• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Buddy Team and Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Tony, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. aprisma

aprisma New Member

Hello,

thats exact the plus and the minus.

I know the bot very well from WOW. Its incredible. If there would be a price for world best bot - its won.
      Its not a bot its an expert system with its own AI.

But maybe for a lot of users it would be enough to limit the features and let it grow by step. If you look on the market, some people offer bots, they are not even ready and cannot be compared in quality in any way.

I for example just look for a bot that I can set a path and some little action. And this is the best that I ever saw with HB. The mesh db - it never runs in a fence because it knows that there is one .

So please think on that and I wish you all the best for your product.

cheers,

2. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

I can imagine that using HB as a basis is the easiest way to go; adapt the HB base to be used with SWTOR instead of building from the ground up.
      That would mean the only thing the HB crew is working on is those adaptations.

The rest of all the work can be done by other people. Someone that builds the CC, someone that builds the profiles....

If you look at it like that, it's probably a *lot* faster to build the quest-bot then it would be to build the space battles. It's also just as easy to build the quest-bot as it is to build the grind/farm/etc. bot since most of the work for the questing isn't done by those that build the basis.

And the last, and probably most important, point: HB has a reputation to uphold. Releasing TORBuddy (no official name, just my mind giving it a name ;)) at a quality below the standard that the crew has set for themselves will hurt their position in the market.

Yes, I'd like it sooner rather than later as well. But I'd rather have it up to the quality standards we've come to expect then have to work with an inferior product for any length of time.

3. Xillidan

Xillidan New Member

[BuddyWing] The Old Robot :)

4. aprisma

aprisma New Member

You misunderstood myself. I didnt say anything about not keeping the quality we are all used to have from this group but limiting the amount of features. I think if you skip some features you might even raise quality of the ones that are left. And then when all is stable you can extend the bot anytime.........

cheers,

5. xsol

xsol Member

I get what you are saying, but the bot base "should" more quickly be able to "farm" than quest. They are having to define a lot of new tags and data structures and test these; then they may find they need something else -> this will take time while a grind/farm tags set is much smaller and much faster to release and would be a good base to build a quest bot.... I would be willing to bet most of what is needed to farm is done already while everything needed to quest will take much more time to roll out.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    6. hDyz

hDyz Member

It actually works just fine if your computer can handle it. I've got their UltimateBot script running perfectly fine on every mission on my gaming rig, although if I try it on my 3 year old gaming laptop the profiles go out of sync. This is simply because the SWTOR client takes up a lot more CPU usage than other games, so its a lot more hardware dependent. For what MacroGoblin is, its amazing and the developer is very helpful and posts on pretty much every thread in the forums to help people set stuff up. So until Torbuddy is released its the only stable and safe botting method I've personally found for SWTOR.

7. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

While we did take a lot of HB's core (though, most of it has been rewritten to be better, faster, and in general more awesome), most of HB just isn't applicable as a base to work off of anymore. HB's codebase is very old, and quite a bit cluttered. Our goal is to still provide the same amount of API that we do with HB, in BW. (Granted, the API will take a while to form) But in doing so, also have a much cleaner API than HB.

We have stuff internally, where we can just plug in new stuff and we have a bot. (MaiN calls it "BotInABox") It still requires a lot of tailoring to make things work, but in essence, all the major components are ready to go, we just need to plug things into it. :)

Also, we'll be looking into space-mission botting after we release, and are happy with how the bot performs.

Priority is roughly as follows:

1. Questing
      2. Crew Skill Bot
      3. Space MIssion Bot
      4. PVP Bot

8. aprisma

aprisma New Member

Hi Apoc,

I hope questing also means farming? Farming chests and raw materials would be most important. You need tons to get a purple receipt.........
      Crew Skill is easy to handle with autoit - even for a noob like me :)
      Space Mission would be most wanted. I dont know what Origin thinks about time. Doing each Space Mission 10 times to success 1 time? The very high missions are deadly difficult.

So as soon your bot is able to farm like HB did - i miss my birdie druid :) - I would be more than happy.
      cheers,

9. Ulbjorn

Ulbjorn New Member

1-50 questing bot would be awesome! I canceled my subscription to TOR until something interesting happens.

10. Rthompson

Rthompson New Member

What is the projected cost?

11. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

They haven't announced pricing yet, nor would I expect an announcement on price until its released...We really need an FAQ section in the first post of this. Same questions come out constantly.

My magic ball suggests that pricing will be very very similar to Honorbuddy. Just as Ryftomate was when it was released.

12. jarheaded

jarheaded New Member

seems to me once the buddy wing is release it may be one click and set plugin for set task's ie: Farming, pvp,questing,and space missions.. if i read what apoc's telling us.kinda like archeology buddy was for wow..and as for macro goblin the guy's bot was a glorified pixel bot used it on rift for 2 months and tried swtor on it but yet didnt work for me either..

cant wait to try this tired of questing my self 27+ is just sooo boring.. skavak is going down tho...

13. xsol

xsol Member

That is really good to hear. Someone above already said this, but can you give us any insight into how we "could" setup a chest farmer or a node farmer? I don't see a simple companion bot as useful even in the slightest and if that is a big feature, while I know it has to be there, it kinda will be a let down as node farming is more profit.

Let me explain, I have characters who only have gather professions, they exist only to gather resources for other characters. Using the companion to do this is a waste of credits, doing it myself is ok, but I would rather have my BW doing it for me while I do something "fun" on another account. That is worth money to me, that is what I want out of the product. Can you speak to the please?

Maybe add a description to each bullet if you have the time.

I'm interested in the PvP but mainly from an AI perspective... not really a I'm going to use it perspective...

14. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

What you are describing is, most likely, part of the Questing bot. In HB this could be set up as a GatherBot or as a Questbot with the latter giving more options. I'm quite sure we'll find it'll be possible to make a questbot profile that supports farming.

15. xsol

xsol Member

Thanks, no offense, but I would rather hear it from Apoc/Kick than another user telling me what I already know.

16. Nuok

Nuok Community Developer

I could write a questing profile with hb right now that would move to a location interact with an object and then loop continuously, the framework is basically the same.
      Chest farming is actually quite easy todo.

It would be more effective maybe to have it as a plugin that loots chests while you do something else like questing of grinding, but again quite easy todo.

17. B3AST

B3AST Member

SWTOR is dieing for me, i didnt think it possible but it really is

18. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

I would rather Apoc/Kick spend their time working on the bot ;)

19. Xillidan

Xillidan New Member

Chest farming will be possible, it's part of the quest bot (UseObject). As for node farming, no idea yet.

20. gward

gward New Member

On my server the population is quite healthy. Granted there are more Imperials than Republic. Unless you were saying it's getting boring for you only....

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.