• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Downtime for 6.0.2 Patch on 14/15.10.2014

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by crack00r, Oct 10, 2014.

1. razer

razer New Member

I dont see a new graphics engine coming for WoW :p but I do see a lot of changes and maybe another 50 crap expansions. Problem with the new engine idea way to much of their crowd play on old pc's and laptops and they even kept the old character models in so that if your pc cant handle the new ones you can use the old haha.

2. jordi1104

jordi1104 New Member

I see COD franchise stopping sooner then WOW.

3. razer

razer New Member

I never said it was stopping haha, its a MMO and one of the first that really picked off. As for COD I dont play that crappy game.

4. blueline1337

blueline1337 New Member

[video=youtube_share;XwamV1fbYQk]http://youtu.be/XwamV1fbYQk?list=PLD8A3DB2C753248EE[/video]

5. razer

razer New Member

Well dont expect much from bliztard. People are already crying about the details in the characters is to much for their pc, a new game engine would take them at least 5+ years to make esp for being a mmo and that would mean remake everything. Way to much money :p Their focus is on the new heroes of the storm and some WOD

Also the 6 million lost was not due to the detail in the game it was due to making crappy expansions. People dont like change so they leave. Also this age of gaming is for the casuals mmo's are becoming casual based, no more 12 hour days trying to kill a boss and farming a rep over and over that used to take months.

Its all for the casuals now just take a look at WOD and garrisons they can do dungeons for you and raids. It will never be as big was it was once before.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    6. jordi1104

jordi1104 New Member

You mean blizzard gets left behind?

7. volkvin

volkvin New Member

"In the meantime, we wanted to bring up an issue we’re looking into with Worgen skin options. Worgen (or Gilnean, if you prefer) characters are pretty unique in that their customization options are linked between each form (Human and Worgen). As work progressed on updated character models for 6.0.2, there was an error in how we numbered the texture files used to set which skin tones are linked between them. Some Worgen players out there are seeing a pretty stark mismatch, which is due to the game simply pointing at the wrong texture file. While it’s a simple error, it does require a client-side change to correct. We’re in the process of working on a client side patch to address this and a few other issues, and we’re working to get that out tomorrow if possible."
      6.0.2 Hotfixes: October 14 - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

So, another patch tomorrow most likely. Another reason to believe HB will be down at least until thursday.

8. getmunch

getmunch New Member

Pc requirements have jumped a lot since vanilla.......they just cant go to cutting edge graphics or they would leave a lot of subs behind......they are using a sweet spot in the middle i think

9. razer

razer New Member

Yes it is... lol If game companies did not care about peoples old pc's they would of only kept one setting in their game for graphics but people dont buy pcs every year now and its getting even more rare for people to upgrade their pc. So no matter what blizzard wants to keep the people with low end pcs. Hell even the other AAA titles have very low detail in their games to keep everyone happy.

I could go into detail about this but im not going to bother. But when making games we look at the lower denominator first then scale up.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    10. razer

razer New Member

We talking about games not a tv. If you knew anything about game design you would understand that we always start with the lowest denominator which is low end pc or consoles. That way we can get as much buyers as possible. We would not go all the way back 10 years but we do find what is still being used and what % is using that and all in all its more low end then high end.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    11. razer

razer New Member

Of course :) but its like anything, cars, pcs, Tech. I dont see everyone driving a 2015 mustang over a old 2003 hatchback of some sort lol. Or everyone buying google glasses due to the fact its the new tech but maybe in 20 years everyone will be wearing them who knows :)

12. Macatho

Macatho New Member

I remember in the mid 90s when you had to buy a new computer every 2-3 years. I've now had my computer for like 4 years and its still very nice (2500k with a gfx 580gt). I am really grateful that the game software companies are not pushing high end graphics like they used to. But at the same time I am sad because that means less money to the tech industry which means slower research of new cpus/gpus etc...

Now you're gonna get my nostradamus prediction: The same thing will happen to cell phones, atm everyone is changing their phones every 2 years to the BBD, bigger better deal...This will follow the exact same course as PCs, in a few years people wont bother buying a new phone, because the old one works just fine.

ps. I hope the crap game companies like King (candy crush) etc just go out of business.

13. razer

razer New Member

I hope they dont and I know they will not :) as King gives me a shitton of cash :D But yea I havent updated my phone for 3 years and I am still run the latest.

14. jordi1104

jordi1104 New Member

How so?

15. Clubwar

Clubwar Member

6 hours from the last update

16. Myminime

Myminime New Member

..... Keep calm and drink bier...

17. Sphero

Sphero Member

It's funny how people actually fight over the question "how long will it be down?" :D
      It is totally normal that we have to expect a downtime and it always was faster then most of us expected - i have faith in what the devs are doing and i know they will only release a safe bot. I admire that!

So - there are plenty of things to do before i even can think of a situation where i really need the bot. I build a new UI, my bank needs to be cleared (on lots of Alts too) and so on... then we can play around with the new stuff and actually learn to play them ;) Doing the new Quests and what not...

18. laria

laria Well-Known Member

It is always difficult to balance the two extremes "release early, with most of the stuff still being untested and broken" and "release late but well tested"

19. Gaaldornick

Gaaldornick Member

Yea, all 15 of the very underwhelming quests and the underwhelming recreation of UBRS lol. Thankfully been using the time pretty productively outside the game instead.

20. Clubwar

Clubwar Member

I cant take more red bull [emoji36]