• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Does your guild know about your bot?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by hazard, Aug 18, 2011.

?

Does your guild know about your bot?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. Filfa

Filfa New Member

Yes, my guilds know :p well.. at least my core raid group knows... I suuly them with fish for feasts ... duhh :p who would hand fish 10 stacks of each of the fish needed a night c:

My old guild most of us botted.. so we all discussed it out of game

2. Yuzak

Yuzak New Member

I d'not tell anyone about bot using, only if i know some gamers long time ago :)

3. Jackels

Jackels Member

Normally I am pretty discreet about botting but I transferred to a new server and was low on gold so I was at it pretty hard, an officer got suspicious and asked me about it so I came clean. Their only concern was if I was going to crash the market, I explained that I only bot enough on the server I play on to cover raid expenses, my main botting is done on a high pop server elsewhere to cover the cost of my wow subscriptions.

Then we struck a deal, since he had all the crafting professions maxxed, after he and I took care of crafting everything needed for our core raid group each week that if I supplied him with the mats he would craft everything, auction them, and we'd split the profits.

He got curious about how I pay for wow with gold, I referred him to Pr3cious on Ownedcore but they said there wasn't a market for gold on the hordeside of our server. So we struck another deal, I'd farm enough gold off server to cover some gametime for him and he'd pay me on the one we play on. So sometimes it's beneficial to come clean, you may find some people really don't give a shit and now my entire raid core knows I bot.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    4. panYama

panYama Community Developer

You do know that in this deal your the one that lost by the long run and the guild leader has you by a cord.
      He profits of you and thus doesn't need to buy good or do anything intensive to farm. He can turn tides around and screw you over whenever he feels like it.

Sent using Tapatalk, may contain typos!

5. Mavrick07

Mavrick07 New Member

Yea that might have gotten you off the hook in the short run but as soon as you stop supply him with stuff, even if you get lazy with botting. he will begin to think something is up and still want his cut... or he will get you cut

6. AutomaticCoding

AutomaticCoding Banned

I'm the owner of my guild, it consists of 40 players.

My 10 toons
      My mate's 10 toons
      My mate's brother's 10 toons
      My mate's brother's twin brother's 10 toons

Everyone in the whole guild bots, everyone has full access to the guild bank, everyone just dumps cash in and withdraws without thinking. We don't mind it one puts in 2k worth of ore then the next day takes out 20k worth of stuff, because, we're all friends and we're just like "it's just a game, and, I'm sure he'll give more to the guild bank sometime or another".

Really useful, only bad thing is the bot doesn't by default use guild cash so for new toons I have to go withdraw like 5k to use for repairs 1-85 :(

Short answer: Everyone in my guild knows I bot.

7. Jackels

Jackels Member

Doesn't matter to me, the GM isn't taking advantage and the officer has just as much to lose as I do if I report him for gold trading for RaFs. Besides, takes maybe a single day to take care of the guild raid consumables, I can spare a day.

8. HB2090L69

HB2090L69 New Member

I tell people that are on my friends/b.net cuz they know im on all the time and never answer them.

9. jawn

jawn Member

I told my guild mates that I have a few *friends* that play on the server but don't talk and wante da place to hang out. They think its cool that my *friends* donate a ton of mats to the guild for letting them hang out. :)

10. HB2090L69

HB2090L69 New Member

Saying your brother/sister play works well too.

11. S_o_M

S_o_M Member

They have no clue they just think i raise up toons and make a lot gold. Not even thinking about my private buyers etc, cause i supervice my bot most of the time, not when im working

12. Thumped

Thumped New Member

A few of the officers knew I botted, but i gave a lot to the gbank in the way of mats and gold. Plus if anyone was leveling a profession i would give them mats...the mass of the guild thought that my wife and daughter were playing and they were "shy". I even told them at one time when my daughter did bad in school i would make her farm for me as punishment...

simply answer: a few knew i bot...

13. EliteScouter

EliteScouter New Member

I am an officer of a guild. Once people heard I was botting they umm asked me where to buy it so I pointed them here =)

The only downside is all my guildies bot at night at same time as me and jack my spots!!! But yeah if people want to know about it I point em this way and usualy it means business for honorbuddy team and more people on the dark side =)

14. Kronz

Kronz New Member

I trust no one with these things so no one has beaten a confession out of me yet.

I am sure tho, that it would be a bright idea no matter if they know or not, to always donate to your Guild Bank. You don't know if they suspect you or not, so some solid donations to the Bank should keep them silent and they will look the other way.

Just like in the real world.

15. S_o_M

S_o_M Member

You wanted to say the good, bright and fun sight of life :D
      Botting is more fun for me than playing myself , dk why just funny to see what he does.
      When people in my guild need gold they always come to me and I give them, they are quiete even though they know I make a lot of gold every day. (not a goldfarmer, just 10-20k a day) Guess they get confused when they say GZ when I get a archievement and I dont respond.

16. doomcat

doomcat Member

trol i'm a guild owner xD WHIT 230 PPL and the love me free gold for my guild :p

17. ysosrslawl

ysosrslawl New Member

im the GM of a serious raiding guild and all of my raiders know it and just give me shit about it. But they all also know that when im farming it goes towards the G Bank and i dont have extreme amounts of materials or gold I use it more as a utility because I dont have time to do it myself. Aside from that I do everything else in game on my own. Which confuses me when i see a lot of people on these forums who "play" wow when really they dont do anything but run the bot...How is it even playing then lol

18. owaru

owaru New Member

a long time ago on a different account, different realm, and even with a different bot, my guild leader knew that i was botting but didnt care. all he asked was for me to farm the fishing mats or deposit some gold for the guild for various raids or stuff that the guild might need later on. but then again, i knew my guild leader for a long time and when i started botting, he caught on in like literally, 3 days. ;)

19. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

Oh hey this question again

20. quinten

quinten New Member

negative