• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Continue SWTOR bot

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Forum' started by 10gez10, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

HB is not BW.

Also I can't even AFK a grind profile. I check the logs and nothing to indicate why Buddywing stopped or the game stopped. Also nobody is providing support so I can't fix anything.

2. scottyb

scottyb New Member

seems to get caught in an endless loop and starts chugging sometimes it crashes your game. Just needs a few bugfixes. Its 95% done just needs a few bugs taken out and it will run smooth as silk. The guys have done a great job with this but just needs a small amount of development to finish it.
      1/ stop the chugging
      2/ take the navserver out and make it local or at least optional (will speed things up considerably) a simple point to point would be ok but a mesh system would be best
      3/ PVP queuing and grinding

3. ba10s118

ba10s118 New Member

Yeah i know Sherlock - made a typo

4. Pyroe

Pyroe Banned

If they want to continue it they need to support it, currently they have customers that cant use their product

5. 15outland

15outland New Member

Agreed, this is what I mean, seems like there is little to no support for it, yet considering continue to sell, sounds crazy, and I have the same problem, Scott, can barely AFK any grind profile :(

6. scottyb

scottyb New Member

I know it has difficulty grinding - that's why i suggested a point to point and call for help if stuck. I believe it would fix 90% of the problems. There was a bot called wowbot used with innerspace its navigation system would have been perfect for this. Basically mapped the place as you ran it and you could delete parts of the mesh if it ran into problems. These guys have done the work to this bot. Its questing part is great but it is dependent 100% on the navserver to use this. Unless they kicked this offsite and onto your local PC there's always going to be delays.

7. Manolitox

Manolitox New Member

People need to realize that this is not an afk bot as of yet.....I leveled my sorcerer up and yes it gets stuck now and then but hey, i just leave it running while on the PC working....use grind profiles - they work flawlessly - but make your own ones...it takes 2 minutes for a profile....

When they start selling it again, people will start to code their own profiles again and we will have improved versions of the current ones...JOEs profiles rock..and I am sure there are more talented people out there.

The questing works for 80% of the questlines...apart from class quest....I .love this bot!

8. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

The problem is that the profiles are right by BW is crashing and randomly having errors not associates with the profile. Grinding is not afk at the moment.

9. Manolitox

Manolitox New Member

How come mine never crashes? must be your system then....the only time it crashes is when i start/stop the bot more often

10. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

Please have a look at this and tell me why. I'd love to know why.

Attached Files:

11. Developer

Developer New Member

Some general thoughts:

• Processor power and available system memory directly impact game performance; even with eight+ cores and 16GB+ ram, the game itself, with or without a bot, will eventually crash. It's just programmed that poorly.
      • Internet connectivity issues (bandwidth, ping, signal to noise, etc.) affect the bot's ability to communicate with the navigation server, which can lead to an unresponsive or frozen bot.
      • Each of these issues are beyond Buddy Team's control.
      Try checking all of the above, the profile, and the combat routine. Most issues on our end seem to fall into one of these categories. Hope that helps.

PS: Per another thread, the nav server was restarted recently, and it can take up to an hour or more before everything runs smoothly again. So test again in 60 minutes. :D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    12. 15outland

15outland New Member

Mine has only crashed once, but it doesn't seem to be the profile, more or less the actually bot, as I've made my own, and it still will just spit errors, like now, I got one where if an enemy is behind an object, it wont move behind it, or just walk a little forwards, it will just stand there doing nothing, and then when it gets stuck because of navigational problems, it throws a huge bot-like fit, which in the end, doesn't even fix anything. (more of less, just dies from falling off cliffs)

@ Developer, Navigation is not beyond the Honor buddy Team, they could make it offline, or what about HB, why doesn't that have mesh problems, does BW download them for offline use like that, or is it 100% reading from the server?

I just made a new profile, and it didn't even follow the coordinates I gave, and started shooting mobs from across platforms, and just going stupid. - What about pull distance, anyway to set it?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    13. Pyroe

Pyroe Banned

Correct me if I am wrong but I never had this much trouble using HB. Why does the game crash on different systems and why is everyone telling us to make our own profiles, how about you share the ones that "work perfectly". It might only take a short amount of time but some of us have no xp in doing such things.

14. Developer

Developer New Member

I'll answer what I can.

For WingIt, look for the Distance class in Global.cs, which is in your Routines folder. The following values have worked well for me:

Code:
      public class Distance
              {
                  /// <summary>
                  /// Maximum range for interaction with targets for melee.
                  /// This value should also be used for cleave-style AoE attacks.
                  /// </summary>
                  public const float Melee = 0.39f;
                  /// <summary>
                  /// Some melee AoE spells are effective at greater than melee distance, but less than range distance.
                  /// Examples include:<list type="bullet">
                  /// <item><description><para> * Jedi Knight's "Awe" / Sith Juggernaut's "Intimidating Roar"</para></description></item>
                  /// <item><description><para> * Jedi Consular's "Force Wave" / Sith Inquisitor's "Overload"</para></description></item>
                  /// </list>
                  /// This is NOT a 'cleave range', use <c>Distance.Melee</c> for that.
                  /// </summary>
                  public const float MeleeAoE = 0.8f;
                  /// <summary>
                  /// Maximum range for interaction with targets at a distance.
                  /// </summary>
                  public const float Ranged = 2.8f;
              }
      In the DefaultCombat profile, the values are in the Global class:

Code:
      namespace DefaultCombat.Routines
      {
          public static class Global
          {
              public static bool IsInCover { get { return (BuddyTor.Me.HasBuff("Crouch") || BuddyTor.Me.HasBuff("Cover")); } }
              public static bool IsInGroup { get { return Helpers.Group.Count() > 2; } }
              public const int EnergyMin = 65;
              public const int CellMin = 8;
              public const float RangeDist = 2.8f;
              public const float MeleeDist = 0.35f;
              public const int FullHealth = 100;
              public const int HighHealth = 80;
              public const int MidHealth = 50;
              public const int LowHealth = 30;
              public const int OhShit = 15;
              public const int HealthShield = 90;
              public const int HealthCritical = 40;
          }
      }
      I'm not sure about Joe's but you get the idea.

That's all SWToR. The spaghetti code used for this game is also one of the reasons BW is so difficult to re-program after every patch.

The Bioware security team will jump on public profiles. It's also better not to be fighting over spawns in the same area.

This is a problem in a lot of areas, especially on the indoor planets. My solution: Find a different area with minimal obstacles for level grinding. It takes a little practice, and some planets are definitely easier to grind on than others.

I'm not on the Buddy Team so I can't speak to that, but I believe it is read 100% from the server. My guess as to the reasoning is that anything which works offline would be hackable.

Cheers,
      -D

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    15. 15outland

15outland New Member

Thanks for the information, very much appreciate it!

Be awesome to get CC GUI like HB has, be a lot more awesome, If it was more "User Friendly"

16. Lockwood

Lockwood Member

I'd just like to see the 1-50 questing and 50 daily questing finished.

Not bothered about BW Dungeonbuddy or whatever.

Wokie up to my bot timed out standing next to a vendor with full inventory. So the Bot is not selling.

17. 15outland

15outland New Member

Didn't even know BW had a DungeonBuddy, or is that a future reference?

18. cylak12

cylak12 Banned

i will say this once again, even thought i seen dev post something about it, i couldnt be fuked reading all the posts.

This is Fact (dont comment , dont say its because this and that, its what happens everynight).

i will call my pcs in a number, number 1 being the best
      1. lucky to run buddywing overnight, but has a few times since last update.
      2. this peice of shit runs it all night when it runs without crashing, reformatted tonight, will know tomorrow.
      3. 5 year old pc, grpahic cards, gt250 or something like that, runs all night, slow but all night
      4. 7 year old pc, with a video card that is a gt450, which the fan fell out of and i removed it from the pc. recliped fan in and awat the pc went :), runs 24/7, extremely slow, and if it stops its only because the pc cannot handle it.

I hope this helps, i have said it time and time again, but thats the way it goes with me.

Enjoy devs and players :)

19. cylak12

cylak12 Banned

i find quicker machines run the bot faster, but for a shorter duration.

20. provokedbell

provokedbell New Member

any news on when bot will be available to buy again [h=3][/h]