• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Bitcoin mining dangerous?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Forum' started by Samm3, Feb 26, 2012.

1. MrB

MrB Member

There was a news report here in the UK the other day about a guy who was searching a landfill site for a hard drive. He'd had a load of bitcoins on there that were worth over ?4m from ages ago. He got into it a while back and bought a load cheap, then forgot about them assuming that bitcoins were worthless. Then he found out they were worth over $1000 per coin.

BBC News - James Howells searches for hard drive with ?4m-worth of bitcoins stored

Apart from here, the only other places I've seen them being of any use are to pay for goods that you can't pay for by legitimate means. I guess there's more to it than the dark web, but it seems the most common place for them.

2. felipeclement

felipeclement New Member

I?ve been mining bitcoins for almost 5months now. Ever since, I got the chance to produce bitcoin through pooling system. For me, this is better investment than nothing at all.

3. david.vt72

david.vt72 New Member

no risk, a'm using ubuntu linux white 6 x R9 290x // a'm doing Exil coins super fun !!

4. mnaegehsaoum

mnaegehsaoum New Member

Bitcoin is vulnerable to hacking and theft. It can be stolen or lost, but it is your sole responsibility if that happens and you cannot blame the system for that.

5. ihatesilicon

ihatesilicon New Member

Its not dangerous but risky investment for few reasons like its price is volatile people not sure from now where its price would go. Secondly more than 50% bitcoins earned through mining and from bitcoin wallets are stolen by hackers. This makes bitcoin a little risky one. Not to forget many believe mining itself is waste of computing power, efforts and there are many who would rather prefer to invest in pre mined digital currencies like XRP or XNF-NoFiatCoin which are more secure.

6. reymarkperry

reymarkperry New Member