• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Did HB And Blizz Make A Deal?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by Bucharus, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. MrPewterSchmidt

MrPewterSchmidt New Member

If there was a deal you can be certain there are gag orders so you would never find an answer anyways.
      It is fair speculation considering the detection method was discovered back in march and ignored by HB devs.
      To be fair the detection method was thought to be a non threat for our applications but the way I see it there are 2 possibilities.

1. Collusion with Blizzard in which case we could never hope to know
      2. HB Devs just plain dropped the ball <-

I prefer to believe #2; collusion would set a difficult precedent for any future legal wranglings with Bossland.

The only way Blizzard would bargain with Bossland would be to attempt to acquire the rights to HB.

They have done this before and Bossland has been very clear that they have no intention of selling out.

anyways that's my .02

CP

2. bossland

bossland Administrator

There was no deal with Blizzard. The deal will be made by the judges of the supreme court, which will decide in ones favor.

Boywonder and killajosh like this.
    3. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

There is a possibility you left out. All me to add it:
      3. Blizzard used something no-one has seen before, something that we still don't have any information on, and therefore had the jump on us.

4. lilsavalex

lilsavalex Member

I'm surprised this whole thread wasn't deleted. Everyone knows the buddy community is censored heavily by the moderators.

Flacito likes this.
    5. djmio

djmio New Member

I must say right decision to turn of arena crs. Sorry guys player vs player means that u play human vs. human. If u are bad dont play arena its like all other games. if ur bad dont try to cheat vs other guys. but people who like honorbuddy to play wow, because the have not that time to do all the daylie stupid shit , for this people is honorbudy realy welcome. For myself use it to get free time. but dont use it to kill the pvp game.

6. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member Buddy Core Dev

Given that both Bossland and myself have replied, do you not think you are being a little unreasonable? Were you hoping we'd come around your home and talk to you personally or something?

Boywonder likes this.
    7. killajosh

killajosh Member

I have milk and oroes!

Boywonder likes this.
    8. Flacito

Flacito Member

I see where you're coming from, but you're forgetting one big thing: cheating in any form allows you to have an advantage over anyone not cheating. If you use it in arena, you might kill the PVP game, if you use it to farm materials to sell in AH, you might kill the economy, etc. So there really isn't a line were you say this is right, and this is wrong. Cheating is cheating, like a crime is a crime.

9. luxellion

luxellion New Member

It's easy to see the natural evolution of this topic. It took a long time for CRs to get to the point where they were viable in arenas. Lock target, blow CDs, and go HAM was about the best we could've hoped for from Singular - and it worked ok for BGs - you wouldn't top charts, but you weren't afk, either. And that's what the bot is supposed to do for you - grind out the boring shit so you can make a legit push with limited time.

It wasn't until private routines that anything was really useful for arenas. And you can bet those would get made and sold regardless of whether they were in the HB store.

Anyway, I get why Bossland made the decision, and I think it's a good one and hope it works. I don't see how anyone could be against this, honestly - unless you're a baddie crying over not being able to hit 2k legit.

EDIT: Because nobody likes a double-post:
      I kinda get what you're saying here, but I feel like there are different kinds of crime. There's capitol, there's felony, there's misdemeanors, and there's fines. Bots are certainly a gray area, but there are distinct shades of gray in that area.

The effect of farming bots on the in-game economy isn't really the same as the effect of bots on competitive, ranked PvP. We've had farmbots for years and the game & its economy endured. The effect of bots is severely mitigated by LCP and the current game design. I would say that dupes do more to kill the economy than bots. And I think that nearly all of us would agree that there's a line between bots and dupes, even if they're both cheating.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    10. face21

face21 Member

last I checked, it's their decision and this has been their stance since day one, people say richie's cr was for arenas, it was made for pvp in general, that's why it has things for bg mode, just because it also supported arena doesn't make it an arena cr, he was just covering his bases. Like everyone was pointing out when the ban hit, its called honorbuddy not conquest buddy. You can split hairs, so can I.

11. retardman

retardman New Member

i rarely come on this forum but literally everytime i do you have made a retarded tinfoil hat thread MrPewterSchmidt

lol

what if i told you the HB devs have lifes outside of honorbuddy and deep down really don't give a whole flying fuck if your account gets banned? your forum account is from 2013. you should be able to tell by now just from the lack of HB devs implementing new features to HB that they don't even try anymore.

12. MrPewterSchmidt

MrPewterSchmidt New Member

This isn't my thread buddy. Now you've gone and hurt my feelings. :'(

CP

13. Trance101

Trance101 Member

Yes Bossland and Blizz made a deal. Blizz has been pesuing the guy for years through courts etc trying to take all his money and destroy his business...now Blizz are paying him instead.

Fuck me.

14. Hellokitty12

Hellokitty12 Member

They did.

15. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

some people just dont get it...mother nature can be unfair sometimes

16. Boywonder

Boywonder Member

Lol, made me smile :)

17. WrathofGod

WrathofGod New Member

I don't know how to dk that could you om me about it?

18. Boywonder

Boywonder Member

Good, well done to you for sticking up for yourself and having the trial in Germany, wish you the best of luck.

19. retardman

retardman New Member

god bless your lil heart some how managing to avoid natural selection

20. jackisblack

jackisblack Member

please.. Lock this thread and let's forget this whas even here.. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.