• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Buddy Wing: The Old Robot - Beta Release

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Apoc, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Mupp

Mupp New Member

Wooha! oh boy what iv waited for this thread to show up on the forums.
      After botting with HB for a loooong time I must say that after trying this bot for 1 hour I must say im hellah impressed. It ran flawless for me, only got 1 thing that could be a nice thing to add in the future and that is to have the option of not speeddailing the quest conversations. Sometimes I find it fun to just watch the bot ( at work :) ).

Either then that it ran like I said flawless on my newstarted Consular on Tython.
      I will sure to be following you guys with this bot as I have with HB.
      Thanks for this GREAT product and good luck with it.

/Mupp

2. laria

laria Well-Known Member

3. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

Toney is a terrible name

you should change it to not Toney

:)

4. benj180

benj180 Member

Lols. Awesome job on the bot fella's, worth the wait :) Only one issue .... it runs TOO smooth for a Beta release .... ;)

5. Joker76

Joker76 Member

Very well done on the bot, looks to be a good start.

I ran a new Smuggler to 10, and tried a new Trooper as well but only made it level 6 before I had to go to bed. I will post some logs once I get home from work, but I wanted to give my impressions here.

Pros:
      1. Combat is solid and the rotations appear to be optimized well-enough for low level combat
      2. Training and auto-equip are all working well for the most part
      3. Speeds through dialogue nicely and selects appropriate quest rewards

Bugs:
      1. Bot sometimes idles for long periods, requiring a Stop/Start to get moving again.
      2. Pathing on the edge of roads/doorways causes the bot to get stuck often. I'm not sure if this is a mesh limitation, but if there is any way to make the bot path to the middle it would probably get stuck a lot less. I also noticed it get stuck on a lot of small objects like boxes or speeders. Is there any way to make the bot try to jump forward, before initiating the back-pedal-stuck-routine?
      3. Running the bot causes my SWTOR client to experience frequent micro-freezes on my system. Tried running as Admin and/or in compatibility mode but neither seemed to resolve this. Specs: i7-920, Radeon HD6850, 12GB RAM, SWTOR installed on SSD. I'm going to try tracking down exactly when this occurs and see if I can capture what's going on in the log at the times when the freezes happen.

That's all I can think of right now, will follow up with logs and more info later today. Keep up the good work!

6. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The "micro-freezes" of your entire system is something Bioware needs to fix. (This happens just when running the game legitly.) It happens most often when sitting at the character select screen after being in-game. (It destroys my ability to watch youtube while coding!)

7. Joker76

Joker76 Member

I haven't experienced any freeze ups during normal gameplay, they only started happening while running Buddywing. It's usually always during combat, so I'm going to change the log detail to spammy and see if I can track down exactly what it's trying to do when this occurs.

8. protopally

protopally Member

ok so been messing with cc's and come across something interesting with the smuggler i cant code take cover and it just uses crouch atm witch is good but i think i know the issue i searched the ability and take cover is listed twice with 2 diff guid's anyway to cast by guid? so i can test my idea?

9. xsol

xsol Member

I had take cover work, but it is unreliable, you may want to put it first and then a call to crouch second so that if take cover fails it will crouch. I have also found an issue where the character is on a surface where it can not cover, unknown effect and the cc or BW seem to hang. But the problem with take cover is it isn't always available in fact it is only really available when the green guide is visible which means it will not work a lot.

10. protopally

protopally Member

take cover auto crouches when cover guy is not available. but wana see if i can make it reliable by calling the correct take cover by guid.

11. xsol

xsol Member

Did you ever wonder if perhaps there are two because one is guided and one is crouch and the game invokes the correct one based on the availability of the cover terrain? Anyway I was simply trying to offer you a solution that would work and get what you want to happen, happening....

12. protopally

protopally Member

i appreciate you trying to help mate but i already considered that option and wanted to try it my way to see if there is a noticable differance. also my question was if there was a way to cast by guid.

13. xsol

xsol Member

The call to take cover blocks the call to crouch anyway; I just tested it. As far as I know there is no way to use the guid. How are you seeing the guid btw

Edit:
      Pure guess work but, if you look at the key binds there is Take Cover and Take Cover in place. My guess is that this is a special case skill and that BW is calling Take Cover not the wrapper that is placed on your bars.

I'm going to guess that a special case bit of logic would need to be added to BW to emulate the skill that is placed on the bars or something like that. Personally I think crouch is fine as "Take Cover" will put you in place you can't even hit the target from... really it will...

Last edited: May 7, 2012
    14. dbasford

dbasford New Member

I have the same issue, only happens when running Buddywing and when combat occurs. Seems like it's thinking about something.

Log attached from testing my Merc with the combat bot profile, I've customised the WingIt CC to be more in line with the Commando version.

Attached Files:

15. Neo93

Neo93 Member

@xsol & protopally
      Theres a reason why we chose Crouch instead of Take Cover.

@dbasford
      How should I know here the mistake is? Post your code please.

16. CIDO

CIDO Member

F**** Sweet bot, i dont even like swtor but i bought it for ?25 when it was on offer, i dont have a clue what a smuggler is but ive been watching "Game of thrones" an its lvl 9 already, Rofl

<3 :cool:

P.s. if your not watching Game of Thrones... Please... Please go watch it.... i feel like your probably missing out on life

17. protopally

protopally Member

Why is that and do you have any idea if i can call ability's by guid?

18. Aevitas

Aevitas Well-Known Member Staff Member Buddy Core Dev

Yeah well the errors are all over the place in that log, so I'm assuming something's gone wrong. What part have you modified?

19. dbasford

dbasford New Member

Sorry I wasn't particularly clear, I'd noticed those errors and was ammending them so apologies for my stupidity, I only posted the log of the last thing I tested (which happened to be my Merc and I'd edited the CC) but the micro pauses occur when entering combat regardless of whether it is the bundled CC or not (I've tried, Marauder, Juggernaut, Sage, Mercenary and Sorcerer).

All I did for the Merc one was take WingIt's Commando one and insert the opposite spell and correct resource levels (which I've now done to make it work without those errors). I'll run it with a Jedi Sage on the bundled CC and post the log.

Edit: Attached after running for a couple of combats.

Attached Files:

20. Mizzy

Mizzy Member

Hmm, seems whatever method the bot for skipping cutscenes doesnt stop when the bot is closed. Had to exit/restart the client to have cutscenes act normally again.

Aside from the issue I keep running into with the bot endlessly trying/failing to get a path until I stop/restart it (at which point it works normally instantly), the bot works quite well so far.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.