• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Buddy Team and Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Tony, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Envis

Envis New Member

Cataclysm launched December 7th, Sinestra (the final hard mode of the first raid tier) was defeated January 20th 2011. So your statement about all Cataclysm hardmodes being killed within 3 days is incredibly factually inaccurate. Not to be rude but you just should not even respond if you are just going to spout lies and nonsense.

2. blacklisted

blacklisted New Member

SWTOR Free weekend www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400211 the game is definatly quieter now and I dont see as many folk login over the past few weeks, most I spoke too have rolled back to their game of choice.

3. DroidFanBoyJP

DroidFanBoyJP Member

The content in SWTOR took us a month and 4 days to clear all Nightmare modes from pre-release, so not sure where your 3 month remark comes from. That includes leveling to 50, and then running HMFPs, which are harder than the actual raids. The reason that a lot of the content was harder than most, is that they never allowed testing of their high end raiding, and it was so unbalanced, usually in their favor.

Honestly, 1.2 is adding nothing major, other than legacy, and a gated operation mode.

I would say, if you were to build a bot for SWTOR, that it not be a quest bot, but more of a space mission bot. It's safe, it's not much slower, and it's sustainable.

4. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

questing is the way to go... as you have to quest to get your companions
      space mission is on our plate as well as pvp

all in due time

5. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

just wanted to know if there is any ETA on the bot? cause i'm really looking forward to this bot, just hope it won't be long after launch (or maybe even with launch) that you guys add a pvp feature :D

6. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We have no set-in-stone ETA. Unfortunately, whenever we think we'll have it out, we always find some game-breaking issue that prevents us from doing so. (The first was a massive change to the way they reference things in the engine, which took nearly 5 days to fix properly) We've been reiterating our nav system for the last few weeks, working out all the bugs we can find. (This includes finding new things in their terrain system, and working around bugs in said terrain system) Its a rough job, but we won't be releasing a useless bot. We're looking for a quality release. If that means it takes us an extra few weeks, so be it.

7. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

thanks for a quick reply, good with some info :) looking forward to a release ;)

8. Fadore

Fadore New Member

I don't know APOC, you guys might have hurt yourselves with that approach. Many people have already been able to level 3 or 4 toons with either UntzBot or Lucky's BoT for free or a small one time donation. At this point some people aren't gonna need BuddyWing for leveling, and it is not hard to make credits so farming isn't really a big deal in SWTOR the way it wa sin the WoW economy. You can run space missions over and over and make credits. It is going to be hard for some people to justify paying the price we paid for HB the way SWTOR is in contrast to WoW.

9. A1l3n

A1l3n New Member

I just started back in this game. Feels like I'm playing a movie. Lol. And everything is so much funner then WoW. The companion thing really sold me. And not going to lie.... This game is great for RP. And sometime I just like to RP. Lol.

10. tataros

tataros New Member

I really don't care about leveling..the best part of this game is leveling and I am gonna do this alone all the time..All I want is farming mats in the world and of course run pvp battlegrounds..This game is gonna stay for a long time and I am really expecting a quality bot when it is ready...

11. guitarjunky

guitarjunky New Member

1.2 has a lot; they're making changes to problem areas and adding positive things to the game, ie. combat log/guild bank. Those two features alone are great improvements. The game is still a new release, so slack has to be givin. Rome wasn't built in a day, so neither will this game, or this bot. ^_^

I, personally, can't wait to see what HB does with this!

12. woohah

woohah Member

I'm waiting on this bot as well. One thing I really hope it can do is crew skills. Screw doing that crap over and over again. Would rather set it and walk away coming back to 400 on all of my skills!

13. HONOR BRO

HONOR BRO New Member

Oh cool didnt know we were doing a SWTOR bot ;) may have to start playing some again :D

14. A1l3n

A1l3n New Member

Well from seaching the interwebs. I seem to come across a site that claims that the bot will be out in a week posted on march 11th. And that seems to have been false. They said they even spoke to bossland.... Hmm.

It was something like SWTORpro.com or something.

15. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

Apoc? was just wondering, you think the bot will be out pre or post 1.2 patch? really just sitting around botting wow while waiting for a swtor bot :D

16. A1l3n

A1l3n New Member

I really hope this comes out soon. So sick of pixel bots. But I don't know any others. What is everyone else using?

17. patricq

patricq Member

Hi Devs,

Kick,Apoc - Is there any ETA's of the date for this bot to be released? - The wait has been crazy lol.

18. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

it's one thing after another

meshes have been updated ... again

now i'm waiting for apoc to fix small bugs so i can start testing

I'm on Belsavis now (41-44'ish) and it's goin (pure development, little testing)

19. woohah

woohah Member

Thank you for the update! I think that helps us who are starving for a bot for this game. Nonetheless, I would rather wait a bit longer than have issues out of the gate. Keep up the good work!

20. A1l3n

A1l3n New Member

Just wish I could get a bot to finish off 35-50. Ugh shit sucks. I really want a Spacebot that would be awesome since all the pixel bot fuck up with my BH and trooper. :/

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.