• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Bowman - Survival / Marksman Hunter PvE & PvP CC [LazyRaider]

Discussion in 'Archives' started by falldown, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Hybritian

Hybritian New Member

Just wondering why if Explosive shot is available, it still goes to cast a cobra shot. And when Kill shot is up its not casting asap? Just little things, other than that its great?!!

2. flyg

flyg Member

HI jsut wondering if this is a mistake? My knowledge is pretty much zero but looking at this logically it says

if (Me.CurrentTarget.HealthPercent <= 6 && Me.IsCasting && Me.CastingSpell.Name == "Steady Shot" && Me.CurrentCastTimeLeft.TotalMilliseconds > 500 && !SpellManager.Spells["Kill Shot"].Cooldown)

So If my current targets % is less than equal to 6 ?! and i'm casting steadyshot and it has greater than 500ms to go and kill shot is not on cooldown then cast killshot ?

Should it really be 6%? Should it not be 20%?

3. imdasandman

imdasandman Active Member

I noticed your survival cc does not cast arcane shot very often. From my understanding you want to cast arc shot in between yoir explosive so you are not overiding your explosive shot dot.

If i am wrong please correct me as i am new to hunters

4. imdasandman

imdasandman Active Member

You could hange that 6 to 20 and try it out imo and post your findings i guesd

5. falldown

falldown Member

The reason for the less than 6% is because Kill Shot isn't going to get a kill if the person has 20% health, unless they're a complete noob. It's there to stop it from casting a long steady shot if we can get a kill-shot and kill the target instead. If you feel like 6% is too low or you want to modify any other aspects of the CC feel free. You can even post them here if you really think they give better results. (Don't post entire .cs files, just snippets of code)

Also the CC should cast arcane shot if you've already shot 2 explosive shots and there's enough focus and time in between the 3rd explosive shot.

I know the CC isn't perfect and that's mostly due to limitations in the bot and WoW. There are delays when you cast something and when you actually get the focus, etc. Those delays cause some problems and everything doesn't run as smoothly as I would want them. After MOP I'm most likely going to "re-write" the entire CC which will hopefully make it more effective.

6. flyg

flyg Member

Ah right - makes more sense now. With the dmg people dish out now, even if full res, I think 6% is prob too low - especially if multiple ppl bashing on target in a random bg. Think i might try a few different values and see what i find. Only reason I noticed was that I also never got a killshot kill.

I love the CC btw - its a nice and easy to follow - Ive learned a lot from reading it ;D

7. bfxr6

bfxr6 New Member

Is there a way to stop readiness from activating before deterrence is used for the pvp rotation.

Just because it uses all cooldowns, if no ones attacking me me, no need to deter. CC Activates readiness, then only able to deterrence once.

Need double deter to duel rets and dk's mostly.

8. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

@falldown

When you ripped out the MM portion of the CC did you do any rotation alterations to SV? The rotations feel different now. They seem to be slower and more clunky. I don't know how to explain it. It's like I'm waiting longer for focus recharges, and the shots seem different. Before you took out MM and had both SV/MM in the CC, the SV portion seemed to flow really well, and I seemed to have almost unlimited focus. It also seems like the older version was giving me bigger dps numbers. I very well could be wrong. Just an observation. My iLevel has gone from 372 to 383 since then, so that might be it as well? I just don't know. I can't really put my finger on what it is. Just seems like there's an awful lot more of the auto-shots, and focus rebuilding is slower now. Spec hasn't changed at all. Sorry if I'm making no sense at all. It's just that the CC feels different now somehow.

9. falldown

falldown Member

There were no major changes,

That was one of the changes but I've noticed that it doesn't apply them always when I want them to even though it should... really annoying. But I don't know why the rotation would be slower, MM is probably a faster rotation anyway, especially if you use arcane shot as your main DPS attack. Survival has more cooldown and high focus shots so it probably seems a little slower.

10. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Ah, strange. Well, I wasn't complaining or anything. Using your CC and the SV spec I've been blasting through things. Been complimented so many times on DPS numbers in normal DS and 5-mans. So, in no way was I complaining. I was just curious because it just seemed different. And, I think the reason is the Hunter's Mark and Serpent Sting change. I look at my target and I'm used to seeing those two things up all the time. Sometimes I apply them manually.

11. gimpyyy316

gimpyyy316 Member

doesn't seem to be working right for me help

would someone mind team viewing and seeing whats going on please would be a great help

12. Hybritian

Hybritian New Member

Just realised i was using 4.2.2.0 as i thought it was the updated one... nope...
      Kept thinking oh the MM is still on here.... XD

CC is fantastic with the changes from 4.2.2.0 to 4.3 XD

13. falldown

falldown Member

What do you guys think about a beast mastery PvP CC? I may have been working on one for myself and if there's a lot of interest I could tweak it for other races as well and release it. It's a lot more suitable for Arenas as well as BG's.

14. Dawning

Dawning New Member

YES !!!

I've been waiting for a BM CC for so long :D

15. media331

media331 New Member

yes do it :d

16. megabbyte

megabbyte Banned

I Agree!

17. Filmfilm

Filmfilm Member Legendary

Is he supposed to "clip" explosive shot?
      I haven't played hunter since WotlK, but then if you used another ES on a procc before 0.5 sec it overlapped, and cause you to lose a tick = less dps.

When I procc he casts the 2nd ES at 0.6-0.7, and other at 0.9 - 1.1 sec.

Anyone knows? :)

18. Hybritian

Hybritian New Member

YES A BM SPEC PLEASE... i currently use the Outdated but still working rinusBM with LazRai. Its good at keeping the pet aggro'd but rubbish at dps.. rollout like 11-15k dps on a 393ilvl pve. yet its capable of a lot more... Nothing as high as Surv though.

19. falldown

falldown Member

It's a PvP Spec. Though it wouldn't be too hard to convert it to a PvE spec, but I'm not going to bother with that since Mists is coming out in 2 months.

20. falldown

falldown Member

As far as I know the DoT effect can stack up to 3 seconds and each shot adds 2 seconds, so if there's <= 1 second left it will cast it again. And since there's a small travel time between your cast and it actually hitting it shouldn't even overlap, so there's no DPS loss from that. Though I could be wrong, please correct me if thats not how it works.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.