• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Do you report other bots?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Protease, Feb 28, 2011.

?

What do you do if you see another farming bot?

1. Nothing, leave them be. Botters shouldn't report other botters.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. Send a warning whisper/mail telling them to stop. Saves their account, scares them into stopping

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. Report them immediately

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. Tell /1 chat about them, have other people report them.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

yes if i find out they reported me i do it back

2. grizzlywin

grizzlywin New Member

I don't report for one simple reason. Someone already said it but it just drawls attention to the problem, why would we, as members of a botting community, want blizzard to put more effort into catching us. It shouldn't matter if your doing it to sell gold or just leveling toons so that you can keep up in classes but still play. To the people who farm to make money and report people, whats the value of the nodes you will get by reporting someone if next month you can't bot anymore and have to farm them by hand?

Thats why I don't report. Yes i'm a nub botter and i've made some mistakes and gotten lucky to not get caught, but in the end it doesn't matter if your using a public profile or not, ninja looting or not if you can't bot because they figure out some way to track use. Better yet they actually try to catch us because it's really easy to see a botter if you look at stats like time online, interaction w/ other players, current location(running same loop) etc etc.

kilan23 likes this.
    3. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

i m not doing it neither but if i find out another botter bothers me or reports me il do the same :)

4. Malice211

Malice211 Member

I would never report another player, ninja node turned on or not. I simply prefer to add them to my friends list. This makes it easier for me to track their movements. If there is an area that has half a dozen botters in it already, I will go to a less populated area to farm. I also find it fun to keep track of how long they bot for and how long until I stop seeing them come online anymore (i.e. suspended or banned). Reporting just draws too much attention to your own accounts and to me is too much like saying "you cant steal that because I wanted to steal it first!". were all of us breaking the TOS so why make Blizz's job easier in tracking us. Jusrt my two cents...

kilan23 likes this.
    5. grizzlywin

grizzlywin New Member

I gotta say I really like the friend's list idea lol

6. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

so you let him bot while he reported you for 100 procent if another botter sees you he wil report you i wil not give him the satesfaction to bot on while my account gets suspended

7. suntzzz

suntzzz New Member

To the people reporting people who ninja nodes..if you spend any time actually watching gb you'll notice that even with it turned on it will still ninja occasionally. I've never reported another botter as it would be too hypocritically of me.

kilan23 likes this.
    8. divinebull

divinebull New Member

I never report other botters, no matter what the case is. If they're using HB/IB/AB, why would you report them? What are they doing that's causing you harm? Nothing. Some profiles are smarter than the average player, thus enhancing game play, if not making it the same.
      As for gatherers, why would you care about what other botters do and sell? Afraid what it will do to your own market? What if you were to be reported? Just leave the reporting to the non-botters. They are the ones that are playing the game legitimately. If they have ninja nodes on, let them. They are easily detected by regular players that are farming nodes.
      Remember. Reported botters will likely be PO'd and report any other botters they see.

kilan23 likes this.
    9. Mario27

Mario27 Banned

thats what they all say i bet if u see another botter its /report

10. lickalime

lickalime New Member

Agreed

11. Malice211

Malice211 Member

The thing is, there are dozens upon dozens of botters on my realm, and those are the ones that I know of. So how would you ever tell who reported you or even if it was a botter and not just some regular player or if you were even banned due to player reports? Bots are not exactly difficult to spot with our pinpoint accuracy in landing exactly on nodes and what not. I also dont want Blizz checking into any of my accounts because I, for some reason, know what a bot is and looks like. Most players are stupid and thats a fact. Say the word bot and they ask, "Which dungeon is that?" The funny thing is, now BOT is a dungeon. :)

As I said, I attempt to track where the other botters are (friends list) to help limit my exposure to other bots and to not draw attention from Blizz by being in the same area as a dozen other bots at the same time. I could care less if I am gathering Obsidium ore or elementium Ore, Twilight Jasmine or Cinderbloom, or even old world mats and Outlands stuff on occasion. It all sells quickly and for 100% pure profit regardless of the sale price. So far I have not lost a single toon to GB use, knock on wood, and hopefully never will. I could get home today to find them all banned, or I could bot for two more years unnoticed...it’s a coin toss.

However, the last thing I want to do is to help encite a ban war between botters. Someone ninja your node? Maybe their bot doesn’t have the option to not ninja nodes? The bot I first started with certainly didn’t. Not everyone kows the glory of HB and GB. In the end, who really cares, its one little node and you will get another one soon enough. I have several different guilds attached to my bots and there is not a single one of them that has not got the 100,000 herb and mine achievement ages ago. I have hundreds of thousands of gold squirreled away in various guild banks, my toons have all the neatest toys and mounts and they have gear that gives other toons wet dreams! I am not going to rock the boat because of a few lost little nodes. I shall continue on, hidden, unnoticed, moving through the shadows, taking the slower path if necessary but always moving forward and coming out ahead. Again, just my two cents...

12. Jianyu

Jianyu New Member

So you have NEVER forced yourself through for your own good?

EDIT: I use ingame notepad to write down their names, then once in a while I log on my vanilla alt, and write in the guildchat (in a guild with like 600 members - generally 100-200 members online at a time) that XXX, XXX and XXX is botting.

Sorry to whoever this causes a loss, but how do I know you didnt report me yourself?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    13. kilan23

kilan23 New Member

Learn to share children.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    14. Impala

Impala Member

Anyone who reports a botter is a faggot and shouldn't bot themselves, you live in a glass house

15. kayes

kayes Active Member

Lol, are you serious?

16. Jianyu

Jianyu New Member

Dead serious.

At this moment, theres at least 4 botters running more or less the same profile as me - those I have not reported, yet. As you see its about 1/20 in here who report fellow botters - why should one of those 4 not be one of them - getting me in trouble? Shoot, or get shot.

kilan23 - thats an utterly retarded example.. It should be: Jews are out to kill me, I might as well kill them first.

HOWEVER, in this instance the "kill" is regarding a game, which is a bit less serious, dont you think?

17. ross2000

ross2000 New Member

This thread is so pointless...

18. Thumped

Thumped New Member

I would not say pointless at all. It gives a bit of insight about how other botters are thinking...I agree with Malice211, I don't report them for snatching a node or 2 or 10 from me, that's a bit silly IMO. I don't keep track of who is botting or their names, however if their toon is of the same faction as mine I might whisper them and let them know if their bot is being retarded or acting really bottish...as far as using the same profile as me, not going to happen. There are way to many plugins that let you create your own or even stepping through one by hand is still so easy...less risk of being seen as a botter IMO. Out of sight out of mine...

19. Meatyfrog

Meatyfrog Member

No this thread is pointless, it just turns into a troll fest and gives shocking insight into how rudimentary lessons of (sharing) are ignored with anonymity(the internet) is involved. It also proves that people will indeed go to great lengths to get what they want as long as they don't know who they are hurting. IMHO this thread needs to be eradicated from the forums.

20. Ryriemiin

Ryriemiin New Member

I generally just leave them alone because I would hope that they would do the same to me, botters shouldn't be fighting against each other or reporting each other, just like world of warcraft we're still a community that has to stick together against all the other non botters out there!

*edit*

P.S Jianyu is a traitor report him!

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.