• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Confused about new nav system

Discussion in 'Archives' started by dayloon, Apr 20, 2010.

1. wpuk

wpuk New Member

Hb2

Ive just noticed mine stuck where it couldn't sort its self out

Basically a ledge that it could walk up with a no gap fence at the top, not sure if there would be a way of changing it so it could sort its self out, but just letting you know

I stopped HB2 and restarted it a couple of times to see if it would sort itself out but no joy, it did loop back about 2 metres a few times but it had a hard on for the spot thats marked on the image.

Im sure no system is perfect, this is just information for devs

Image included is of said situation

Edit: Side note

Is it possible to randomise its hotspots from within the profile code

Alternative having the HB2 logic intelligently path to the nearest target within a (user) defined distance of a hotspot could possible be a good solution to the BG fixed route problem

As in allow for the hotspot to have a user defined radius, how the user placed the hotspots and adjusted the size of the target locating radius of the hotspot should stop HB2 having a hard on for hotspots and not targets

Getting complicated but then Allowing HB2 to rank hotspot radius by how many enemy are within a hotspot and how close targets are within a hotspot

hope that makes sense :# :)

Double edit: I just manually walked my char a few hundred metres, it was then closer to a plthra of other hotspots but still tried to navigate back the the mark in the image (getting stuck again)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
    2. Jordan

Jordan New Member

To be honest the SOTA profile is a bit messy on defending as it just runs back and forth.

3. butane

butane New Member

Instead of having it randomize hot spots in the profile, how bout just having it randomly load say 1 of 4 entire profiles(or any number) based on its loacation after death? Seems easier to have a plug in do that. But I dont know shit!

4. wpuk

wpuk New Member

2nd Loot Problem

I know this thread is about Nav but just trying to keep the place tidy rather than making extra threads

Basically the mob died on a ledge, the bot in attempting to get to the loot is standing in one spot jumping up at the loot, this continues even after the lootable mob has faded out, i stopped it and restarted HB2 and it continued to do the same thing.

It did eventually lose interest in the lootable mob (who had faded away about 5 minutes previous) and move on with the rest of the profile

I'd say it probably tried to loot for about 10 minutes give of take a few minutes

Log attached

Attached Files:

5. wpuk

wpuk New Member

Also, Travel form (Druids) isnt working HB2,............. i know it was only supported by a plug in in HB1 but can't see why its not a default feature