dealt with and won't be looked into again.

Not sure if I CBA to fork out for more game keys and start again which is a shame as I was enjoying it on the US realms.

18. xocol

xocol New Member

after 5,2 i got 7/20 accs banned , i'll wait a couple of days to go back bot

I did my profiles for farm(7-8 hour p/day) and i use bg to lvl up till 80 after i did quest till 90 , i have 2 computer (not same IP) .

PS. I dont blame DEV team and i know it is my risk bot

19. Ghost-Dawg

Ghost-Dawg New Member

2 farming accounts banned in 3 months. I also got my main account banned after haveing him farm a few hours of ore. Called up blizz and bitched saying my account was hacked, got it back.

All in all, I dont think they have a way of telling unless they are the ones who inveted Honorbuddy!? ;)

20. wingsta

wingsta New Member

Lol how funny would that be. I always thought that blizzard ran some of the gold selling sites, lets face it they can create the gold for nothing and get some Chinese company to sell it for thousands. Would be a great side line business for them lol