• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Buddy Team and Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Tony, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. ugauga

ugauga New Member

@Apoc: how hard can it be? ;-)

As far as I see it you only need 2 major IF's, one for Dark Side options and one for Light Side. I'm guessing no one cares about companion affection as it can be quite easily raised with items.
      All the quests with their options is listed on torhead and such websites. You only need to pick from option 1 or 2 as no one will care about the dialog if it doesn't have Dark/Light points (frankly those are useless too as you can't do anything with them except buy some crappy items from the D/L vendors). Option 3 tends to be always the "refuse quest" one.

At this early stages just go for option 1 or 2 for the side quests to have a working quest take/giver bot. Class quests can be done separately, later on with more options and with the help of the community.

Mehh... but what do I know? ;-))

2. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thats all well and good, but still not viable. The way the engine works, we need a bunch of information to send to the client to do specific things.

Each quests has a certain number of "branches".
      Each branch has a certain number of "steps"
      Each step has a certain number of "tasks"

The worst case of the above, was a quest with 9 branches, each branch having between 1 and 15 steps, and each step having between 1 and 5 tasks. You can see how difficult this gets very quickly. In order for us to see if anything is finished, we need to know the quest ID, the branch ID, the step ID, and sometimes the task ID as well. Its not as simple as you might think.

3. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
      In the mean time, however, the skeleton can definitely be set up. The logic of where to go, what to pick up, what quest (or branch/step) to finish first etc.
      Most Daily quests (at least on Ilum) are pretty straightforward. And even the ones with multiple branches and tasks can be written out as "Go to location X and click the panel there" which will be translated to "Go to location X and do task $ of branch # of quest @" once the bot is there.
      Kick's current SVN should give me an idea of the structure so that I'll need to mainly focus on the IDs when the bot goes live.

I do agree that doing Hoth/Correllia may be a bit trickier.... With that kind of ID-depth I'll need to do it whilst leveling a character and that can be a holy pain in the badonkadonk. So I'll leave that to Kick for the time being ;)

On a different note: HEY! Don't try to slow me down APOC, I'm running now and hope to still be running when you guys have worked your magic :)

4. B3AST

B3AST Member

So are we about a week away from a release or is it going to come sooner than expected?

5. ugauga

ugauga New Member

@Apoc: is it really that hard to get the ID's? If it's not, I might give it a shot ;-)

6. Megser

Megser Well-Known Member

Even if you were able to procure the quest IDs you'd still need to know step numbers etc.

7. meistermonty

meistermonty Member

Warrior vs Paladin: The Musical! - YouTube

AWESOME!

8. ugauga

ugauga New Member

@Megser: isn't that the same thing? ;-) I've done all quests up to level 50 so I know my way around ;-)

9. aprisma

aprisma New Member

I dont care about doing quests with a bot. The quests are so funny that I wanna do them myself.

I just need it for the corellia boxes :) thats enough and maybe Space-Fight - its fucking difficult.

keep going on and good luck.
      cheers,

Off-Topic: Can anybody tell me whom to write that I am a life timer? All postboxes of tony and bossland are full.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    10. xsol

xsol Member

Edit: I think what most of us want is a gather buddy and a space combat buddy. QuestBot == ! important at all path it in later and let us get started already.

11. xsol

xsol Member

Actually this is probably due to OOP and GC

I love how everyone thinks they know when something is coded poorly... it's funny

12. Apoc

What I said has absolutely nothing to do with conversations.

13. Apoc

Wrong. In fact the game was coded much better than most other games out on the market. (Its even up there with Blizzard) Granted, Bioware didn't write the game engine, I can't deny how well done the game is. (The amount of memory-reuse is incredible, which is great for a game coding perspective, pretty annoying for us who need to keep track of said memory as a "copy")

14. Megser

Megser Well-Known Member

Alright, this will be the last time I discuss --->

It isn't the same thing.

You have no way to acquire branch numbers nor step numbers (no, you can't get that from Torhead), you could probably figure out task numbers by yourself though. The only way to get it is by the SWTOR bot or you coding something yourself.

Feel free to look at a 1-10 profile in my SVN, if the branch and step stuff doesn't bother you, go for it ;).

15. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

Exactly. Those IDs are the least of my worries. That's the easy (albeit time consuming and boring) part.
      I can already build the flow of the profile and from looking at the already built 1-10 stuff I can steal the syntax. Then when stuff is life I'll dedicate some precious time of my life to getting those IDs and locations right ;)

16. xsol

xsol Member

Yeah, I realized shortly after I replied. Sorry, trying to curb my auto rant. Seriously though I know the questing is by far and above what sets this bot apart by providing that clean easy auto level my farmer ability, but it would be nice to be given something to get started using and let the rest be patched in later. Personally I just need something to help gather mats at this point; something that doesn't waste credits.

I already have 3 accounts (and 12 computers) so you know its kind of important to me to get something going sooner rather than later and on the feature list questing is pretty much nonexistent to me in terms of useful.

All that said conversations do in fact effect what objectives are given in a quest ;) I know I'm a smart ass

17. sYn1

sYn1 Member

Seeing the quality you guys (devs of HB) have given us with HB I have the fullest trust in that you guys will put an awesome bot for SWTOR as well. Just take it easy, I can wait alot longer if it means having a great product once again. :)

18. Joker76

Joker76 Member

I didn't "think I knew" anything, I was simply going by the sentence where Apoc said things "jumped around" and took that to mean it was poorly optimized. I stand corrected based on his subsequent clarifying posts.

I love how everyone thinks they know everything because they're a smartass ... it's funny.

19. jarheaded

jarheaded New Member

cant we start with a space mission bot just for the dailies.. then expand on it for questing. kinda like a gatherbuddy meets honorbuddy.. space mission meets questing? today i did 5 mission fresh 26 and got 1/4 of a level and if you repeat them you get.. pure exp and credits.. then you can work on the questing part 1-20,30,40,50 then farming.. then pvp as well

20. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

My guess is that space missions may be harder to bot then quests. On a quest you can specify each action and then trigger the CC, on a space mission you have to specify each exact target and how to kill it.

MacroGoblin tried it's hand at space missions and failed miserably. It simply doesn't work at all. From all the profiles there I've found 1 for Fondor that comes slightly close to being useful, all the rest either don't start, have the wrong coordinates, run out of sync halfway or are so badly scripted that you die each time you fly them unless you outgear it by about 20 levels (in which case it's useless credit/XP wise).

Next to that; I personally would like questing a whole lot more then anything else.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.