• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • FelHunter - Raid/Dungeon CC

Discussion in 'Archives' started by falldown, Aug 16, 2011.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

I will definetely test it out, but where is it? i dont mind being your guinea pig lol. Quick question, what do you think is the biggest impact on increasing dps?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    2. falldown

falldown Member

It's in the same post, sorry, forgot the save it after I added it

3. falldown

falldown Member

You can disable Deterence and Feign death by addign // infront of the lines, they're in
      FelMaster/Classes/Hunter and marksmanship.cs

should be easy to find in there, it says CastSpell("feign death") etc. Just add // infront of them, like you see with few others there.

What comes to multishot, please let me know where it shouldn't be used, I can't quarantee I can make it so selective but maybe I can improve it somehow?

(download is in my last post, I'll add it to main thread too shortly)

4. Frangush

Frangush Member

An example for when Multishot was being used when it should not have was on Lord Rhyolith. During a couple of the attempts I was called upon to assist in DPSing the Right or Left leg to have him turn. I was noticing that Multishots were being done which ended up hitting both legs essentially making all I was doing null.

Keep in mind I understand that Multishot should only be going off when 3+ adds are around, it's quite possible that with the extra adds running around that it was targeting one of them and added them in .. Being able to turn off Multishot completely would eliminate that factor.

When I get home from the office today I will give 2.4.2 a shot and see how DPS and rotation has changed if any and also look at editing out the feign death and deterence.

Thanks again

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    5. falldown

falldown Member

Aight, Ill definetly look into being able to disable multi-shot and maybe some other features, I think its possible with this Felmaster base with some macro so yeah :D
      Thanks for the idea :p

6. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

i can open .cs with notepad, correct? so when i get home i can add in front of feign death and deterrence // so it wont use it. Im still using SV for normal daily quest, while MM for dungeons, and one day raiding.

7. falldown

falldown Member

You can, though I recommend notepad++, but normal notepad will open it fine.
      I use my BM with lazyraider for dailies and shit, it's basically a threat build with my pets threat rotation so it's really easy to keep all targets on pet :p

8. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

really? for dailies? i though lazyraider was only for instances. You cant imagine how much i hate doing dailies, lol.

Hey fall, so last night i ran Zul'Gurub Heroics with a friend of mine whos a hunter too. Both of us use Sambas as pet.

In The DPS box, those are the result at the end of the run.

My friend is the first one and i am the third one. Using your CC and lazyraider.

Do know he talent class is SV and mine is MM.

Now my gear is 9400 while his gear is 8800. What do you think could be the issues? If you have any other question let me know.

(pick of the game, after the run, but kept all information)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
    9. xployt

xployt Member

Dragonfire, i suggest you delete that screenshot. It took me about 45 seconds to figure out your server, guild, and name. Try to be more private than that....

10. xLegendx

xLegendx Active Member

Well, my 9400 GS hunter does 20k+ DPS >_>

11. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

@ xploytX well i guess i can see how you got your name lol. But anyhow, is ok, i cant delete it any longer. It wasn't implanted within my account so is now floating around.

@ xlegendx, and that is what i mean, with such gs i should be able to hit that much. And as xploit said can you delete my link please.

12. falldown

falldown Member

I can't see anything wrong with the log, it's using all the spells at least. I don't know if you're targeting the right people or switching between targets fast enough or something like that, my gearscore is 9100+ and I think I can do at least that much dps >_>

I'll try that dungeon tomorrow see if I can do better than you, if yes then there's definetly something going on here :p

Obviously use controller, if you know how to play is going to produce better dps since how you should play often depends on the situation. Though It might be that my "rotation" (it's a priority list to be exact) isn't perfectly fine tuned, so if you notice the rotation doing something different than what you feel like it should be doing then please let me know. I'm in no way an expert with hunter or with any class for that matter so if you have any suggestion or ideas for improvement I'd gladly take them :D

13. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

ill let you know, ill take a good look at it. So far, and i have come to learn what to hit. I pretty much target whatever is targeted by tank.

Also, this website rocks on getting some information. I place it already at the rotation link. Know, this are single target dps, at the bottom are multiple target.

Marksmanship Hunter DPSing Rotation - (4.2) World of Warcraft Class Guide

14. falldown

falldown Member

I've been trying to rework the basic rotation abit, it now casts chimera in CA or rapidfire phase only to redebuff serpent sting, and on CD normally (at least if it can).

I'm gonna do some more testing though, gotta make sure it doesn't get focus capped and that it's always casting at least something.

15. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

yea i can understand what you are doing falldown. Funny thing to say, last night i did again ZulGurub, i was doing nothing less than 16k which is cool. But if i ever will stop the bot, because i had to manually freeze someone and prevent from multi shot being shot, after that, when i will restart the bot, i will hit around 20k-22k, that after 5-6 trash it will go down to 15-16k lol. I will stop it, restart, and again 20k-22k. Weird, isnt? again, just giving you some stories.

16. falldown

falldown Member

It's not really weird, hunters do good burst damage at start which shows as high dps but it stabilizes after a while, tbh you shouldn't worry so much about DPS, rather look at the damage you're doing, if you're seriously falling behind when you're at the same levels as other then there's a problem.

Also if you just enable trap launcher the CC will stop all actions allowing you to freeze someone, you dont have to turn it off, though with multi-shot you might have to, there are some situations where multi-shot will be used even if not wanted, but I'm working on allowing the user to decide when multi-shot / aeo attacks are enabled and when not.

17. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

well the good thing, is that for the last 3 dungeons, i have come either top, second or third, so its a good thing, especially after think SV was great and you changed my mind. Last night i had the top damage done, i did 39% of the whole dungeon. Which is good, so im telling you, your CC is doing great. A few more tweaking and it will be even better.

18. quel

quel Member

Would this work for pvp btw? :>

19. falldown

falldown Member

Not really, PVP is sort of difficult for a bot to handle, too complex.

20. ShortRound

ShortRound New Member

Just pulled this and renamed all references to FelHunter so HB doesn't get confused with the new FelMaster CC. Going to play around with my own priority lists now, maybe try to get a decent survival CC up and running. Lock n' Load procs are causing me some problems.

I like the trap logic, it actually works and doesn't pull random groups like the new FelMaster. Any chance of passing the fix over to cowdude?
      A minor detail - the CC only uses traps for AoE, unless trap launcher is manually triggered, right? Is there a chance for a fire/explosive trap to be worked into the normal rotation for single targets? Does the countenemies logic refer to hostile mobs, or all mobs?

For PVP, we might need a way of making traps 'drop short', what would this require in terms of programming?