• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Bot] PoolFishingBuddy - BetaTest

Discussion in 'Archives' started by LiquidAtoR, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. DalordUrgod

DalordUrgod New Member

Iggi The bot runs great!! I would suggest having him change weapons only when attacked so look less bot like ( I don?t know if you need to do it this way because CC takes over in combat though) also... skinning: My knowledge of HB is limited but I?m a fast Lerner so if someone was to point me in the right direction I would be willing to try my hand at making a skinning plug-in and that would definitely shut me the hell up with all the whining and begging on the subject :D

2. anything

anything Member

Im new to hb and profile writing, but I just wanted to suggest perhaps some sort of never used sub profile of hotspots that have user defined locations near each pool, so we can help it out to find spots to fish from. bot finds a close hotspot within this subprofile (that it will blindly trust) before it tries to automatically find a location itself.
      this way i'd have an immediate solution to the "No valid points returned by RayCast" i -always- get at X="-9479.941" Y="-1103.905" Z="101.292" and X="-9457.662" Y="-1156.091" Z="98.43295" in uldum.

the issue tracker on your google site seems broken, probably for best with the many repeated problem reports here ;)

3. iggi66

iggi66 New Member

Swapping weapons after each pool doesn't look that much like a bot for me. It's not needed because of the CC's. You don't need to make a plugin, I'll add skinning in one of the next releases.

If you are getting "No valid points returned by RayCast" in Uldum it's most likely because of the max. cast range. Just try to increase it. Subprofiles will be used for fishing in more then one area in the future. I'm planing to support more profile tags soon, to make conditions for switching to other subprofiles. The latest build is creating a global "bad locations" file which is located inside the settings folder and will store any locations which had been bad, so the bot will skip these locations while calculating. It will fasten the process of calculating and calculations should return only "good locations" after a while of running profiles.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    4. anything

anything Member

thanks iggi66 ill give it a go

5. DalordUrgod

DalordUrgod New Member

You Da Man!!! Thanks Iggi

6. koalemos2

koalemos2 New Member

[​IMG]
      Just thought I'd let you know what we got tonight thanks to this.

7. iggi66

iggi66 New Member

You are welcome!

Congrats! Hopefully you kept some mats for the recipe while farming for this achievement ;D

8. fossilburner

fossilburner Member

Average catches/h: 103
      ---------------- Loots: ----------------
      38x [Nettlefish]
      35x [Pygmy Suckerfish]
      2x [Reinforced Crate]
      2x [Crystallized Water]
      1x [Sea Turtle]
      ---------------------------------------------
      12:16:02 PM Farm-Mode: Runtime: 0h 24m 53s.
      12:16:02 PM Farm-Mode: Pool Fisher stopped!

lol..wow

9. koalemos2

koalemos2 New Member

Now that's pure luck. You need to pick me some lottery numbers.

10. koalemos2

koalemos2 New Member

I think it binds when you get it.

11. Nook

Nook New Member

Hi there...maybe im doing something wrong, but everytime i want to use poolfishingbuddy my buddy crashes. All other bots are working well, so dont know...

I installed it like in the description, load a uldum profile, made the bot settings and start....and the whole buddy crashes with no respons...

maybe u can help, i installed poolfisher 1.2.1

12. iggi66

iggi66 New Member

Did you try to install HB and PFB into a new folder?

Even if PFB is crashing, there might a logfile inside the logs folder. Please look for it and post it here.

13. Nook

Nook New Member

I did choose a 2 hand as off hand.

I fixed it, now it works

thank u anyway

14. iggi66

iggi66 New Member

Alright. I need to expand the checks for weapons/offhands which are shown up in the combo box, but it's kinda hard because I have to check classes and speccs aswell.

15. rafiki

rafiki Member

I am having a bit of trouble with this as well, I set it up and all, I have it using my Fishing Pole and 2H weapon, it switches between them fine, it flies to each fishing pool without problems. The only issue, is when it actually gets to that pool, it sits there, waits, does nothing and eventually blacklists and flies away, to do the same to another pool. The pools are all fishable because when I manually did it, I was able to fish the whole pool without a problem. I don't know what the issue is here, but its quite annoying.

Edit: Also, it doesn't apply the lure from my fishing hat.

Edit: It also only goes in a small circle in the far east side of Uldum, despite using the coast profile. Even doing this, it doesn't even find a "spot" fish from, even though its using Elixir of Water Walking everytime it casts.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    16. anything

anything Member

hey iggi, its been working great
      i ended up decreasing the min distance, increasing the max distance, and increasing the number of tries (because of the distances) but I still rarely get a ray cast problems when it doesnt realize it can fish while standing in the shallow water. it already fishes from shallow water elsewhere, so I assume you just need a tweak on how deep it can go.
      ive also got water walking, but it seems to ignore that. fishing + waterwalking seems buggy anyway, i fall through often. so I probably wouldnt bother with it.

ive noticed when it flys in to fish from a spot i can tell its targeted a specific spot, usually right on the edge of something, but it ends up short or too far usually by less than 1 foot and ends up falling down into the water instead. often it sits there swimming just under the surface (because of the fall) and doesnt know what to do, and i have to intervene or die from drowning. seems exaggerated by the fact that it flys down instead of dismounting and falling (probably for safety?), so sometimes while its holding the down key my mounted char slides down a slight ramp that it wouldn't have done if it fell, and ends up in the water too. but, this seems to only happen if it misses the target like i mentioned.

i noticed a bug with the bounce mode, after fishing a pool it seems to forget which way it was going. seems like a 50/50 chance of returning the direction you just came from, often finding another pool, then backtracking again. because of this i think 'i' fished two pools that constantly respawned back and forward for a good hour, great for lots of fish, but it doesnt really look natural.

another suggestion, that might be too much effort for the result. would be to ban pools that disappear more than once after landing. usually because of phasing, or bugged pools or something. this is especially evident in uldum, but ive also seen it in twilight highlands and in deepholm. obviously it may just be normal wow stuff that made it disappear so one might have to detect if we've returned to the pool several times and if it happened every time, then ban it. the alternative of course, is for me to blacklist the location in my profile.

thanks for all your effort into this bot.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    17. iggi66

iggi66 New Member

I think this happens because luring isn't supported any more. Please go to your settings.xml and set luring to false. Reviewing the code for water walking is already on my todo list since the dismount behavior was changed.

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I will look into the issues you experienced as soon as possible.

18. john88

john88 New Member

Sorry for the late reply, I have tried on my hunter, mage, and paladin- all the same. None of em Fly to the entrance > dismount > mount groundmount > move to trainer. They just fly into Valiance Keep, and hover over the trainer tent.

One other thing I noticed, when going to bot settings it does not recognize my Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole, so I have use a regular fishing pole. I tried clickin refresh numerous times and restarting bot- only noticed this on my mage though.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    19. DalordUrgod

DalordUrgod New Member

Equip the pole start the bot then scan (it worked for me)

Iggi
      I dont know if you remember my posting that i got a toon from 1 to 525 fishing with 100% glassfin pools but no turtle...... well i was fishing for eels and hit the10,000 fish achivement on the dam turtle LOL Thanks again for a great bot :)

20. iggi66

iggi66 New Member

I need the name of the trainer. Detecting weapons and poles should be working much better with my next build.

Finally! You are welcome ;)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.