• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Blizzard claims to see Honorbuddy on my computer?

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by rowman598, Oct 9, 2014.

1. mnime

mnime New Member

Very funny that people here deny what you say but has no proof for it.
      They say Blizzard don't scan your computer anymore, they USED to do it but not now, where's your proof?
      They say it's illegal to do that, where's your proof? many many companies sued blizzard but couldn't get anywhere, which one exactly prevented blizz to scan customers pc?
      They say this community won't exist if blizz do that, still look at the Ban Section, more and more everyday, if they don't scan then tell me how they realize you're botting? with proof, not some stupid ideas that you made up yourself.

2. gunsandunicorns

gunsandunicorns New Member

Would love to know that too.

3. Lockets

Lockets New Member

Like I said before, I'm making no comment of if they do/do not scan our computers.

However, scanning is something we all agree to when we make a bnet account and they would be able to legally do. You're letting them when you use their bnet account, you can cancel this agreement in writing anytime if you don't like it (but you wont any longer be able to use their services). Many companies track what you do, in even more detail.

A good example is the Windows 10 beta that currently: "Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.". If it's as illegal as people on this thread are telling you then I doubt just about every large company would be able to get away with it.

I'm new to these forums and cheating in general, not making any comment on how Blizzard catches us, just point out that spying on us is something they *could* do. Only Blizzard and maybe the dice gods know for sure anyway. :)

4. jordi1104

jordi1104 New Member

If they were scanning you'd be seeing mass bans because they want to discourage people using honorbuddy and other bots.

5. mnime

mnime New Member

Still you have no proof, if they are not scanning how do they realize you're using bots? Because HB is acting really human-like and even if the GM is a master botter to find out someone is botting from the toon's behavior, he's going to guess wrong 50% of the time. I said 50 because sometimes it's obvious and anyone can find out botters, but sometimes it's just a guess.
      You can test it, use HB for like 3 hours a day and do nothing, just Start it with a class routine and stay in orgrimmar, then ask someone to report you. Tell me if there's any way they can realize you're botting except looking at your logs :)
      The guy who made this topic said the exact thing too, he said he just used it to prospect and he got banned.