• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • BattleGround Botting --- How Safe Is It Really? ---

Discussion in 'Archives' started by 15outland, Jun 4, 2011.

?

Do You BattleGround Bot?

1. Yes I Do!

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No Way!

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. Xybets

Xybets New Member

Hello :)

What is the best PvP/Bg Bot for elemental shaman/enhancement ? :)

2. Greens

Greens New Member

I choose to operate healers aswell, sucessfully botting Priest/Sham/Druid to 85 by applying PvP healing on decent CTA weekends mixed with Arch from the week. (Sham went from 30-72 in one weekend by applying CTA)

3. marleym

marleym New Member

whats the best CC for Rogue PVP? also should i be using BG Beta or PvP profiles??

4. bennybulaa

bennybulaa New Member

I've farmed over 70k honor on 3 characters without any warning at all, running pvp mode and downloaded some CCs of the forums. Seems kinda safe tbh, I've only had 1 whisper that raged at me because I didn't made him any water:D

5. Maddogknox

Maddogknox New Member

What I did was BG bot in resto spec and then set the Mr.Honorcap plugin to buy the offset gear. Worked like a charm.

6. trespalding

trespalding New Member

Ran the BG Bot non stop from 63-80... no issues.

7. wjames613

wjames613 New Member

All the people who are having success with farming honor can you tell me your classes and CC's :)

8. Galv

Galv New Member

only issue I have is that on my mage, he runs around alot and some BG's i do very little damage compared to the rest of the BG. e.g average is 500k dmg and i do 70k ? lol but the mage cc's are very good for pvp they need a little attention both singular and fpsware

9. richarddoran

richarddoran New Member

ShamWow works great in pvp, i've only used it in ele or resto spec (resto is best)
      HazzPvpDruid works great for resto druids in pvp
      EZRet works great for ret paladins
      Cimmerian works great for Death Knights, I've tried Unholy and 2h Frost (cause I have zinrokh)
      the "Ultimate Paladin Healer" CC works really well for holy paladins, so much so that even undergeared, he's a tough cookie to take down. It does a lot of PVP stuff like fakecasting, to draw out stuns/silences etc, which helps it a LOT. Many PVP CCs can learn from how this CC works, it sets a benchmark for what is possible.

10. wjames613

wjames613 New Member

Awesome I'll have to try those out.

11. xvii

xvii New Member

Depends on what CC your using, back in the day when I wrote mut mut it was unprecedented for how realistic it made your play look. I spent a lot of time making it look like your character was very human.

All the way down to how it walked and pathed targeted and used its abilities. If you saw mut mut on the battle field I guarantee even to the most trained eye, you'd have never been able to tell it was a bot.

That being said, as long as your using the right CC it can be the safest way to bot. Or if your using a bad CC it can be the most unsafe way to bot.

12. amputations

amputations Active Member

Aye and please tell what CC's you are using and with what settings if you can.

13. marleym

marleym New Member

Fellow HBers,
      Last weekend it was TP CoA, and i ran my rogue pretty hard through it, it worked fine. I managed to get the COMPLETE visc set in 4 days (not 24/7 botting).

Anywho, this week its AB CoA, i try and run my warrior through it, using both FPSWARE and Gladiator CC's, and it doesnt seem to be charging in or initiating any fights. It just stands around.
      Does HB just not like warriors?

14. SoulSector

SoulSector Member

Honestly if you can stay on your bot most of the time I would put it on PvP bot with a good CC, melee classes seem to make it obvious, if your a healer you will turn out top 5 healer every time from both factions. You may get many whispers, so if you can reply to most of them it makes people think your not botting.

Although I have noticed it does not follow the group and just goes towards it's own flags on it's own. If anybody says why say you do your own thing and to stop trollin' simple! ;D

15. Lawa

Lawa New Member

Im running my warrior 24/7 in AB atm. Works like a charm as protection, you should give it a try. I dont use any special cc, just the standard one. :)

16. stevebythesea

stevebythesea New Member

I have run a healer to full 371 gear doing random BG.
      Working on three seperate ranged dps classes, again with random BG.

17. Altoids

Altoids New Member

Ok... I just finished reading the entire thread... and just have one question: While using BGbot, do we still need to get a plugin like Squire to get it to run with a group realistically, or does it handle that on it's own? I started with LazyRaider and have been using Combat Bot to run my Pally around. I started him as Ret using EzRet - Simple PVP CC and was doing good damage, admittedly more than I've done by hand. Last night I bought some +int 'scrub gear' (blues and greens + a couple of epics), total of 1404 resil and ran a test this morning - 1.3 mil healing! So I was pretty happy with that.

What I'd like to try is some auto-BG... letting it take over and run them while I was close by - at least at first. So... that's the reason I wanted to know if I should run BGBot by itself, or does it need Squire or other plug in to make it more effective? I'm using UPaCCBT: The BehaviourTree Ultimate Paladin Healer Custom Class for my Healadin of course.

Thanks!

18. Beans

Beans New Member

The only difference I noticed between BGBot and PVP options is BGBot will go after an objective (like the flags in AB). The rest seems the same. Time at location (hotspot) before moving to the next.

Openbot had good bg logic for crowds. It moved the bot to the hotspot closest to the highest concentration of people. That was epic imo... Maybe thats what HB is supposed to do and I just didnt notice.... I dont know.

19. Garn

Garn New Member

As long as you're watching it's just as safe as any other type of botting really.

I'm totally willing to let my bot quest all on it's own as well as gather, but pvp makes me really nervous. I wouldn't do it without keeping an eye on it. People get really angry in PvP and all it takes is one angry person reporting you whether they really think you're a bot or not and boom.

20. ripglider

ripglider New Member

I used to use Squire and it worked great. I'm not sure what all changed but it didn't do too great the last few times I tried. I run a Ret Pally, Hunter, Shadow Priest, Resto Druid, Lock, Frost DK and will be adding my Mage or Rogue this weekend. I have full 371 gear for atleast 1 spec for all the ones I mentioned. I run the Resto Druid the most often/most successfully. He's farmed almost 90k honor since the new season started. I am usually the top healer in every BG. I've seen him have almost 4mil heals in some BG's. I run BG Bot with the anti-afk plugin and Mr. HonorCap only. It does way better than when I used it with Squire. Your results may be different since it's a different class/CC. Watch it run a few by itself and see how it does.