• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • EzFrost - Cold as Ice

Discussion in 'Archives' started by mastahg, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Blinkpoolz2

Blinkpoolz2 New Member

I'd recommend removing Obliterate fromm the rotation.
      I have specced and tried both and its much better to stack mastery after strength and remove obliterate entirely.
      Obliterate is a physical attack and is mitigated by armor, its also costs a lot of runic power.
      Howling blast and Frost strike are magical attacks and so ignore armor, plus mastery boosts their damage a lot.
      You simply use howling blast to apply a slow, do damage and build runic power, you use necrotic strike to also build runic power and use your green runes. As soon as your runic bar is full pop damage talent or trinket or both and empty your runic bar spamming Frost strike.

Full details here: Tika - Dual Wield Frost Spec Overview - Skill Capped

2. imdasandman

imdasandman Active Member

Um... Obli does not cost any RP to cast just one UH and one FR rune... Expensive yes... But when your target is at 35% or lower HP and you get a KM proc you will line up 60k+ obli's... just make obil lower on the priority list and make KM proc'd oblit higher on the priority list.

Also you should not ever use a bot base program to run your rotations at high level pvp brackets or you will honestly be ineffective... If you want auto interupts get a plug in for it or even use PQR rotations.

3. Branders92

Branders92 Member

This CC is Awesome! And the movement is perfect I love this one. can let my dk run without problems in AV and topping the damage/ killing blows :D

4. Blinkpoolz2

Blinkpoolz2 New Member

One frost rune = a howling blast, one unholy rune = a necrotic strike, both do good damage AND give you runic power (obviously the necrotic comes mainly via the healing it blocks).

Also you maintain a snare via the HB glyph hence doing away with the desecration talent and having to get two poisons up for obliterate. Obliterate is not good against plate classes. You drop the oblit glyp and swap it with icy touch which combined with the mastery stacking does more poison damage than Virulence.

Dual wield hits more frequently so you get more Killing Machine procs, so your doing more frost strikes due to spamming Howling blast and necrotic for runic and also getting runic from Scent of blood.
      The frost strikes are critting more due to more Killing Mach. procs, Frost strike also hits with the offhand weapon and is also boosted when the enemy is lower than 35% AND it is also ignoring all armor.

If your hitiing people for 60k they are wearing no resilience.

Speccing into blade barrier, which is nearly always up, is like having approximately 500 resilience, so you can get away with 3500 - 3700 resil and hence have good strength.
      With scent of blood adding to your runic accumulation your are never starved for runic power and can keep up a lot of pressure.

I've played both in arena. But the preference is yours. I found oblit of little use other than very rarely againgst a low cloth wearer but frankly I found it easier and quicker to blow them up with frost strikes.

But bottom line, if youve tried both specs and prefer oblit. then so be it.

I run with 3700 resil, 16% mastery and about 10500 AP unbuffed and before using Pillar of frost and/or a trinket.
      It tears things up more easily as Im not bothering to apply two poisons or waiting for a suitable moment to use oblit against a clothy.

You run in unholy for the haste and run speed, and it gives a faster global cooldown on spells.
      It also means your runic bar is fills fast not only for damage but also should you need to use it to heal via lich.

I just figured it would create an easier more efficient bot routine dropping the oblit and extra poison requirement and using runes and runic power more efficiently.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
    5. impro

impro New Member

Whenever I run the bot in AV, using W00t's AV profile, my bot just runs around and never attacks anything. I'm not sure what to do since it will fight mobs perfectly. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be great :(

6. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

Oblit is only used when you have a killing machine proc

7. mastahg

Post logs

8. punisher775

punisher775 New Member

Mastahg,
      will we ever see an addition to the CC that will make it use Death pact at like 50% hp or something like that? need more survivability.

9. Blinkpoolz2

Blinkpoolz2 New Member

Is it possible to add in the use of 'Lifeblood' please? which comes from having herbalism, it doesnt share cooldown with trinket and adds a lot of haste.

10. Knutti

Knutti New Member

Hi i am new to HonorBuddy, cant find out where to put the ezfrost.cs file. could any1 help me?

11. punisher775

punisher775 New Member

Open your honorbuddy folder, go into Custom classes and just drag and drop it in there. once you start your bot simply click start and select Ezfrost 7.6 :) make sure you select BG bot if you want to farm BGs as i find it works best with this CC.

Mastahg, do you think you could make it necrotic strike more against healers, and against teams with healers in them.

maybe run a check like "Target has earth shield so resto shaman is present, incresing necrotic strike priority"
      and maybe look if the target has hots, heals, or anything like that. that could be a simple solution to this.

it doesnt do necrotic strike enough.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    12. mastahg

necrotic strike is already #1 in priority, if it has the runes to cast it, it will use that above all else.

13. punisher775

punisher775 New Member

i feel stupid now. sorry, it just seems when i fight against mirror teams in arenas they always seem to do it so much more than me.

apologies for critisizing something that was already fine, this is amazing CC man. im loving it so much. got hot streak and 1500 rating off this. <3
      keep up your amazing work.
      Edit yeah necrotic strike defenitely works more than fine. i just didnt even notice healers were outhealing it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    14. mastahg

Updated first post to have recommended plugins

15. mastahg

0.7.7:
      Try and fix pulling

16. Iamshiver

Iamshiver New Member

DUDE! Use the fucking search function. It has to be inside your CustomClasses, as it's your class file, that's common sense!

17. flippyirl

flippyirl New Member

what a douche!

18. punisher775

punisher775 New Member

wow lol what a douche, i answered him politely there was no need for your rude comment, go troll elsewhere.

19. Iamshiver

Iamshiver New Member

Where were the rudeness in my comment? I just asked him to just the search function. This thread is for the class, now a F.A.Q.

20. imdasandman

imdasandman Active Member

Shiver maybe the part where you said "DUDE! Use the fucking search function."

But as punisher said gtfo