• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Banwave - 19 May 2016 Discussion

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by sp3sh, May 20, 2016.

1. widds

widds Member

Haven't used Honorbuddy since the huge wave last May, I was just wondering... did the Honorbuddy team adapt what the Demonbuddy team came up with for attempting to "hide" the *buddy process from Blizzard/Warden? Basically utilizing local user accounts on the machine to run the game as that user so that it's kind of "sandboxed" in the processes it has access to. *buddy is then ran as an admin which gives it access to the game but not vice versa. Obviously wouldn't help at all if Blizzard knew IP ranges of the buddy service itself, but for other kinds of detection it can.

2. supasitario

supasitario Member

holy fuck .. now i guess i get why i got dcd from hb .. and that explains .. everything...
      Guess i never realized this...

3. unforgivable

unforgivable Member

Does anyone have any insight on when a new updated version of HB will be out? Is there a thread I'm missing where they update us on their progress? Kind of blows not being able to use right now without getting insta banned. Thanks in advance to any helpful responses.

4. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

The bot is up and working just fine right now.

Saying you'll get insta-banned is a bit of an exaggeration.

5. mudplayerx

mudplayerx New Member

You can buy a new license on the banned account and still have all the stuff.

6. mudplayerx

mudplayerx New Member

Keep using HB. Just make sure you conduct all transactions with Blizz on a Paypal account. When they ban your account, just open a Paypal dispute on EVERYTHING related to Blizz. Paypal refunds 100% of it. This has worked for me flawlessly.

7. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Encouraging people to commit fraudulent activities is against forum policies.

You really shouldn't encourage people to participate in potentially illegal activities.

8. mudplayerx

mudplayerx New Member

It isn't fraudulant. I told Paypal EXACTLY what happened. I told them I was banned and no longer had access to what I paid for.

However, you accusing me of fraudulent activity is slander/libel.

edit - I have used this method about five or six times as well (being honest to Paypal each time). If Paypal had an issue with this, they would have addressed the situation by now.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    9. bossland

bossland Administrator

In Germany, if you close the access to something, where you previously gave the other party acces to and its subscription based, then you should at least give him back the money that is still left on basis of the sub.

That is something that we should go to court to and go with it to the Federal Court of Justice to set an example, so companies like Blizzard finally start accept the laws of countries. It seems all they care about is how US law works and how their lobby and their big law firms defines it.

10. Lokeboy

Lokeboy Member

If you are breaking the ToS of the game when using a bot, you have no rights to complain when you get hammered. If you decide to bot, its nobody but your own fault if you get banned.

11. bossland

bossland Administrator

If the TOS/EULA applied correctly when it should have, at the time of purchase, and that is not the case, in Germany at least.

12. Oceanhawk

Oceanhawk New Member

God you fanboys are just disgusting. The point of my message was that Bossland is still selling a product that will 100% get an account banned quickly. It's detected and yes I know they didn't promise me shit but it's sickening that they still sell this crap to people who think if they are careful they won't get banned. So fanboys stfu, we get it, you don't give a crap about disposable accounts. thats' not the point.

13. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

You very clearly said to open a Paypal dispute on EVERYTHING...Which very clearly would be fraud.

You're actually pretty lucky that Paypal hasn't said enough is enough and closed your account.

I wouldn't store any money in your Paypal account especially if you keep disputing claims from the same company. You may wake up to a hard reality when Paypal closes your account and freezes any assets you have stored in the account...And the worst part is is you'll have absolutely zero recourse to get them to open the account back up.

It's strange that Bossland would come here would come here and say something like this when his forum mods have been closing topics, deleting comments and muting people for saying this in the past.

Maybe you should get on the same page with your mods.

14. UnderratedPost

UnderratedPost Member

It's not detected I've been AFK questing for 2 days straight :) They expanded the ip ranges of the tripwire

15. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Doesn't matter if its related to Blizz or any other company. If you dispute EVERYTHING, you are committing fraud.

My eyes are clearly open, maybe you should take your own advice.

16. WolfpackPB

WolfpackPB Member

Lol that's some blatant fraud, just because Paypal complies with their customer doesn't mean it's not. They are notorious for allowing the Buyer to get away with murder until the seller disputes. Just because you get away with it doesn't mean you aren't a scumbag and you aren't doing something that is wrong by getting a refund for a service you've already received.

PS If you bothered to read the Terms of Paypal you'd know that Blizzard has every right to contest, prove you received what you paid for, and freeze your paypal until you fork over your "refund". I'm betting paypal won't fight too hard against a massive company just to appease one minor scammer.

*Edit* Getting refunded for any pre-paid content is not Fraudulent, but if you played for 3 months claiming a refund for that 45$ would be fraud.

ryftobuddy likes this.
    17. jarvikaan

jarvikaan New Member

This.

I made a request to get refunded of legion preorder + my sub month currently paid (ban happened 4 days after I paid my current month). CS said they won't refund any € concerning Legion preorders and sub from banned accounts. So... Blizzard grant themselves many rights to do things like closing accounts without warnings or refunds, looking outside wow.exe in the process memory etc... It has been said before on this topic or another, that, granted doesn't mean they have the right to and it differs from a country to another. So, what are the options now ? I accept the ban but want my legion preorder and sub month back and i'll take a lawyer if needed (I won't spend a single € paying a lawyer because my aunt is a notorious lawyer here in Paris so... She'll help me).

18. jerome123

jerome123 Member

Je pense que du moment ou tu enfreins leur règlement charte du jeu tu te met une balle dans le pied a mon avis ...

19. narcnarc

narcnarc Member

Hablamos con ingles hombre ...

20. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Let us know how your lawsuit goes....

And you really shouldn't make claims that Blizz is scanning anywhere they shouldn't be. The HB team, nor anyone else, has ever proven that HB is scanning outside their processes. Just because you don't understand how you got caught, it doesn't mean Blizzard did anything illegal to catch you.