• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Beta] Demonbuddy beta builds

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Nesox, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. lunitic99

lunitic99 New Member

This forum is more fun to read than actually playing the game :D

2. timnor

timnor Member

dont care thats it down atm, is there an update thread somewhere? would be easier to check than loading up d3

3. oneton

oneton New Member

This thread is very entertaining. But I don't understand why people not getting the problem here.

1. There was a patch and db needs some time to work it out.

2. But no communication from dev/staff members.

3. People started to wonder around and asking when the ETA/release is.

Just like someone else mentioned. A thread by dev/staff that contains updates on progress would solve everything.

I'm pretty sure most of people(even the ones asking for ETA/release) know that it needs time to get it work.

But not receiving any information/update makes them lose. And now the first respond/reply from staff member was to shut the fuck up.(atleast that's how I interpreted)

Well, whatever. *grabs popcorn*

4. hpark62

hpark62 New Member

To begin with, I'm confused of why people are so unhappy about this late release of BETA DB. Is it because developers are being silent about ETA? or is it that only some people have privilege of having access to BETA earlier than most people do?

Plus, I'm shocked to see this kind of attitude from operator, making me very disappointed with knowing 'who runs this amazing field of community'.
      I was also amazed that the program was actually opened to small number of people prior to any other people. I thought they were just rumors that they had an early access :\ + whoever has the privilege leaked the fact that they had an early access.
      It is all understandable that there was an update in the game, and you might need some time before releasing stable version of the program for users' sake of being safe. But at the same time, and by that I mean you are releasing early BETA version of the program for only small number of people, you are taking risk or, if not, you should have taken risk of all this so called "whining" from users.
      As for me, I was okay that there were some people who had an early access to DB BETA before everyone, because I personally think that it's a right thing to do since DB is a special kind of program that needs extra security. But hearing from administrator saying that he hate to hear whining from users? That he is so insolently ordering dear customers to shut up and be patient until we throw whatever we got? I mean, you are making money off from this, and if you have basic idea about investment, you should know what is 'increasing discount rate of an asset over time'. Meaning your value of asset reduces over time, and users are not okay with future use of DB, but they rather want it now. I mean now. That's how basic principle of demand works.

I think if you were planning to run a system like this, you should have told users earlier that how much estimated time will be consumed until the next update, or make a transparent progress of how things are working. Blaming users from whining about this is the next hand. I believe that all Diablo users as well as those of DB are all adults. We know things can go not so smoothly as there are so many uncertainties in the real world. I mean I myself don't even know what it takes to release another version of DB: after all, a lot of people in this forum are leechers who never give back anything (except for those who make active donation). So why don't you cool down, administrator, and be more transparent of all your work? Then I believe users will be willing to wait for new awesome features of latest DB.

5. sheely69

sheely69 Member

you should try patching the whole bot yourself, go on do it, I'd love to see you try, There are literally no bots to the scale of Db and offer the same support that Db does, so I don't see the problem, the game patched, the bot needs patching, and they don't want to release an update with a huge security breach or something that's why they have select testers.

6. Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey Community Developer

i just never saw this part of the forum so.... alive :D

7. eksaro

eksaro Member

Can everyone please stop posting? This post is for reporting issues and help give feedback on the beta releases. This discussion should be in another thread, or better not happend at all.

8. NoWayLol

NoWayLol New Member

Figured I'd just put my 2 cents. Realize that this is the first patch of a new expansion, and prior to that expansion the game didn't see shit for updates in months because there was nothing new going on.

Three things are very likely here:
      1) They are being extra thorough going through everything making sure Blizzard didn't hide security measures somewhere in there.
      2) The Devs may need to dust the code off a bit, they are probably looking at code they haven't really had to screw with for months now.
      3) They have been working on implementing more support for Adventure Mode, or other API aspects, and are trying to get that ready to push with the new update to match 2.0.4

One or all of those reasons could be why no ETA was put out, they might not even know the extent of it yet. Once we start getting frequent updates for Diablo again, I'm sure they will get back into full swing.

Just be patient, all in good time my friends. :)

9. Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey Community Developer

you prob will be banned or muted for those links

10. Oksehode

Oksehode Active Member

I never knew how addicted I had become of using the bot only after 8 days. I'm happy to wait for an update, but damn how slow the times goes when you're waiting for something. :)

Better spend some more time doing it right than rush it and something goes horrible wrong.

11. hpark62

hpark62 New Member

All taken well, and accepted. Inside my response if you have actually read my post. What makes you say that I should try patching the whole bot myself? I think I made myself clear that "We know things can go not so smoothly as there are so many uncertainties in the real world. I mean I myself don't even know what it takes to release another version of DB: after all, a lot of people in this forum are leechers who never give back anything "

Maybe my English wasn't clear enough, but I was asking for more clear explanation about what was going on, since it seems like users are getting impatient at the moment.

12. sheely69

sheely69 Member

Well it's pretty fucking obvious what's going on, the bot's down, it's getting patched, /thread.

13. hpark62

hpark62 New Member

lol man is losing temper. Is it wrong for people people wanting to communicate asking for more information?

14. superblik1

superblik1 New Member

I think tony should close this thread for all forum members and only tony, and the buddy developers can post changes or updates!

15. botheric

botheric Member

It might be because, every patch day it is the same questions asked over and over again -- while there is a read-me for it --- > http://www.thebuddyforum.com/demonbuddy-forum/demonbuddy-support/66076-official-d3-patch-day-db.html
      Although the version mentioned there is not correspondent to the one we are on now, there is a reason for it being stickied!

So

If D3 gets patched, hang on tight!

And find something else to pass the time with or read parts of the forum never read before -------> http://www.thebuddyforum.com/demonbuddy-forum/demonbuddy-support/66076-official-d3-patch-day-db.html

Happy patch day :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    16. r0sc0

r0sc0 New Member

You said it man!
      these guys work hard, if its taking time to release then there is a reason!!!! they dont want unhappy customers would you rather be banned because they missed a damn hidden change? because you lot were going ETA ETA ETA! STOP wait APPRECIATE!

17. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

i just removed well over 10 posts and gave 2 users mutes.

the next person who decides its funny to posts links to inappropriate sites will get a 3 month mute.

if you decide to quote their message you will also get a mute. since not only do i have to deal with the person who originally posted that garbage, but your posts as well as your quoting the dam links.

if you have a problem with someones posts, report the post in question. DO NOT report posts because you disagree with the person or whatever petty reason, ONLY if they are trolling, posting links to offensive stuff. or otherwise breaking a forum rule which by the way, you can take time and review http://www.thebuddyforum.com/buddy-bots/announcements/45-bosslandgmbh-forum-rules-guidelines.html

18. Glancey

Glancey New Member

It seems that you (and many others) are continuously missing the point.

Farlance is not complaining about the down time.

19. Violatio

Violatio New Member

Holy shit the first mod post we get is simply them bitching because some people are spamming the forum and deleting 10 posts is hard! All that time spent muting people when you could have just gave a 3 or 4 sentence update and 90% of the trolls would have gone away on their own.

20. jotd

jotd Member

Helo I am man from russia. I need bot to fed kid and wife, why no work?
      Pleas help we starving.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.