• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Banwave - 19 May 2016 Discussion

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by sp3sh, May 20, 2016.

1. jarvikaan

jarvikaan New Member

They are doing it. It's in their TOS. Someone quoted the line on another thread. They're not even hiding. Doesn't mean it's legal if they're doing it. As I said, they just grant themselves the right to until someone can prove it and sue them to court for anything related to this.

2. messycan

messycan Member

i was away two weeks in hospital surgery and therapy came back to banned account.. one account was bot account other was main i used in january last on main account to ashran farm gear.. and still hit for ban in may.. why? they detect all the time then ban all at same time together.

3. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Again, let us know how the lawsuit goes. I'm sure your aunt is going to spend the time, money and resources to fight a corporation like Blizzard on this point.

4. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

That's exactly right. Blizzard isn't going to send out banwaves instantly. They're going to spend months gathering as many accounts as possible. The more random they get with their ban process, the harder it is for companies like HB to actually figure out when and how a detection occurred.

5. webbcrawler

webbcrawler New Member

done

i've moved on to a new game. wow is a grind and hb made it easier. i've bought the full client and expansions twice already and this is enough for me. wow is boring, i'm done playing it. good luck in your infinite grind, folks!

6. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

It's funny how people come to a bot forum and whine about what a grind wow is...It's quite possibly one of the easiest mmo's to get a character to max level, and on top of that, you're most likely using a bot to get you there.

If you think hitting a start button on a bot is a "grind", I'd love to hear what you consider not to be a grind.

7. seizan

seizan Member

"Botting is risky and you accept it and bla bla bla"- Think we'd enough of it so i'll go straight to the point:

TW is something useful, but it's a piece a software - as Blizz products are.

You paid for a piace of software and pieces of software have bugs.

They found ous, they won a battle - it's part of the game. Stop complaining and start over: we will win the war :D

8. webbcrawler

webbcrawler New Member

lots of assumptions there. i was end game before finding this botting program. at most i made some gold and ran tanaan dailies for what i paid.

so many users are quick to flame the disgruntled players who paid for a program which isn't maintained except for user content. flame on, i learned my lesson... and everyone needs haters to keep them on their toes. lol

9. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Do you know what the definition of an assumption is? Can you point out anywhere where said assumption occurred?

Let me show you what an assumption looks like...

99% of disgruntled players get flamed because they lack the knowledge to make a valid argument. 99% of disgruntled users try to place the blame on anyone but themselves, when in reality, noone but themselves can be blamed.

You see the difference there?

I would dare say that you are the one making assumptions...Your claim that the bot is not maintained except for user content is completely false. If you were unhappy about the amount of content being added, what did you do to encourage the HB team to add additional content? What threads did you start with your suggestions?

10. UnderratedPost

UnderratedPost Member

HB is very well maintained you have no idea how much work probably goes on behind the scene to make HB the best bot on the market for the last number of years

11. osirislives

osirislives Member

Ryftobuddy, your signature says "Bliz can look at your CPUID and other parts of the machine fingerprint to know EXACTLY how many WoWclients are being run by the same machine. This is true whether you use VMs, different IPs, or whatever. This is NOT a flaw in Honorbuddy." -Direct quote from a Core Developer. All of your measures are worthless. Stop wasting your time and money.

I am by no means an IT professional, but someone has the knowledge of the process Blizzard does to do this, and I gaurentee there is a way to limit it. Whether that way is tied to running anything on Battle.net I don't know... What I am really wondering is, has anyone looked into what process let's them look at what's running on my machine? And if so, how is it tied to a client? Would blocking that scan stop server-client packets? Modifying the data that Warden does collect, as in to say certain processes are not running or are?

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    12. dzn1949

dzn1949 Member

"Switching to 64bit doesn't change anything detection wise ." Oh,Really?
      If you can, you can develop an application under the 64 bit program, to use Routines.
      64 wow, image quality and fluency are much higher than 32 bits,And FPS. Have a better choice, why not?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    13. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Because time is money. Because they don't want to spend the time to.

That's all you need to know.

14. eravex

eravex Member

At some point with computer learning the way it is, it would totally be possible for blizzard to pick up a few deep learning machines let it watch abots for a few weeks and then have it identify and ban them. the more bots it finds the better it would get at separating players from bots to till the point it was flawless. Then the very first time the bot slips up and doesn't look human it'll get instantly banned. Botting is something that without brand new innovation as to how its done, will eventually cease. In time a game can be deployed with instant detection. We are living at the end of an era, not saying its going to be this year or even next but enjoy it while you can. Bossland knows all too well that their learning curve to circumvent Blizzard isn't and small as the one they have to detect HB. But they still do a pretty good job of it. They are way less staffed than blizzard, way less funded and still have done a fair job.

I will say though that this ban wave probably doesn't leave them too optimistic about the June 1st Price changes.

15. UnderratedPost

UnderratedPost Member

this is just fear mongering nonsense and you obviously have no idea about what the actual threats are, there is nothing that can suddenly detect all bots with near 100% accuracy because there is too much variation in the way people use bots, you would have too many false positives. the threat we face is from detection of the HB program itself and the buddy developers know exactly what they need to do to avoid that but its a difficult task

Honorbuddy is not going anywhere!! :)

16. HB0916H38

HB0916H38 Member

rewrite, redesign the hb navigation system ;)

17. UnderratedPost

UnderratedPost Member

the navigation system is fantastic why would they do that :confused:

18. Mattys

Mattys New Member

How is that easier than - or just as easy as - automated? :p

He probably means that parts of it should be randomized.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    19. shapik

shapik New Member

x64 come to us pls...

20. goldconsumer2013

goldconsumer2013 New Member

My farming account got banned with about 7-8 TCG mounts in the AH at the moment of the ban. Is there a way for me to get those items back without having to buy them from the AH? (I dont have the money to buy them all)