• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Bot] Prosto_Pets: Battle Pets 4 in 1, and more

Discussion in 'Botbases' started by Prostak, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Studio60

Studio60 Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Not sure if this is by choice. PetTacticsBase.cs provides buff(), buffLeft() and debuff(). MyPets.cs also provides debuffLeft() but it has not been added to the PetTacticsBase.cs

PetTacticsBase:55ff
      Code:
              // is "spell" aura on our team or on our active pet?
              public static bool buff(string spell) { return MyPets.buff(spell); }
              // number of turns left for such an aura (-1 if the aura is absent)
              public static int buffLeft(string spell) { return MyPets.buffLeft(spell); }
              // is "spell" aura is on the enemy team or on the enemy active pet?
              public static bool debuff(string spell) { return MyPets.debuff(spell); }
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]        // number of turns left for such an aura (-1 if the aura is absent)
              public static int debuffLeft(string spell) { return MyPets.debuffLeft(spell); }[/COLOR]

2. Prostak

Prostak Member

And also this one, from your code:
      setTeamPet("Slot1", "Scourged Whelpling", "Tail Sweep", "Death and Decay", "Plagued Blood");
      setTeamPet("Slot2", "Rapana Whelk", "Absorb", "Shell Shield", "Dive");

The exact fighters are player-dependent.

"Profile" does not mean 'XML" necessarily. Questing BB allows to have RunCode parts in C#, which can be pretty big and without the need for escape-charactering. If I may reference my own work, (now retired): https://www.thebuddyforum.com/honor...iles/farming/191666-garrison-chores-mine.html - there is a big part written in C#. ProfessionBuddy also allows C# inside it's profiles (PB even allows creation of boolean functions - failed to do the same in QB). BotBase is compiling this code and loading the resulting dll at run-time. Seems an interesting thing to play with.

Not me (have to create) - him, the user! Lol.

Iterating through available team setups (to find the one a player has) seems also a nice idea. I'll think about it.
      Pro centralizing: Most people will not create their own tactics/profiles based on the pets they have. They'd rather collect pets needed for available tactics, than vice versa. At least that's what I am doing myself ;).
      Contra centralizing. Flexibility and Support. Distributing the work. I hope one day the BB will be stable. Fighting bosses on the other hand probably would never be...
      My gut feeling so far is for the separation. But we'll see.

3. HyperMonkey

HyperMonkey Member

4. Studio60

Okay, that makes perfect sense. Of course there is custom behaviour C#. I just completely forgot about that, because I have not dabbled in profile creation for more than half an hour even though I took a look at Kick's profiles. :)

Does Presto_Pets inherit from any botbase? I'm already in bed, so I can't check the source. :p

And about the tactics: As you can imagine... I'd love to get my hands dirty on boss tactics.

5. Studio60

The thought didn't even cross my mind. Of course I can do that and it will probably make the whole workflow a lot easier.

I'll just blame the fact that I am currently moving and living out of boxes so my brain is probably already packed. :) Thank you for that wakeup call.

6. Prostak

Prostak Member

Added to 0.9.13.

7. Prostak

Prostak Member

Just from vanilla Botbase. Does it makes sense to inherit from something else?

8. Studio60

I don't know as I have not yet dug that deep into HB. I just noticed that more and more profiles on the forums use QB for whatever they are trying to do, from simple grinding to elaborate questing. So I figured QB is probably pretty advanced when it comes to its xml capabilities and with Presto_Pets profiles doing mostly things like flying around and solving daily quests it seemed to fit. But I don't have any real arguments for it as I know nothing about that part of HB.

9. toliman

toliman Member

You make a good point with having a easy to use function call for pet states and weather, it would be easier to embed or remember that way.

It doesn't really change too much, because each combat variable could just scan through a case structure of the aura numbers and set up the appropriate state.

Ie. Case (debufflist) : {822:498: return "stunned" ; 435: return "chilled" ; etc. } ;

sic. Case loops tend to be easier to read vertically than if/else, and requires integers, or it really doesn't work.

Thinking about it, it could be justified, it could also act as the translation matrix for ru/gb/ch users, ie instead of reading the real name of the pet, aura or ability name, it would force a translation to English for the logic and logging. So, a long, long list of about 700 pets, 541 abilities and auras, and, it doesn't change the existing code library too much by rewriting all of the pet names.

Case structures also allow recording of failures for debugging if there's unknown auras or pets or abilities. So that makes it easier to record to a separate log file ( to trigger a logging exception debug, ie printing out the LUA, pet names, abilities, etc. When something inevitably screws up. )

As for rot, it changes the "pet armour", ie the family passive ability for each family, to undead.

Sometimes, when a pet is attacked by a direct spell, it will pick up the family ability, ie aquatic, critter, mechanical, etc. that it belongs to. And sometimes it can discard the ability /aura. Because of the strong /weak family balance, some talents hit harder or heal for more, etc.

It's one of the unique abilities because it changes that aura. Essentially, if you have a pet that can block 50% or do 125% more damage when hitting back, rot will cause your primary attack to do regular damage instead of nerfed damage. It could be chained to achieve something awesome in the case of fable pets or breaking the strength of certain OP trainers, it's usually not.

10. Chillflo

Chillflo New Member

Is there an opportunity to download an older Version of this Botbase. Because i updated the game today and now it didnt work anymore with the german wow client.
      This error appeared :
      Or can somebody help me, that i can use the bot with my client ?

11. Mr_Hunter

Mr_Hunter Member

Stell doch einfach in den Einstellungen die Sprache auf englisch und gut ist.

Change game language to english.

12. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

Don't know a whole lot here, but maybe try with a different profile and turn of the ones in the botbase? Seems it isn't recognizing the german name and/or finding a profile for it.

also a VERY good idea :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    13. Studio60

Loading a profile manually might solve the issue for now. If that doesn't work and you don't want to change your client language to english, I am afraid you might have to wait until Prostak implements a fix.

14. Chillflo

Chillflo New Member

I have tried to change the profil manually but the same error occured.

When i want to change the language of the game, have i to change the bnet language ?

15. Mr_Hunter

Mr_Hunter Member

16. Majik01

Majik01 New Member

Just needed to say.

LOVE IT!!!!!!

17. Mr_Hunter

Mr_Hunter Member

DITO :eek:

18. HyperMonkey

HyperMonkey Member

Visit the project on Github https://github.com/Prostak/Prosto_Pets/commits/master, select the version, click browse code (top right corner) and finally download zip. Voila!

19. Sime81

Sime81 New Member

Could you make a profile to load and go defeat all battle master pet trainers around the world?

20. Studio60

For that you would have to wait until the bot can do boss battles. Prostak has it on the roadmap, but no ETA yet.