• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Directx11

Discussion in 'Archives' started by topi4ek, Mar 30, 2011.

?

Are you using DX11?

1. Yep

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No, I'm using default dx9

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. WTF is that?

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. bmertler

bmertler Member

Im not trying to be mean but you just don't understand the dynamics of these. While the code remains to function in the same way visual things are rendered 100% differently.

2. cawpet

cawpet Member

This is a BOT. What, don't you people understand? You don't need DX11, at all. Better graphics? 5FPS moer? Great. That's totally useful for something that plays the game whilst you're AFK...

If you want good graphics when playing, have two WoW folders, one for DX11, one for DX9 which you use when botting/doing professions etc.

DX11 is compeltely unecessary for Buddy products. Please, never consider it until the year 2020.

3. seraphicxp

seraphicxp New Member

I understand the dynamics just fine on the rendering what I don't understand is why the bot is dependent on a DX mode at all, since it doesn't render any graphics.
      And as far as cawpet, says, that's just your point of view. I consider it a good function when it makes text clearer as well, as the graphics, also, I don't always afk, some people have multiple accounts.

4. sainter222

sainter222 Member

You missed the point completley here, so im going to point it out for you

People dont play world of warcraft so they can BOT only! The MAJORITY of people play wow for fun and bot to save time, also even if it is "just a bot" for you, dx11 gives increased performance. Your comment is invalid. TYVM

Any news on a dx11 versoin of the bot?

5. HB6268S52

HB6268S52 New Member

gtx580 here and i cant really find a use for it maybe if botting support dx11 finally will i get to really use the card....
      btw ive grown addicted to botting after getting hb lifetime lol... multiple account botting ftw.....fun for some reason

6. cawpet

cawpet Member

Your comment was less valid than mine. If they bot to save time and play for fun, two seperate WoW folders is still a better option than the devs going out of their way.
      If you bot on ultra settings, you're an idiot. *statement, not directed at anyone*
      If you have DX11 capabilities, you don't even need the performance increase DX11 usage would give. *becuase, as stated, you should be running on all low, otherwise, you're an idiot*

Ergo, DX11 is still useless for buddyproducts. Unless, there's something I'm missing here?

7. seraphicxp

seraphicxp New Member

Because only your opinion matters? Please. I asked simple questions I'm sorry you think that the world revolves around you.

Be Constructive or don't post, we have a word for people like you, I believe we call them trolls.

8. cawpet

cawpet Member

What is there to be constructive about? =\. It's like debating whether the batmobile should have wings. It works fine as is, but with wings, we could get more performance! Sure, we lose time while it's worked on and the result will have to be tested, but it's totally worth it right? Even though we don't need wings on the batmobile..... Oh wait, right, yeh, so what's the point again..?

Call me a troll all you like, I think the majority of people wanting this are just too lazy to swap between DX9 and 11 to bot or make two config.wtf files. Therefore, I choose to voice my opinion against such an upgrade :D.

9. znuffie

znuffie Banned

OK, this thread is derailing and I'd like a moderator to close it, to be honest, but I'll try to beat some sense into you, off what DirectX11/9 means regarding to the bot:

Yes, DirectX 11 would bring slightly increased performance and slightly better graphics. But this is a bot we're talking about. DirectX is also not used _JUST_ for graphics, as some users here seem to think. It's a lot more than that. Unless you understand the complexity of such a system, please refrain from making useless statements of how easier it would be to make HonorBuddy use DirectX 11 instead of 9.

Next question, the performance. I don't know if it's just my graphics card (which is just a mid-range Radeon HD 5750), but concurent DirectX11 applications seem to not play well. I can run 3xWoW in the same time (boting, that is) at 1600x900 on my GPU just fine with DirectX9. If I switch to DirectX11 and try to open up 2xWoW (or 2 any games, for that matter), both of them will lag like shit. I don't know the reason why this happens, but I'm not even going to look it up, as the majority of people don't really play 2 games in the same time, especially with DirectX11.

@Spudstar: no matter how much you want it, considering that WoW doesn't run natively on Linux, the posibility of a Mono compatible HB are null. HB uses really "complex" (if I may say so) parts of .NET (as Apoc once said, not his exacts words, anyway) that will never run on Mono.

.NET4 was discussed and it would make ALOT of sense, but from the product's point of view, there's ALOT of people that aren't that technical and they can't be arsed/tought/whatever to install .NET4 on their Windows XP computer (yes, unfortunatelly a large userbase still uses Windows XP right now). HB2 will never use .NET4. As for HB3... we never know.

So please, stop asking for a DirectX11 version - I was among the few first that requested such a feature, and I was given a fairly logical explanation. It's very low on the priority list, and to be honest, I'd prefer the team's time to be spent on something else.

Now, regarding the DX11 performance issue. If someone can confirm that on a higher-end card you can run 2xWoW (or more, for that matter) with DirectX11 enabled, please correct me if I'm wrong.

10. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

at the current time there is no plans from the buddy team to support DX11, there are more important things to focus on.

11. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

if you'd like to learn more about .net 3.5, 4.0, and dx9 and dx11, please use your favorite search engine.

atm we use:

.net 3.5 sp1
      dx9 (not dx11 or opengl)

12. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.