• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • DayWalker Destruction Warlock CC

Discussion in 'Archives' started by wulfen, Mar 29, 2012.

1. wulfen

wulfen New Member

The update is done early and should be a large improvement over the last version in terms of speed and spell usage

2. UREG

UREG New Member

I can access the Settings & Tools at all after loading your CC

3. wulfen

wulfen New Member

i am guessing you mean that you cant access the settings & tools for HB?

i have been testing as i go running combat bot and it isnt giving me any problems... does HB lock up when this happens what does it do?

4. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

@wulfen

Tried your most up-to-date version of Daywalker. It echos in HB that it's casting spells, but the only spell I've seen it cast is Immolate and Corruption. I've watched the mob frame for DoTs, and I've watched for cast bars on my toon. The only cast bar that ever shows up is Immolate. I did see it cast Shadow Bolt one time through the entire time I was running it. It's still getting that "Invalid Target" error as well. It has a target selected, but I get spammed with "Invalid Target" until I either move it, or start combat with a completely different target.

I made sure that all the spells I have are used in the CC, and the spells I don't have are set to "Never" in the CC. It may also be that the options aren't saving? I noticed that whenever I set the "Drain Life" spell options, they never save and always revert to the default, which is blank.

Attached Files:

5. wulfen

wulfen New Member

[7:49:57 PM:541] Chose DayWalker Warlock(0.2.0) by Wulfen as your combat class!

your HB is having a butt load of errors... and you are still running 0.2.0

a lot of what you are experiencing is fixed in 1.0.0... at 85 i am not having any of the problems you are describing... starting a new warlock now to test... will update the update if i can find anything wrong

zeldrak likes this.
    6. zeldrak

Weird. Do you have a new SVN or download link? The version that HB says I'm using is 2.0.6 when I select my CC to use. And yeah, I don't know what's going on with my HB. I'm going back and forth with Tony right now because it won't stop crashing WoW, even after I deleted the entire HB folder and reinstalled everything.

Ok, so let me just delete the Daywalker folder I have in the HB/CC section, and I'll just start over with yours completely. My apologies.

Edit: I downloaded the newest version, 1.0.0, unzipped it and placed it into the HB/CC folder, closed and reopened HB, chose the class, and was told that I'm missing lots of files. I posted a log, and it starts here: [9:33:19 PM:668]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
    7. zeldrak

After spending a few minutes on TeamViewer with wulfen the issues I was having were worked out completely. It seems as though my virus protection was interfering with some of the CC files in Daywalker. I'm running it now and it's working really well, options are saving, and all spells are being cast. It looks perfect.

Wulfen's a very patient and helpful person. +rep to you, Wulfen, and nice job on the working (finally, lol) CC!

8. Kickrockz

Kickrockz New Member

I just used this last night on the dummies for quite a while. My warlock is in mainly Pvp gear. So not expecting high numbers. But I was just messing with settings and different bot bases.

I used this on raid bot, combat bot, and lazy raider. Only raid bot caused me too lag any amount. But even with the lag, the dps was the highest. Obviously I need to tinker more with the settings. But which bot base do you use with this cc?

And is the lag issue because of raid bots 30 fps lock? Just wondering. Great work by the way!

9. wulfen

wulfen New Member

I have mainly used it for quest bot and the combat bot for testing/debugging... And yes raid bots frame lock causes issues... Combat bot usually puts up better dps for me than raid bot. And better frame rates! Plus I am running the glue plugin with the HB ticks set to 30 and hoping to experiment with even higher

So for dung I turn on lazy raider in the cc options and use combat bot and disable EVERY PLUGIN except for glue

10. mksilva

mksilva New Member

Sorry for the dumb question but...glue?

11. Venus112

Venus112 New Member

You should use RaidBot for raiding if you have a good computer, that can manage the framelocks.
      My old computer was almost crying when i turned on RaidBot
      But my new has no problems whatsoever

12. wulfen

wulfen New Member

raidbot will function the same as lazyraider /combat bot except minus the plugin pulse... so here is my understanding of how a framelock works we will use raid bot as an example...

Raidbot is designed to run at 30 ticks per second which i understand to mean it forces the CC to be executed in a single frame and at 30 FPS the "LOCK" part of that prevents Wow from rendering the next frame until the CC has completed and entire pass.

if you care to check... start up any CC in raidbot and check wows FPS it will hover around 29-31 the entire time HB is running. HB is what is causing wow to seem like it is lagging with this CC and no amount of computing power will fix it so long as it is run in a 30FPS LOCK

13. Kickrockz

Kickrockz New Member

Yeah that much I understand. But as they have said in prior post. I think it has to do only with the cc. Because when I raid or do heroics or w.e. I always use raid bot. And I never lag or skip frames. Either way I'll use lazy raider or combat for your cc. I enjoy it too much.

14. wulfen

wulfen New Member

I think the problem with some of the CCs including mine is the way they handle induction spells... Basically the thread sleeps which is what causes those missed frames I am working out a way around that while still avoiding useless spamming of spells during inductions along side pvp logic

dezaint likes this.
    15. wulfen

wulfen New Member

Time for an updated on the state of the PVP logic... been trying for 3 weeks to get a reliable PVP rotation together with absolutely no success... DPS sucks in PVP and i cant get anything to be reliably cast...

not giving up on PVP just going to take some time to figure it out

16. wulfen

wulfen New Member

New Update Guys!
      should improve DPS and some other background stuff... but more DPS!!

17. zeldrak

@Wulfen
      Hey, are you going to leave this as a "Destruction Only" CC, or will you perhaps implement other specs into this as well? ust curious. I still use this when I'm using destro, but a modified demonology.cs/common.cs for Singular when using demo.

Edit: Oh, I do have one request, and it shouldn't be too hard to do. Can you suggest a talent build/glyph set that this CC will work exceptionally well with? I always have issues with getting a CC to work its best because I'm sure when the creators make it they do so based on their own toons, which are generally not spec'd and glyphed the same as everyone else. Just thought that if you posted the optimal build and glyph set suggestion that your CC would work its best.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    18. wulfen

wulfen New Member

presently it should support destruction and affliction for the most part adding in demonology wouldnt be to difficult i will respec and figure out how to play demo i probably already have most of the code in place

19. zeldrak

I don't know how much it would help, but if you take a look at the Singular thread, on the last page, there's a link to a modified demonology.cs and common.cs. I know nothing about code, so I have no idea what I'm reading, but maybe you could look at them and get an idea?

Edit: Also, if you use them for anything at all, here's an EJ Demonology link, updated for 4.3: Demonology Warlock for 4.3 Cataclysm

Edit 2: This is the post that I was referring to, but the attachments are named "Attachment" since the poster quoted the original poster. Here: Look for the two attachments in the quoted text

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    20. wulfen

wulfen New Member

yeah was just looking at that... checking the singular rotation against it

i can work that rotation into the CC no problem will take maybe a week...for testing

currently waiting for blizzard to answer a support tickets so i can start leveling my second lock... stupid brutusk is out watering the bushes bug