• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Bot] Salesman - a very powerful and easy to use AH bot

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Inrego, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Flecey1990

Flecey1990 New Member

I put it in the Bot Folder i made sure that it was in the right folder but i still get the same thing all my addons are turned off so that cant be it i have uninstalled Honorbuddy but nothing

2. Inrego

Inrego New Member Buddy Store Developer

Could you write the complete path for Salesman.cs please?

If you read the error, you can see that it says it cannot find the path: C:\Users\Matthew\Desktop\Honorbuddy 2.5.8673.706\Bots\Salesman\Resources\umj.xml

3. Flecey1990

Flecey1990 New Member

C:\Users\Matthew\Desktop\Honorbuddy 2.5.8690.707\Bots\Salesman Lite\Salesman\Salesman.cs
      i think that is how you do it, sorry if not kinda new here

4. Inrego

Yeah, that's what I thought. You have a folder inside a folder for it. You should move everything up one level. Basically, you're not supposed to make your own folder for Salesman, just extract it to the bots folder.

5. Flecey1990

Flecey1990 New Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....okay, thank you so much :) it worked that time also can i get the link for the full version?

6. h4x0r

h4x0r New Member

The bot works perfectly when I use it via honorbudy, however I have some problems with importing from the underminer journal xmls to salesman files? I tried the import/export tool which I found on the forum but it made Honorbudy crash.
      I also tried editing the xmls manualy but salesman keeps resetting the xmls. Is there a way I can add items manualy to xmls, or is there a working way to import the underminer journal xmls?

Thanks in advance and kudos for this bot base.
      Ps: also added my custom xml if you would like to take a look: View attachment Settings-name[servername].xml

7. noxious

noxious New Member

Works like a charm, nice bot! It would be interesting to look into what this pro version offers - is it possible to buy or something?

8. Nightcrawler12

Nightcrawler12 New Member

9. bosh

bosh New Member

salesman dosent start , untill today morning everything was ok . But now every time i hit start dosent work. also i cant connect to bothavenmanager plugin

10. c4sper

c4sper New Member

look like the homepage and so the login is down.

11. Wullie

Wullie New Member

Your website seems to suffer a lot of downtime, which would be fine, apart from for some reason the bot doesn't function when it's down!

I've got the full paid version, and it's been down for a number of hours now.

No updates on your twitter which suggests you don't have have basic monitoring in place to detect problems, or else I would have assumed an update to say "we're working on it".

I understand you want to protect your product with some sort of "phone-home" but this isn't acceptable. You can get virtual servers for <?5/month - why don't you run a backup authentication server?

Must say, as a paying customer, am not impressed, which is a shame because the product itself is bloody awesome, and aside from these problems I would thoroughly recommend.

12. vandrarn

vandrarn New Member

Hello, The bot is working! but i got a problem with the list thing. My list is all glyphs and the "new" glyphs from patch 5,4 it doesnt list them at auctions and the old ones the bot have no problem to list. can some one help me?

Piclair.com - Share what you see!

13. Damien1213

Damien1213 Member

till the website is down we can't Sign in in the bothaven manager plugin :S

14. Soeski

Soeski Member

The support is somewhat lacking indeed, my issue is still not solved and I get no response from Inrego anymore. I use the paid version too. Inrego seems to always be busy updating his website and forum, but no technical support or development on version 3.0.
      I've now tested Salesman 2.0 and 3.0 and always have the same issue; it's not posting. I frequently get "internal auction errors", especially while posting items with stacks more than 3. I have to close the AH window and reopen it. Then it posts a few more items (as they actually ARE queued) and then stops again. I have to close the AH window again and open it again. Eventually, most of my items are being posted. The items on which it stalls, never gets posted.
      It looks like the scanning of all items, and queueing for AH is so fast that WoW somehow gets overloaded and can not keep up (hence the red text "internal auction error").
      I've already sent a log a few weeks back but no response so far. Using the newest Salesman 2.0 and 3.0, no addons whatsoever, clean WoW and HB install. In other words, I have not been using Salesman for weeks now because it's mostly useless.
      Am I the only one with this issue?

15. Wullie

Wullie New Member

I've on occasion had to close the AH window as it seems to stall, after I close it immediately reopens and continues to post the auctions. I've not noticed the errors you mention, but likely wasn't watching too closely.

It doesn't happen that frequently for me but does seem related to number of items it's trying to post. I also had a hunch it was related to running low on bad space (it seemed to be trying to post items it had left in bank) so I've given it bigger bags and must say not seen issues again yet.

Just to check - do you have any addons at all running? In the past my addons have caused issues. At present I just run Altoholic/Datastore (needed for other ProfessionBuddy profiles), and thought may these were interfering (was going to try disabling and see if I still had problems)

Only other minor thing I've noticed is it doesn't detect overfull mailbox, like when it needs to wait for further items to appear it runs off instead.

Alas, bot *still* down....

16. ypperst

ypperst New Member

Inrego, fix your site please.

Cant be that tough.

17. Inrego

Hey. The site should be up again soon. I am also in the progress of setting up a backup server. I am sorry for the inconveniences, but I assure you it will be sorted, and I will do my best to make sure there is no more downtime.

I got an e-mail 8 hours ago when I was out that I had an unexpected shutdown (as in someone turned off the power for my server). I went home to fix it asap, and the raid configuration needed repair, and that takes about 8 hours. It just finished now, so should be back online in a moment. I am sorry for the inconvenience and lack of information.

18. ypperst

ypperst New Member

Thumbs up Inrego.

thanks.

19. g0ld

g0ld New Member

Hi

I got exactly the same problem.
      Tested without addon and on a fresh install of HB (no plugins).
      I guess Salesman 3 dont work properly and need some fix.

Few items never gets posted.
      If i close/reopen the frame of auction house or if i try a search of item sometime temporary fix it.
      Also i have seen a problem related to it, when Salesman post, it's at max price (not for all items).

I use beta version paid.

20. Inrego

Hey guys. Thanks for the info provided about the posting problem. Now that I know that it happens when posting a lot of auctions, I have that to go from and will hopefully be able to resolve it soon.