• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Buddy Team and Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Tony, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Jacan

Jacan New Member

leveling a toon is super gay, i havent even hit 25 on my 1st toon and ive had the game since january, i feel like a jackass, i need to cancel my subscription before i waste anymore money

2. Aaron86

Aaron86 Member

Sounds like you are doing something really wrong I hit 50 by feb on my sentinal and I don't get to play a lot

3. Jacan

Jacan New Member

by really wrong you mean, not wanting to sit there and watch a 5 min dialog for every quest? I can only stand about 2 hours of questing at a time.

4. sYn1

sYn1 Member

Try pressing spacebar a few times when the movie starts...
      I usually only not skip the class mission movies.

5. Aaron86

Aaron86 Member

Ya I spammed space bar on every quest but class quests an took every short cut I could speed hacked and teleported as much as possible I think the speed hack and the tele hack get picked up by their anti cheat system now though

6. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

I have 3 50's and some 25+ chars, and i spam spacebar on every quest :D

7. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

Developers? is there a chance for a vid of the bot anytime soon or? really curious about it! :D

8. Neo93

Neo93 Member

Maybe ;)

The first public test will be soon. So tell your friends and be prepated.
      It will be legen - wait for it because there is no spoon - dary.

LEGENDARY!

9. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

Dun dun dun!!!

Vvv

i can haz cheezeburgerz!!!!!111!111111111!!!!

:)

10. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

No srsly. We're on the last leg (I hope! /jinx)

11. woohah

woohah Member

And the people rejoiced.. YAY!

12. Ama

Ama New Member

Im right there with you. I just want to do the story lines. I don't get much enjoyment out of grinding out mobs over and over and over. Most quests, I try to avoid the mobs. Usually I will just let my companion eat it while i keep running.

13. Aaron86

Aaron86 Member

Oh me so horney

14. xsol

xsol Member

Not trying to be a hater, but my sub to SW:TOR ends in two months I won't be re-uping I think you missed out on my money and probably at least a few others.

15. xsol

xsol Member

On the subject of me being a two-faced hypocrite:

1) I would never report anyone(thing) that was at least actively doing something.
      2) I only report stupid bots that run into a wall forever, because if you use something like that -> you deserve it you idiot.
      3) If you bot and only use that mats for yourself you are in fact on a somewhat moral/ethical high ground compared to some others who use bots that have a negative impact on other player by running into walls forever and taking up a slot that could go to an at least bad player who may do something.
      4) I've written my own bots in the past and will in the future and I don't distribute them -> again a somewhat moral/ethical high ground.

It's simple the moment you do something that takes negative action against a large number of players without at least having some + side i.e. providing goods and services that are much needed -> you are an asshat

Botting in PvP is stupid, but to each his own; if the bot doesn't run into walls for the entire match and look like an obvious bot I won't be reporting it.

Nothing is BLACK and WHITE where because I exploit any and all exploits are okay, there is in fact a grey area of personal ethics to everything. See: Robin Hood for example

Edit: Also the bot in question keeps you in the PvP queue and keeps you from going afk it also runs into walls forever that is a bot.

16. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

there are still quite alot of subs, not as many as WoW has ofc, but still quite a few .. and the more BW patches swtor the more will play i'm pretty sure with.

17. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

OMG that almost made me come ;)

18. xsol

xsol Member

Sure give everyone a free month and it looks like a lot of subs and there are many who did 6 months and are not re-uping so quite a lot is nice, but when you include all the factors... I'm not saying the game is going to die -> I'm saying if this product had released a few months ago I probably would be re-uping because I would have something interesting to do WRITING PROFILES, but after holding out for months and getting close to the point where my sub ends... I mean I subbed for 6 months because I intended to get most of my fun out of writing profiles and botting; well it's to late I'll be playing D3 and not interested in writing profiles or anything for swtor anymore

19. ryftobuddy

ryftobuddy Banned

Last time I checked, Neo93 isn't a mod, so I'd take what he said with a grain of salt.

I don't think they have announced anything about there being a public test.

Kick said they are just about ready to release, but once again no mention of a public test.

20. banme

banme Member

Xsol, I dont think you are a 2faced Hypocrite. But I disagree with your choice to report people who are just afking in Pvp or perpetually running into a wall.

Back in the day on the glider forums, anyone who admitted reporting another botter/exploiter was forum banned and had glider keys revoked. This was because any report made against a botter/exploiter brought attention to botters in general. The more reports that bioware receive against people botting, the more they need to pay attention. This could inadvertantly bring attention to all botters, as they may decide to take more action against all of us. I know it is annoying and frustrating to see people being absolutely useless in pvp. But you have made the choice to skirt the rules of the EULA, I dont think you should report people other people for skirting the same rules, no matter how bad they are.

Just my 2 credits.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.