• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Banwave - 19 May 2016 Discussion

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by sp3sh, May 20, 2016.

1. anubite

anubite Banned

bloody ouch, like we talked about i got done the same time as you but they really are sniffing you out camel since ofcourse you have alot more than me :(
      guild banks never been safe, but maybe they are turning their eyes onto them more these days heads up boys

2. WinterWonder

WinterWonder Member

This was announced on Discord. New 64bit rotation bot is under development.

3. vamp

vamp New Member

will be very interesting to see in (/if) future banwaves if the 64 bit rotation bot is also flagged
      should debunk some theories at the very least

4. UnderratedPost

UnderratedPost Member

very interesting news!! great idea to have separate bot for casual users

5. Inko

Inko Member

So stupid to ban when you have no arguments, the weakest thing that can be done. Distinctive feature of HB support and developers, ban ban ban everyone who is arguing. This fcking bot is alive only due to community, and your company is alive only due to community's money. More respect and learn to accept criticism, your are not ideal and people tired of being banned every 6 month. Make some real work instead of banning those who disagree with you.

6. UnderratedPost

UnderratedPost Member

there is a difference between making constructive arguments and criticism and ignorant trolling and antagonism, that guy was just trying to bait the developers into saying more than they want to and he was lucky to avoid a permanent ban. the fact he was only banned for 2 weeks and raphus even offered him a refund out of his personal wage completely contradicts your weak troll attempt :eek:

7. titanlock

titanlock Member

*grabs popcorns*
      this thread is fantastic

8. Thecamel

Thecamel Community Developer

I have given the buddy team ALOT of criticism... Never been banned... there are ways to do it.. And clearly old mate wasn't doing that..

be respectful..

9. thefaker

thefaker Member

I would like to share my experience with the HB and BanWave.
      Use since 2015 up more than 10 toons to level 100, I got exclusive mounts, farm much gold and ended up taking ban on 17 December / 2015.

After this lesson re-started to use bot with only Enyo and confess that used sometimes to farm gold.

In the last month before second banwave, played two to three times a day at most 3 hours.
      Was not using for leveling characters or to farm gold (as before).

I believe that Blizzard has developed really a spy to check memory or applications running, I have no knowledge in this area, so it's just a guess even ... unfortunate, but I took the risk from the time I came back to use the bot.

My suspension of the first account will end now on 17 June, I will return to play and no bot.

That's ... sorry for the english (google translate).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    10. JGreen

JGreen Member

Yes, if you feel unsure or don't feel like losing an account - it's best to stay at the sideline.

Regards,
      JG

11. asb1986

asb1986 New Member

My ban came today... :(

Buy another account in the same BNET ? wow2, wow3...

The accounts share the achievements , mounts and heirlom items..
      could continue playing and making gold until November when my ban expires, This is the best solution?

12. gamerhead

gamerhead Member

Bossland wont give out any information about the ban waves for the same reason Blizzard wont tell you how they fight/find the bots. Remember, information in the wrong hands can be a deadly as a nuclear bomb.

Aion likes this.
    13. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

I wish more gamers have common sense and objective PoV like you.

Admiration!

14. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Botting is never safe

[size=-2](EDIT: Original post has been deleted by Liquidmetal):[/size]
      Oooookaaaay... seems like some people have a little problem with reading or with comprehension skills.

Here it is YET again:
      + a bazillion forum posts regarding this issue. [size=-2](Conducting the search is left up to the reader.)[/size]

Botting is NOT safe. We've ALWAYS said this. There is nothing to debate. If you don't understand this, you should not be botting. Simple.

Buddy bots are nothing more than a power tool. Use them correctly, and they create amazing results. Used incorrectly, they remove life and limb. Occasionally, they fail. Deal with it.

Time to grow up, and put the big boy pants on. Be responsible for your own decisions.

cheers,
      chinajade

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    15. UsernameInvalid

UsernameInvalid Community Developer

China, Raphus, and all the devs / support staff please take these forums with a grain of salt and remember that your dedicated user base understands the way the world works in relation to bot safety and the efforts going into securing the proper channels for the bot to function day to day. We know you are here to make money, that's the point of running a business, yet you regularly help out users who do not know how to code let alone install the application itself. Take a deep breath we still love you even if some of our accounts have been banned, and come back at the task with renewed vigor!

chinajade likes this.
    16. chtpm

chtpm Member

Why do you people keep bitching about it? When has bossland ever said that is completely safe to bot WoW? We are all cheaters and we all deserve to be banned. I just love the fact that it’s not done overnight and we actually have the time to have fun or w/e we decide to do with this software. Thank you HB for creating this awesome bot, keep botting or GTFO!

17. hackitbaby

hackitbaby Member

Sorry to say that buddy but thats bullshit.
      Blizzard wont tell you cause they dont know if Bossland knows what exactly got detected (i dont think they know every time cause it not that easy tbh) but when Bossland knows what they detected there is no reason to hide it (security wise) cause Blizzard believe me or not knows exactly what they detected and they dont give a shit about it when Bossland posts this.
      You guys really think they run in forums day and night looking out for the new ways to detect hb ? I dont think so.

Why do you post such a bullshit ? Just to let Bossland know your the biggest fanboy arround ? Cmon buddy.

same to you - the fan package you ordered is it delieverd yet ?

I really dont want to attack someone directly but that makes me a little angry.

If Bosland dont want to tell us what was detected then its ok but they dont have to tell us hey we cant do that for security reasons cause thats bullshit.

I have coded 8 years for a site where counterstrike hacks was sold (a big one the most of you would know even if they dont play counterstrike) and we had detections too ofc and we allways told our customers the whole truth about the detection and i would love to see that here.

18. Piecoholic

Piecoholic New Member

And I bet it was real difficult for you too. Must've been quite the challenge sharing the information and keeping ahead of the multi million dollar company that was monitoring you. But hey, you did it for 8 years, I bet it would work for the HB team as well. I mean, after all, the situation is exactly the same, isn't it?
      Hey, maybe you've even been to court for a parking ticket? Then you could probably represent Bossland in court as well!

Edit: Maybe I was being a little bit too aggressive. Bottom line is that even though the programming might've been similar that doesn't mean the administrative side was the same. I imagine the scale for Bossland is a lot larger and they can't go around sharing all of their information willy nilly. Besides, at this point, I'm not even sure Bossland knows 100% what is causing them to be detected.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    19. hackitbaby

hackitbaby Member

I understand what you try to say here and you are not wrong but all in all the situation is quite simular.
      Its absolutly ok for me that bossland decided to not share the information, but it has absolutly nothing to do with Blizzard and the next detections that might come.
      Bossland says ok we cant tell you cause we are afraid and thats just a lie - they have their reasons why they dont tell the community what went wrong but its not that they are afraid of Blizzard.
      In most cases they dont know what exactly got detected (i think that might be the case but its just speculation) and thats ok, cause its not that easy to see what went wrong exactly- most ppl think ok how can they not know, but its not that easy.
      Maybe Bossland is just afraid to tell us that they dont know what exactly went wrong but we will never know.

I dont blame Bossland for the banwave or anything else - its ok for me and i am totaly cool with that, but i hate to read lies and the fanboys who never ever coded a snippet repeat that to everyone who is asking for the truth.
      I dont blame Bossland, i blame the fanboys.

Greetz

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    20. raphus

raphus Administrator Staff Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

There has been quite some acquisitions when we did not announce what we have found out and blizzard tried the same method 3 months later which has been wasted. That alone let all your accounts bot safely for at least 6 months.

There are also legal reasons for us to not share details.

Please stop insulting people. There will always be someone that loves something as much as you hate it. If you can not live with that fact, stop getting in discussions.

This is your last warning. Next time, you will be delivered a ban hammer package.