• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Extreme Lag normal?

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Forum' started by thorfin32, Jul 7, 2012.

1. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Swizzie has a very important but subtle point with his assignments. Everyone needing this technique to address a lag problem should be aware of his point.

What Windoze reports as a "Core" isn't really a core--its the equivalent of a hardware "thread". If you consult Intel or any other hardware manufacturer, they will say the same 8-core processor that Windoze reports has only 4 cores.

I'll forego the hardware explanation, but the jist is...
      Windoze "Core" 0 & 1 are hardware Core 1
      Windoze "Core" 2 & 3 are hardware Core 2
      Windoze "Core" 4 & 5 are hardware Core 3
      Windoze "Core" 6 & 7 are hardware Core 4​

When you make affinity assignments, try to make certain the processes sit on different "hardware cores", if possible. If this is not possible, splitting the processes across hardware threads (what Windoze reports as a "Core") is good, but not as good as splitting across hardware Cores.

cheers,
      chinajade

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    2. in2fun

in2fun New Member

Heya China. Innerspace has ability to set to diff cores. Do you know if this works properly?
      Dont think can seperate the game up, but since I dual box. Have 1 on core 1 2. 2nd on 3 4

3. Jon310

Jon310 Member

I was able to find a semi automated way to handle this. I used prifinitty to automatically set both swtor processes to 0 and 1, and buddywing to 2 and 3. I couldn't find a way to get the 2 swtor processes to different cores using this tool, but I am running with no lag having both swtor processes on the same two cores and buddy wing on separate cores. Sucks having to run another program, but its easier than setting the affinity manually every restart.

Hope this helps someone.

4. sakusa

sakusa New Member

will this "struggle" get any attention on future builds?

just asking because right now buddy wing does not run smooth,
      the lags are just to heavy.

even setting the swtor.exes on different cores same with the bw.exe does improve it sometimes,
      but sometimes the lags go on (and yes i am talking about physcal cores and not virtual ones/threads, even giving the 3 exes higher priority does not change anything)

these lags further ruin the navigation (bot running in walls) and the combat (mobs take double the time to get killed).
      stopping buddywing does immediately let swtor running smooth again.

will try it out tomorrow on my other rig with an i7 in it,
      but this "lag-feature", the navigation server issues and the non-existing communication from the devs
      on any of this problems, further features or what they work on currently (spacebot maybe?!)
      setting this bot on a "not to recommend" status from my pov.

i know db got out shortly, hb users are asking for an update since month,
      but according to kick and other mods, all bots have their own dev crew,
      so why is the bw dev crew not talking to their customers then...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012