• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Blizzard New Reporting System

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Insomniac212, Apr 17, 2012.

1. minidruid

minidruid New Member

Assume i take your word for it, whats the time span for the 42 reports? 1 day, 1 week, a month, are you able to expand on what you said at all?

2. MadDog

MadDog Well-Known Member

Link to source?

3. pbateman112

pbateman112 New Member

Can't elaborate much past the number itself. The timeframe for a "reset" in reports was unknown at the time of asking to my friendly insider as he is not on the CS side of the fence.

4. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

this exactly, no need for a source, this is what im thinking all along.

nothing changes, yes it makes it easier to report, but they will get shitloads of tickets.

you really think they can handle the amount, or. wait. do they think they wont be flooded...

and in return, will handle em all.. no way, this is to show the QQ ers on the forum that they are fighting it

so they dont lose subs. a smoke bomb, nothing more.

just bot smart, as you always should do, no need to hit the panic button all of a sudden.

5. greaterdeath

greaterdeath New Member

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

6. Emu

Emu New Member

Oh dear, I left instance buddy on today :| I will not be home for another 2 hours haha.

7. Ulbjorn

Ulbjorn New Member

But I love BG bot :(

8. yt0k

yt0k New Member

You still have to type detailed information such as a time frame, location, and what the person is doing.

9. ZATO187

ZATO187 New Member

so all thats gonna happen is in random bg's bads will report people with most kb's an people on the winning team who preformed well any good pvper should be used to this by now i get lvl 1 whispering me all the time on my handplayed pvp account only people who will be effected are lazy people using public mine herb profiles but itd dare say thats working as intended

10. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

heres the thing, if someone is going to report you, they are going to do it. a new way for people to report you isnt going to make it them stop. as long as you stay diligent, and bot smart, you shouldn't have any problems, but if your running the same public mining route and have ninja nodes on, of course your going to piss someone off, and your going to get reported.

just think about what your doing and bot smart. then you have nothing to worry about.

11. no1knowsy

no1knowsy Well-Known Member

12. primo

primo New Member

13. gippy

gippy Member

Couldnt give two monkeys about it tbh, imo it'll either be spammed to death with false reports on terrible players (bg wise)or it'll be the report spam system with another option to report that actually does nothing.

also you can report a player instantly for foul language, imagine the workload they'll have from random reports now?

as someone said before you'd have to be pretty angry to write up a ticket and keep it open, if someone reports someone else just for the word 'retard' everytime then they'll have mountains of tickets

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    14. HB3717X64

HB3717X64 New Member

Don't think this changes all that much. I would not want any account of mine to be thought of as a bot now, but I didn't want them to before either. I suppose the only ones who this may cause some concern for are the ones that bot recklessly and rely on people's inertia to not get reported.

As some others have said, this may be more for show, and it may lead to blizzard being swamped with reports.

15. ScroTeeUs

ScroTeeUs New Member

This increased YOUR chance of getting banned. A group of people and myself were given 72 hour bans for reporting our FC as afk in a BG so one of us could get the Wrecking Ball achieve. If you report players, for any reason other than something legit your account can get suspended/banned. Clogging their reports will not fix the problem, it will only expose you.

16. moses_power

moses_power New Member

I think Blizzards intensions were good, but people will abuse this new feature by spam reporting players when things don't go their way.
      And most bgs are full of botters anyway, the reporters will be a minority.

Good luck everyone, bot smart.

17. WileE91

WileE91 Member

Word.
      This feature is going to be soooo abused.

18. barkong

barkong New Member

The real danger comes from actual botters that want to be a douche to report fellow botters. I know i can pretty much tell a botter from a real person, just cause i've watched my bot a few times before going afk. This makes it easier to report botters, i'm a bit worried with some of my classes with have crappy pvp ccs.

19. botosan

botosan New Member

as far as bgbotting which i do almost 24/7...get rid of "moving towards biggest friendly pack"...if your group is turtling, it only exposes you that much more. biggest fight is still ok cause most noobs want to fight in a bg.

20. knilxe

knilxe New Member

The only time I could see this system being "more effective" at finding bots is during Battlegrounds where you are exposed to many more players and the bot still needs to work out a bit of PvP kinks. Other than that this new feature shouldn't change much, you could always report a player before, you just had to go through the ticket system.