• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • DeepsDK revamp - A raider DPS CC

Discussion in 'Archives' started by nuclear898, Dec 25, 2012.

1. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

Yeah I'm on EU.

Next version will have the option to choose between boss-detection from a list of boss IDs (this is the current situation, doesnt work for new bosses and adds during bossfights) or to enable or disable usage of cooldowns with a customizable hotkey.

Always open for more suggestions :D

2. daemon9

daemon9 New Member

I didn't get a chance to check yet, but is there detection for the tier 15 4pc bonus?

3. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

Nope, I've been out of the wow scene for a while so I don't know about those things, neither can I test it since I got banned and I'm in almost full bues... But I'll see what I can do :D

4. daemon9

daemon9 New Member

Oh shit...you didn't JUST get banned, did you? Yeah, the tier 15 4pc changes Soul Reaper's execute phase to 45% rather than 35%. I've been manually changing it in the previous versions. Just thought it would be something you might want to add.

5. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

Nah, I got banned a few months back for being greedy for ghost iron ore when there were loads of bans happening, and leaving gatherbuddy on for 18 hours... was my own damn fault...
      Ah thats easy then, I'll just add an option for it in the settings for now that lets you set the percentage to use soul reaper at (sometimes I prefer it at 36 or 37% when the group has good dps).

6. daemon9

daemon9 New Member

Also, this might be pretty complicated to code...not sure if you'd be interested in doing this...but right now there's two ways to play Unholy- The traditional way and Festerblight. In case you didn't know, Festerblight is basically applying your diseases via Outbreak or Unholy Blight when everything procs and using Festering Strike more often to keep these "super diseases" going for the whole fight. Because of this and the rune regen bug affecting Unholy more than any other spec, Unholy is "supposed to be" the top spec for dk's. Referenced here: Advanced Death Knight Tactics & Festerblight - Elitist Jerks

7. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

I've never heard of that before :O
      Don't diseases auto update when your stats change along with all other dot effects since cataclysm?

Anyway I might be able to allow the user to activate a special mode with a hotkey when trinkets pop , so it will immediately also use cooldowns and start the festerblight rotation untill deactivated again. As far as I see it's simply using festering strike instead of scourge strike?

8. daemon9

daemon9 New Member

Here's an excerpt from that Festerblight guide:

As you said, allowing the user to activate and deactivate a special mode just might be all it needs. I'm not well-versed in the ways of Unholy, otherwise I would be able to provide a little more insight on the rotation :(

9. daemon9

daemon9 New Member

From reading that guide, I guess they don't auto update...they only update when you refresh them.

10. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

Update to 1.3.0 beta.
      Saving settings got bugged and I can't fix it at this moment, still felt like I should release this and let people test Festerblight mode.

Edit: currently festerblight mode will keep diseases at 40 seconds, will have customizable option in next version.

11. Xcesius

Xcesius Community Developer

festerblight is also dead in 5.4 ^^ which is in 2 weeks

12. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

Oh well, I had fun programming it.

13. deeluxejon

deeluxejon Member

It works like a champ...great job

14. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

I found out there are still some bugs in the beta version, will be fixed tomorrow.

15. daemon9

daemon9 New Member

I don't see why the playstyle would be dead in 5.4. It's not like they're changing the disease mechanics, nor are they nerfing disease damage. Granted, rPPM trinkets won't be proc'ing as much, disease/buff management will just take some slight readjusting. Now, Unholy itself may be dead with the buffs they're planning to give Frost, but that's about it. The Festerblight playstyle will still be relevant...

16. Xcesius

Xcesius Community Developer

No it won't, the RPPM procs won't proc as much. There is absolutely no point of stacking up the dots and loosing dps while doing it

Mostly all fights are AoE fights like : Adds spawns all the time, adds is the fight itself, adds spawns at the start of the fight, adds spawns almost each min.

They also fixed Runic Corruption bug which caused the RPPM trinkets to proc more often, the unholy presence is now granting a flat 10% haste.

17. daemon9

daemon9 New Member

But isn't the point of Festerblight to apply the strongest diseases via Outbreak/Plague Strike/Unholy Blight and keeping them on the target throughout the fight using Festering Strike? I'm not sure what this has to do with the rune regen bug or the changes to UP. If you mean because the new raids contain a lot of adds throughout their fights, Festerblight will still have an application to these fights as well. Unless, of course, it's a fight like Megaera, where the heads just die too quickly for you to get your strongest diseases up to make a difference.

Festerblight existed before the rune regen bug was discovered, when Blood Tap and Runic Empowerment were viable talents for Unholy. The changes in 5.4 are irrelevant to the viability of Festerblight.

18. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

1.3.0 final released, please re-download 1.3.0.

19. Nik035

Nik035 New Member

love that you finally gave us the option to do the cd's ourselves but i do have a ? why when i d/l the new 1.3.0 does it say 1.2 in HB?

20. nuclear898

nuclear898 New Member

Yeah my mistake I forgot to update the version in the code. Its only a number though.