• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Buddy Wing: The Old Robot at your Service!

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Forum' started by Hawker, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

republic 25-50 works (dark-consular). coruscant, taris, and nar shaddaa will have minor issues until I re-run them... which i'll prob do after I finish up dark-agent

republic light - i'll have to go and add a bunch of stuff to useobjects (branch, step, task, ignorelos) and that should fix most issues... but I'll also need to re-run that and fix stuffs as well :(

2. toliman

toliman Member

I havent tried it on all my characters yet, was seeing how it handled levelling new characters (for all the legacy unlocks).
      i will try with the dailies as well, but it's been a challenge getting consistency, i might try the belsavis dailies (as nobody does those willingly anymore...) and ilum, but i'm a bit curious, after watching it with levelling/questing, as to how it handles healing classes.

i think 3 of these might be known issues,

1, opening v1.0.841.253, without swtor open, crashes the client, then locks you out of the client with max sessions.

i.e.
      [10:35:32.823 N] Buddy Wing: The Old Robot is ready!
      [10:35:43.317 D] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      (repeat)

the client becomes uncloseable. proceeding to kill the task, then restricts you from logging in due to multiple logins, for minutes. i can see the need for this, but it seems like the client needs to send a soft/hard kill command or something to force a timeout of a previous session/current session.

2, getting stuck at the vendor, not attempting to vendor/repair items

BW navigates to the vendor, then reopens the vendor every second without repair/selling items. after an uncomfortable 20-30 seconds of this, it then stops, walks back then forward, then repeats this. and stays locked there.

3, more of an oddity than a problem, IA sniper seems now to start combat by going into cover just outside of the combat distance, stepping forward to break cover, setting up cover, trying to fire, failing to fire due to range problems, stepping forward a whole step, setting up cover, etc.
      at low levels, it hiccups very quickly, takes the full step forward, and proceeds as normal, it hiccups about 3-5 times, especially if the mob is moving, which takes 2-4 seconds, and then it proceeds as normal.

it really seems like a wierd implementation problem with cover.

At first, i thought it was a range problem, but it's plenty accurate in the logs, so it seems more like it needs to reduce the trigger distance, due to the delay of setting up cover.

So, after seeing how it handled an agent, i'm curious to know if Wingit, the combat engine, has a system for healing, i.e. using healing abilities on companions/self, swapping companion options, using medpacks/relics/stims/adrenals in combat, swapping companions when facing champions/elites. etc. because i have 2 healer chars, and want to roll a tank class eventually, and its probably going to be a challenge to get a non-healer char going with BW.

i suppose, if it's due to the combat routines, it can be tweaked later on and there's possible room for more human styled tweaks, i.e. sending in companions to pull champion mobs first, rolling to cover on smuggler/IAs instead of drop cover, occasionally rotating/strafing/ 10-15' left or right every 15-30s to imitate players looking around, etc.

3. CoyDK

CoyDK Banned

is there a link / post that shows the updates for each profile. iem thinking like "Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, Light 1-50" is rdy for play (just an exampel) Reading all 29 pages took its time :p

4. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

not for a while, bud

5. lufiboy

lufiboy Member

Hey guys, i'm getting this error after initiating BW.

Unhandled exception during init: System.Exception: This version of Buddy Wing does not support this build of SWTOR! [Current: 919377, Supported: 915488]
      at Buddy.Swtor.BuddyTor.Initialize(Process proc)
      at Buddywing.MainWindow.()

I have the version 253.

Any tips? Thanks alot ;)

6. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

You have to wait till they update BW to work with the patch that came out today.

7. Aaron86

Aaron86 Member

update please

8. MiX74P3

MiX74P3 Member

dead bot it feels

9. Kisovec

Kisovec New Member

Just bought it :) please patch it! =)

10. Aaron86

Aaron86 Member

just patched mine havent tested it though

11. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

Bot has been patched and has been working since much earlier today.

12. in2fun

in2fun New Member

Was using 262 fine. Closed then re-opened, did update to 263. Now getting error
      Code:
      Starting Buddy Wing v1.0.857.263
      Logging in...
      Login Success!
      User is a Warrior
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\AgentSmuggler.cs(235,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\AgentSmuggler.cs(244,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\AgentSmuggler.cs(253,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\AgentSmuggler.cs(262,45) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\AgentSmuggler.cs(271,45) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\AgentSmuggler.cs(280,45) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\BountyHunterTrooper.cs(225,51) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\BountyHunterTrooper.cs(234,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\BountyHunterTrooper.cs(243,47) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\BountyHunterTrooper.cs(252,47) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\BountyHunterTrooper.cs(261,47) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\BountyHunterTrooper.cs(270,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\InquisitorConsular.cs(226,49) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\InquisitorConsular.cs(235,45) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\InquisitorConsular.cs(244,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\InquisitorConsular.cs(253,48) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\InquisitorConsular.cs(262,44) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\InquisitorConsular.cs(271,43) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\WarriorKnight.cs(235,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\WarriorKnight.cs(244,47) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\WarriorKnight.cs(253,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\WarriorKnight.cs(262,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\WarriorKnight.cs(271,46) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\WarriorKnight.cs(280,47) : error CS0426: The type name 'ClassAbility' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\AgentSmuggler.cs(20,31) : error CS0426: The type name 'AbilityPair' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\BountyHunterTrooper.cs(21,31) : error CS0426: The type name 'AbilityPair' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\InquisitorConsular.cs(21,31) : error CS0426: The type name 'AbilityPair' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Compiler Error: c:\swtor bot\BuddyWing 1\Routines\WingIt\Routines\Mirrors\WarriorKnight.cs(21,31) : error CS0426: The type name 'AbilityPair' does not exist in the type 'WingIt.Routines.Mirrors.Mirror'
      Unhandled exception during init: System.InvalidOperationException: No routines were loaded. Please ensure there is a routine for your class before starting the bot.
         at Buddy.CommonBot.BotMain.SetCurrentCombatRoutine()
         at Buddywing.MainWindow.()
      Buddy Wing: The Old Robot is ready!

Was just using bot fine, havent changed anything

13. hkutt

hkutt New Member

it starts up with wingit svn 417 but not with the provided version. i didn't have the time to test if it really does the combat yet

**edit**
      ok after a short test bw crashs if it tries to start combat. so neither provided nor svn version is working (tests with jedi shadow balance)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    14. in2fun

in2fun New Member

The 262 version works fine. Just when ask to update say no.
      I already posted error with svn wingit in wingit section.

Also notice mounting is working good, and gathering using companion.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    15. ninjaskija

ninjaskija New Member

same here

16. MiX74P3

MiX74P3 Member

What the heck is an Assert Failure? Abort, Retry, Ignore?????????

17. stewiethecat

stewiethecat Member

works if you delete wingit folder and re download a fresh svn

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    18. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Mea Culpa--this problem rests squarely on my shoulders. It was a "bad checkin" on my part.

Due to the way my VisualStudio is set up, the code worked fine for me. However, the way BuddyWing is architected with dynamic compilations of Routines, my environment is not propagated by the 'shipped' product. Thus, the error everyone is seeing. I'm guilty of "it worked for me" when I checked it in. Since, I'm just a Community member like everyone else, it didn't cross my mind (nor did I have the ability) to get some others to test changes for me.

Over the past few weeks, I've made hundreds of changes trying to clean things up in WingIt. This particular change was a 'defensive' check to assure that interface contracts are not violated in certain heavily-used WingIt API elements. The missing environmental modules made it appear as if the interface contracts were always in violation.

For those that aren't developer-types, the summary is this...
      Its not the BuddyWing team's fault at all! My fault, and I'm very, very sorry. I try to be careful and do plenty of testing, but the twists peculiar to my environment didn't expose the flaw to me, the flaw had to be in a different environment (yours) to be seen.

The corrections to WingIt are available the next time BuddyWing is built and distributed. In the meantime, please download the latest copy from SVN if you can't wait that long.

cheers,
      chinajade

19. gamebeatter

gamebeatter New Member

are there going to be lifetime keys available?

20. MiX74P3

MiX74P3 Member

What the heck is an Assert Failure? Abort, Retry, Ignore????????​