• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Beta Testers Needed for new Custom Class FightThisWay

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Kamilche, Oct 1, 2012.

1. s.s.tripwire

s.s.tripwire New Member

So, one thing I will say is that this might get you in trouble down the line Detection-wise.

In the past a popular Archaeology bot did sort of the same thing. It would chatter with others as a way to detect/save dig-sites, and while this wasnt something broadcasted to the general populace the Game Master chat searches could see it.

To address the problem, the Game Masters just searched a certain timeframe on all realms and banned all characters found with the chatter. Bot was later updated to not use in-game chat.

Just fyi :)

2. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

I get it - but this isn't chat, it's using the 3rd window as an output medium. It's sending no chat - it's just printing to the 3rd window. Check the code, you'll see. It's in the 'log' routine.

I've been using this for about 6 months, with no problems.

3. s.s.tripwire

s.s.tripwire New Member

Thats fine, im not saying it will get you caught one way or another :p im simply trying to pass on my experience.

I can tell you with 100% certainty though that if chat is inputted to the games chat windows in any way, searches run on the Game Masters side can bring it up. That may not be what is happening in this case, I just wanted to pass that info along :)

Working on a super basic resto profile for my shammy btw :p might need some help later on, but ill run it and keep fleshing it out as I go!

Thanks again, Kamilche!

4. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Yeah, I know how dangerous that is. There is nothing to stop them from logging every line that's said, in whispers, room chat, general chat, etc. Everyone has gotta assume their words will be heard, and recorded for posterity.

I'm looking forward to seeing your resto profile for your shammy! Look at the classes for the resto druid and the resto paladin, for hints - basically, you usually code against 'tank' or 'heal' instead of 'me' or 'target'. If you have spare CPU cycles, you could cast an offensive spell - for an example of this, see where 'Wrath' is in the Resto file. way towards the bottom.

A subtle bit - when you're in a party, 'tank' means the tank. When out of party, 'tank' means you. So - keep in mind that the 'tank.cast' stuff you code, will be cast on you, out of party. The really important heals go there, at the top.

5. s.s.tripwire

s.s.tripwire New Member

Yea, I have been using the resto drood and rogue txt files as examples on building mine. With my work im sure ill take a while to finish up, but when I flesh one out ill be sure to post it up here!

6. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Hah! I feel like an idiot now. I got my locks mixed up, lol. I was bashing NUM lock, not scroll lock. Going to have to make scroll lock more visible on my keyboard now, haha. I'll give that a try this time around. XD NUM lock won't really do much of anything for me.

7. s.s.tripwire

s.s.tripwire New Member

Hmm, cant get Flametongue Weapon to work with my profile >.< Had something like this under the combat buff section

Flametounge Weapon
      Me.HasAura("Flametongue Weapon") = 0

And it just repeatedly casts flametounge weapon. Any ideas on how to fix that?

8. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Yeah, it's kinda subtle. I put it there so I can keep HB in the background.

I personally use HB a lot because I have tendonitis from too many years of computer programming. It's a lot of stress on the fingers and wrist, to work the rotation, and HB makes it easier on me. Of course that won't keep me from getting banned if Blizzard finds out, but in that regard, Honorbuddy is doing the community a service.

9. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

New version ready

A new version of FTW is available, with bug fixes for all the bugs you guys reported today.

The changes are listed in 'Change Log.txt' in the download, link available on the first page of this post.

Code:
      10/02/2012
      	Enhanced classes:
      		Druid Moonkin
      			added 'Starfall'
      			made 'Starsurge' cast only when 'Shooting Stars' procs
      		Druid Feral/Guardian
      			Fixed stance bug - feral now defaults to cat, guardian to bear.
      			Added 'autoattack' on pull so low levels will attack.
      		Monk Brewmaster
      			Got many changes today - spiffed up to a level 60 fighting style.
      		Monk Mistweaver
      			Now matches Monk_Talentless instead of Mage_Talentless (still unimplemented)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    10. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Have you had a chance to test it yet, Olivete? Are you experiencing any problems with it so far?

11. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

And yes - this is a professional computer programmer hounding a user for feedback. ^^^

Because in real life business programming, the priorities are different - the USERS hold the upper hand, and the programmers are there to satisfy them. :D Just in case you hadn't seen something like that before, and was wondering what was up. :p

12. Hoof

Hoof Member

I try the Holy Pally one later today. Is it a lot better than singulars one?

13. recyclez

recyclez New Member

Very Promissing idd..will have a go to this CC

14. x11r6

x11r6 New Member

Kamilche, great idea! But i'm concerned about one thing: how many FPS will be required to get a smooth rotation? Currently you can easily bot with just 20-25 fps while using behaviour tree based classes.

15. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

I haven't found any problems botting with a slow framerate. Since the Pandaria patch, if I yank the graphic quality up to maximum on my PC, WoW slows down to about 15 fps - but HonorBuddy with FTW keeps working. I have to be selective, and turn certain graphic settings down (usually shadows and water), to get my 60 FPS back. But in either case, FTW works.

16. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

I'm liking it so far. It runs pretty smoothly. This is the original version. I still have to get the updated version. Aside from the dunce move I pulled, and was using Num lock instead of Scroll lock, it seems fine. Will add more later when I give it a super spin in dungeons.

17. ViscoDisco

ViscoDisco New Member

Your mage CC doesn't work very good. I'm frost and it sits there trying to conjure refreshments over and over when I already have max,
      It tries to cast flamestrike but doesn't 90% of the time.
      But the combat is perf other then flamestrike.

Fix the refreshment and flamestrike then I'd say its smooth.

18. aaranx

aaranx New Member

If you still need someone shoot me a pm i would love to help you out :)

19. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

I'd love to hear about the refreshment bug in more detail. Are you level 85, or higher? I heard something about higher level mage food, and yeah... it might loop if there is food I don't know about. My mage is 85 now. What's the name of the higher level food?

20. HerpinDerpin

HerpinDerpin New Member