• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [BGBot] Gettin' some lovin'. Post your issues here so I can get them fixed.

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Apoc, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Altoids

Altoids New Member

That's not possible yet... Apoc said that in BgBot2 that it should join as a group if you're in a group when you start it... but that's still in development... hopefully will be released soon.

2. peanutbird

peanutbird New Member

I?d like to see a preliminary release of the update too, but until then you can try to edit your /Default Profiles/AlteracValley.xml (I think ? writing this from my other computer so I can?t check) to manually change the coordinates so your own bot doesn?t share the same hotspots with all other BGBots.
      Looks a lot less suspicious when you stand some 30+ yds away from everyone else, although the bot will still mount and move at the same time as all the other bots of course.

3. vitalic

vitalic Banned

how challenging would it be to add support for tol barad? it would need to queue for tol barad when available and stop queuing for randoms while in TB. this would massively increase honor per hour

4. ArmyDr

ArmyDr New Member

My guy does a lot of random dismounting and remounting... if this could be removed in the next BG Bot, that would be great

5. DaSoul

DaSoul Well-Known Member

I think the most important thing is, that the bot reacts based on situations in the battleground. That means that he doesn't run in enemy bases over and over and just gets killed. That's just stupid no human player would act like that.

Next thing is movement, randomly jump, strafe arround enemy and such things make combat look much more human like.

The worst thing a bot can do is, if an enemy is not in range is do the following step forward -- try to cast - step forward - try to cast - step forward and so on...that looks 10000% botlike same for running left right left right left right in EotS at the beginning.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    6. smiie

smiie New Member

Combat movement is handled by your cc I believe.

7. ArmyDr

ArmyDr New Member

What DaSoul is talking about is not handle by the CC. The Bg Bot determines where the player will ultimately go, i.e. into huge packs of the opposing faction, over and over.

Although the Squire plugin doesn't seem to be functioning perfect atm, the concept would be the same. Determine the area of most concentrated teammates and go there.

8. ambrose

ambrose New Member

been a week since any progress updates. just curious if there were any updates :D

9. DaSoul

DaSoul Well-Known Member

Yes something like this or a detection for example in alterac valley "xyz has been attacked / defended" bot recognizes that and runs there or avoids the area.
      You get a lot of messages of things that happened in the battleground. Would be nice if the bot would choose what to do based on whats going on and not just simply following his route.

Or for example in arathi basin, bot runs to point x, detects there is an enemy trying to tap a flag and he reports like "<playername> tries to tap need help" and this just randomly sometimes..not like mass spaming but just that others in the bg think you are a human just reporting for help.

10. roscoe123

roscoe123 New Member

Couldn't ask for anything but group BG queue for HB <3

11. Altoids

Altoids New Member

I keep checking the thread hoping that there'd be some update or a test build for us to try out... I have two melee and one healer (who is also one of the melee) that I would love to try it out on. My huntard isn't up to snuff for testing it yet cause I don't know of any hunter CC that would work. I think that the only hunter pvp is EzMarks and that's made for LazyRaider. So for how, I would just be testing with a DK, Ret Pally and Holy Pally.

*Is it ready yet?*
      *Is it ready yet?*
      *Is it ready yet?*
      *Is it ready yet?*

lol

PS. Don't mind me... not trying to rush anything... just drooling at the descriptions I've read so far. :)

12. Boomboom

Boomboom Member

Hey Apoc..

ill gladly help you test out the new Bgbot , ill test it intence!

13. j0achim

j0achim New Member

Would be super if we could set weight of POI's our self. Even better if we could also have access to setting the weight on the POI's on the fly, with a plugin that could on certian events update the weight, this would also open posibility to have a plugin read chat / tells, "green gate", "rush", "wait here" and so on.

Example: Alterac Valley weekend, duing CTA flags in AV are no priority because noone farms AV for kills but for Towers and Boss for both honor and xp.

Oh and as mentioned a few times already, making bot rush at start. It's pretty often you get tells during the start of a round because the bot finds out that it wants to idle, both at base and near the starting area.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    14. 1990camaro

1990camaro New Member

Is it just me or since the last server restart the BG Bot [Beta] movement is bugged?

15. eribos

eribos New Member

I can't open the plugins tab. I click the button in the bot, but nothing happens. It attempts to open the plugins window but nothing appears. This just started today/last night. Thanks

16. shizzled12

shizzled12 New Member

How about this,

In this example I pick the easiest BG to explain my idea, AB.
      As you know in chats people often give direction for good play, in AB this is simply : inc (gm,lm,bs,farm,stables)
      Now why dont you develop something that sniffs the chat, like buddycenter sents you whispers and such to your phone, and reacts to it by loading the path to that location. It should not be that hard, as pirox for example could log off when a
      GM whispered you.

I have no idea if this is possible, but if its possible, then this is my 2cents.

17. no1knowsy

no1knowsy Well-Known Member

Yes it is possible.

Not as simple as log off on a whisper event, but still.

I do believe someone suggested this also :)

18. ambrose

ambrose New Member

problem with sniffing chat is that it makes it easy to detect botters if ppl know this is how they work. all someone has to do is pull a 'prank' and everyone gets to watch your toon take off in the bot direction.

19. Irate Iguana

Irate Iguana New Member

WSG likes to run straight into the mountain after rezzing (alliance), stand infront of the graveyard after rezzing (again alliance), and flip out like he took a hit of LSD when attempting to target sometimes.

20. wowsoap

wowsoap New Member

I had this problem for awhile, I am alliance, and when I die, then walk back down, the bot walks into this corner as the image shows:

View attachment 31340
      (It stays here, never moves again. People think I am afk)

Also in the Navigation tab in Honorbuddy, it says

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.