• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Beta Testers Needed for new Custom Class FightThisWay

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Kamilche, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

OK, the product is out, you all have private messages containing a link to the custom class.

Sorry it took longer than I said, zeldrak - I wanted to give all the classes one last spin, to ensure everything still worked after the MOP patch. Some of those data files haven't gotten a lot of testing, because they're not my favorite characters, and I just needed to make sure they didn't just sit there and drool.

We're good to go! We have 19 people total beta testing.

Let me know how it goes! I'll come back to this thread tomorrow evening to check for bugs and get feedback. (I have to work during the day, and can only do this stuff at night, which is part of the reason this has been going slowly.)

2. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Oh hey man, no worries. I just thought maybe you forgot and went to bed, lol. I could have easily waited until tomorrow when I got home, or whenever you sent it out. I appreciate the link, and I'll check it out as soon as I get home tomorrow afternoon from my doctor's appointment.

3. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

A couple of startup tips:

• Feel free to pass the link to friends that are interested in it. It's not secret or anything, I'm just interested in limiting the pool of people I get feedback from to a manageable level until it's done. So don't post the link to it in a public forum yet.
      • Startup tip - turn your scrolllock key off. Only when you're familiar with the custom class, and want to give it a whirl in dungeons, should you turn it on. Notice how you can't force your way in there and do movement while it's running - when FTW has control, it has it good! The only way to 'horn in' and make him turn around or target other stuff while in a party, is turning the scroll lock key on.
      • The tank classes were stress tested, by making sure the bot could single-handedly kill the first pack of mobs in Deepholm (with Millhouse Manastorm). They all passed. None of the DPS classes did. When working up a tank class, I can recommend that fight as an acid test.
      • If you want to see all the HonorBuddy text in the WoW client in addition to the HonorBuddy window, create a third window in WoW by right-clicking on the 'General' tab, and choosing 'Create New Window.' Everything that displays in the HonorBuddy window, will now be displayed in WoW, in that third window. VERY handy!
      • Here's a tech quiz! What do you do, to get FTW ignore singletons, and only pull packs of 3 or more mobs? Hint - it's something in the data file. Will require coding skill to complete! Hint extra bonus round - yes, it's a hack, and needs to be integrated more smoothly.

Talk to you tomorrow night!

4. Zeven

Zeven Member

I'd like to test please & Thank you :)

5. shakes91

shakes91 New Member

this sounds amazing, would love to test this on all my toons (Every class)

6. Draxmo

Draxmo New Member

Id love to give it a try, sounds great !

7. joeverton

joeverton New Member

Hi,

Lvel 90 Prot/Arms here ready to test and report back with full logs /suggestions ets as needed , please pm if you need any help developing this

Joeverton

8. Zelfin

Zelfin New Member

No shaman support? I may have missed it.

9. biervertrieb

biervertrieb New Member

Hello! Lvl 90 monk mistweaver and windwalker here.
      would like to help you out with feedback.
      I am not familiar with C# but I have had some codeing experience.

10. Karil2

Karil2 New Member

I would also like to test this please

11. ene80

ene80 Member

Lock Demo/Affli, ready to test, if you need.

12. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Well, the number of people wanting to test is climbing uncomfortably high. If I post the link, I won't be able to respond individually.

Here's the link, but it comes with some caveats:

1. I WILL read all bug reports.
      2. I WILL mention what was fixed when updating the file, so you can check that against your list of bugs, to know whether or not it was fixed.
      3. I MIGHT NOT answer everyone individually on bug reports. If I don't answer you, it could be because it's already been submitted - check the bug fix list.
      4. I don't consider changes to rotations to be a bug fix. I know many of you out there are more expert than me at some of these classes. If the general consensus is OMG, DON'T OPEN WITH THAT AOE!, I will change the data file to reflect that, and list it under 'Class Enhancements.'
      5. Click this link if you have read the above terms and agree to them: FTW

Every time you change characters or specs, you should stop and restart HonorBuddy, otherwise their internal SpellManager stops working. (HonorBuddy devs, can you reload the SpellManager spells when the spec or character changes? That'd be swell, and prevent us from having to do this.)

A message will display if your character is not supported. Currently, the following classes are not implemented - they may cast one spell, or perhaps just autoattack:

• Warrior
      • Priest
      • Shaman
      • Monk (brewmaster, mistweaver)

If you are an expert in any of those class/spec combos, I would appreciate it if you could work up a data file for that class and post it. I'd be happy to help you with any problems that may arise, or questions you have, while making it. Look at the existing data files for other classes, for general guidelines on what is required.

13. Gatherit

Gatherit New Member Buddy Store Developer

When servers come up I will be all over this. Thanks so much. Oh and bump!

14. Gatherit

Gatherit New Member Buddy Store Developer

Working very well as a Balance druid. Using it to grind from 87-90. The flexibility is awesome. Also Kamilche your inbox is full :)

15. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Thanks for telling me that, will go clear it out now.

16. Delan12913

Delan12913 Member

I think you should look at your guradian druid cc again, pops all cooldowns, does no dps ability, goes out of bear form to use rejuv. . this doesn't make for a good cc

17. Venus112

Venus112 New Member

Wow.. Gr8 feedback..
      It's a beta, don't expect it to be flawless and cut that negative attitude

18. mfx

mfx New Member

More then happy to help out with Warrior testing, and rotation tweaking. Currently main spec Fury DPS in a US top 100 guild, and been tanking for years on and off as MT.

19. Kowpye

Kowpye Member

excited what you can bring to the warrior table MFX --- i would love to find a good warrior CC!

20. Cocaine

Cocaine Banned

I can test all specs on my Paladin I'm leveling.