• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • BattleGround Botting --- How Safe Is It Really? ---

Discussion in 'Archives' started by 15outland, Jun 4, 2011.

?

Do You BattleGround Bot?

1. Yes I Do!

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No Way!

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Strand of the Ancients or Isles of Conquest. Which sounds better as a secondary BG to que for?

Primary is Alterac for me.

2. S_o_M

S_o_M Member

Battle of Gilneas ? ^^

I'd vote for SotA if you choose between these 2.

3. FunnymAN

FunnymAN Member

Started with Glider to Piroxbot to HB (will be getting it soon) and i can honestly say BG botting is the safest way to bot.

My advice, if you do plan to level through BG's, is you need to keep your toon's gear UP-TO-DATE! Especially when you move into a new expansion. A quick way around this is to use your honor pts and buy gear but that wont be enough and you should NEVER USE lvl70 PvP gear when you are in the 75-79 bracket and NEVER use lvl80 pvp gear in BG's. The give away is your HP, if you have low HP then people know something isn't right. I usually hand level 80-81 and replace everything with quests greens and i spend 1k-2k on a green set when i hit lvl75.

With that said i do highly recommend leveling through BG's. So many people are getting banned for using public profiles / botting in a highly populated areas and that just does not happen when you BG. Generally speaking, in one AV weekend, you should be able to level any toon to 81-85 range and that is not a lie!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    4. Espenbv

Espenbv New Member

I used Piroxbots for ages in BGs and I never even got a whisper of suspicion (it screenshotted whispers)

5. Spartanmfot

Spartanmfot New Member

Botting within battlegrounds can be a bit edgy, as long as you make sure you gear is up to date, custom classes are working correctly and the bot functions the way it is meant to then it all should be fine.

6. minidruid

minidruid New Member

BG botting is probably the safest way to bot with good profiles of course. Ive taken 5 toons (warrior, paladin, 2x warlock, rogue) 1-85 with battleground botting. Occasional questing and dungeons on the side so as not to raise suspicions. Not to mention the ~60k extra hks farmed on my mage and full pvp sets for all my max level toons. Easiest way i establish myself as a "real" player to others is occasionally say something in BG chat such as "call out incoming" or "go workshop". Never even had a single whisper regarding me botting in bgs, however using good profiles is probably the #1 thing to do.

7. rinleezwins

rinleezwins Member

If you use a healing spec in bg-bot, you will get banned in no time. Every time your to-heal target moves, the bot moves towards it to start casting. Looks really ridiculous :D.

8. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

First off if you look around you can fix the moving issues in healers, but yes I agree. I've botted maybe 100,000+ HK so far on 2 melee characters. ranged is so unbelieveably suspiciously stupid that I can't see how people say it is more realistic.

You should bot multiple chatacters with each other sometime and watch them move. With latency, client and server side added in your melee's don't look nearly as bad as everyone says. plus with Glue plugin you move SO much more realistic than any freaking ranged. I have yet to see a hunter/mage/warlock/shaman/priest cc work even remotely as human like as EZRet and EZFrost for example.

9. Tobben

Tobben New Member

Hey, trying to gear up my feral druid. But I need some help about BG botting.
      Now I use these plugins: Glue, ProfileHelper, Refreshment Detection.
      This CC: Fpsware druid.
      Im not sure if it is a pvp CC. Can someone tell me a good CC for feral druid pvp ? And what plugins I should use. Feel free to come with any kinds of BG botting tips :)

-Tobias

10. SpigotStyle

SpigotStyle New Member

Could you give some examples of where to look for fixing the moving issues for healers? I've been trying everything to get my druid to not look bottish at all but nothing seems to be working.

11. Technik

Technik New Member

ShamWoW healing is pretty damn good. Not sure of the other healing CC/Classes though.

12. Awol

Awol New Member

I leveled warrior, priest, dk in BGs from start to finish. The only class that looks excessively botty is Mage which I don't think there are any good PvP CCs for. I suspect all ranged dps have the same bot like look to them but I only know mage.

I leveled my priest as a Disc Healer without issue.

13. Ulbjorn

Ulbjorn New Member

I haven't done BG botting much out of fear. I did run my DK in SoTA for a little while. I would say it's dangerous if your gear isn't in range, you're CC isn't working correctly, or movement doesn't seem right. After hearing what others have said about leveling characters start to finish I'm more inclined to try this.

14. zerraek94

zerraek94 New Member

Uhm, it's kinda safe I guess. I have been doing it for a long time now

15. S_o_M

S_o_M Member

I read people starting to place picnic baskets in battlegrounds to find out who is a bot and then they will get kicked/banned. The problem is that the bot runs to the basket sits down, stands up moves forward on the mount , runs back and sits down again. Is this true? Isnt it safe anymore? Can anyone fix this?

16. DaSoul

DaSoul Well-Known Member

Seriously how often / long will such threads exist?

There is no:

- yes it is safe
      - no it is unsafe

it is both. It can run just 100% perfect without any problem or you can get feared /stuck whatever and the bot freaks out and you get reported.

There is only one question that everyone has to ask himself:

Do i care about losing that account?

- Yes -> don't bot.
      - No -> bot.

All the people asking "should i bot?" "can i do xyz without getting banned?" "is it safe to do bla bla bla" just DON'T bot if you care about the account. If you just don't care about it and get banned, well bad luck, get a new account and continue.

Nothing more, nothing less.

17. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

Tbh, as long as it continues to be like this.

Yes bg buddy improved , but it also got worse.

the moving is ridiculous now, since you see more bot trains then ever now in a bg.

so to answer the poll question, no i dont bot in bg no more.

And to answer your question, no i dont care about my account but using bg buddy is throwing

it out of the window from the 20th floor.

The amount of wispers i got in a bg where retarded, hi bot, i now what your doing / reported etc etc.

You SEE em now, so obvious, and it doesnt take a bot to spot a bot no more.

so yes, as long as this stays as childish as it is now, these threads will continue.

Inbefore, dont like it, dont use it, i do use it for other stuff and that suits my needs so im still a happy

customer.

18. Lakey

Lakey New Member

can somebody link me a good pvp bot please... i really want to get my first ever PVP set, im a DK if that makes any different towards to bot :)

19. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

Its called a CC and you find it in the forum by class / deathknight. USe one for pvp and the spec your in. Should be one there.

Select bgbuddy and Q up.

20. Bigbadwolf

Bigbadwolf New Member

get Ezfrost cc its imba for pvp