• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • FelMaster - the anti-button-mashing CC for LazyRaider/Combat bots

Discussion in 'Archives' started by cowdude, Aug 20, 2011.

1. ripglider

ripglider New Member

I have a question someone may be able to answer. I want to start running my Aff lock through the new heroics. I've got full Ruthless and some actual PVE gear but not too much. I ran a LFR and was pulling about 15k using Zerfall's CC. Is anyone else using this CC or another CC for Warlocks that they think is working well? I don't mind switching specs but all my gear is reforged for Aff. I put this in your thread since your CC does locks, which I have downloaded just haven't tried yet.

2. theatristformallyknownasG

theatristformallyknownasG Active Member

reforging is easy, don't let that put you off http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear

G

3. ripglider

ripglider New Member

That's the site I use for reforging. I was just saying I have everything reforged for Aff PVP. I don't want to reforge back and forth to run different specs. When I get more PVE gear I'll reforge everything to go with the best Lock CC. As in whatever spec the best CC is for.

4. theatristformallyknownasG

Ah, understand now. Don't worry about looking like a dork while running for gear, people understand this, just use whatever is your best gear and run a heap of the new 5 mans, (just say, sorry about the gear guys, trying to get some decent drops everytime you start a run) should be able to gear both specs adequately with that, and then do some LFR when equipped nicely.

G

Not sure why Blizz doesn't give us Equipment bags as free slots, could carry 3 types of gear on me at anytime, or even just 2 and leave pvp in bank. Would save a heap of space, but hey why would Blizz give us something practical, I mean transmorg so improves the gameply (/sarcasm)

5. ripglider

ripglider New Member

I agree. My druid is my mainly botted toon, I don't have a clue how to actually play him. I have a PVP and PVE set for feral and resto and started both sets for balance. Now that 4.3 is here I'm just doing resto. I never played the other 2 but had so much damn honor points I had to buy something.

6. theatristformallyknownasG

The new 5-mans are easy to do and drop some great loot (would be better with IB2 support), got a couple of mates just dinging 85 on alts and running the 5 mans now to get all the gear easily for them. Although one of my mates was looking for a trinket, and after 46 runs it still hadn't dropped :(

G

7. Kink

Kink Member

Erm, the newer masterfrost you released..I feel like I'm pulling even less DPS lol, the build before was giving me at least 23k, while this in a LFR was only pulling around 14k. :3

8. wulf

wulf Community Developer

The original wasn't that far from the new (what I'm calling Beta version) but everyone's setup is different with frost I have noticed, could you post your Spec, glyphs, and ilvl please.

In the meantime, I have put the original back. So now we have:
      • Frost_MasterFrost_Wulf.cs (The Masterfrost rotation: As of 4.3, this is the top dps playstyle if played perfectly but is more punishing for deviating from the priority. )
        • The Masterfrost priority revolves around using Howling Blast as much as possible and using Frost Strike to get Frost and Death Runes back via gaming Unholy Runes on cooldown. You will always want to keep one Unholy Rune activated so that Runic Empowerment will be guaranteed to return you a Death Rune or a Frost Rune when you Frost Strike, rather than an Unholy Rune. Masterfrost shares the same multiple target priortiy with a normal build.
      • Frost_New_Wulf.cs (The New Beta Rotation to replace the original)
        • This rotation is based of the New simulationcraft rotation for T13H and is not designed for Mastery heavy builds
      • Frost_Original_Wulf.cs (The original)
        • The original rotation I created whilst I had low level gear

Need more information? Frost DPS | Winter of Discontent [4.3] - Elitist Jerks

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    9. Saif

Saif Member

Imdasandman,

Is there anyway you could pm me a copy of your dw frost pqrotation? not the masterfrost just the regular one. I'm trying to do some testing and want to see what is the best for me atm.

Thanks,
      Saif

10. Kink

Kink Member

My bad, it was my fault. I was choosing the wrong class as the selection..was 4 in the morning then :p, this things such a beast though...24-26k dps while I have some PvP gear...

11. theatristformallyknownasG

Thanks Wulf, finally got it sorted out, ret play rotation getting 15K+ in 5 mans without full 378 gear yet, excelent work.

G

12. HB1859L68

HB1859L68 New Member

wulf is it possible to get ur cc's to work in bg's/arena?

13. Shuckles

Shuckles New Member

Hey Wulf, I was wondering something.
      I've been trying out all of your different Frost specs.
      Masterfrost was obviously not viable since I don't have anything above 1 piece of T13.
      Frost Updated seemed to pull lower DPS than Frost Original. What did you change?

These are my numbers so far. Level 85 Training Dummy, popping Herb Haste CD at 30 secs in regardless, and running it for a minute and a half.
      Beta Original - 20,250
      Original - 21,500
      MF - 19,085

This is with self buffs.

Also, one thing I did notice while I was running these tests, when at max RP, it seems to just stop for a second and sits there. Is it just trying to compute what to do next? This is for the Beta Original spec, while running as Original it doesn't seem to do this same kinda thing..
      Only happens when you get maxed on RP though. No staggering with the entire CC unless maxed.

14. NSZWoW

NSZWoW New Member

A couple of questions about the unholy rotation. Can I prevent it from auto casting Raise Ally. Can I stop it from auto casting DnD, I was on yor'sahj hm testing this last night and I had issues with it rezzing, and casting dnd when there was no adds and not having it up when there was adds. thanks.

15. wulf

wulf Community Developer

Beware wall of text !! lol.

Code:
      new Decorator(ret => ResurrectablePlayers.Count != 0 && Me.RunicPowerPercent >= 50 && SpellManager.CanCast("Raise Ally"),
                              new Sequence(
                                  new Action(ret => ResurrectablePlayers.FirstOrDefault().Target()),
                                      SC.CastSpell("Raise Ally", ret => true, "+++--Raise Ally--+++")
                              )),

Comment out or remove entirely the lines above.

Death and Decay is a solid tick that requires minor effort to place. Regardless that it is an AoE, it is still a DPS gain to use it on a single target.
      source

Yes I can simply remove the "NotImplementedException" so that you are able to use it in bg's/arena, however it's not designed for that, and I run the risk of someone saying "your Rotation sux for arena/bg's, why would you allow it?" so i am reluctant to enable it :p

Thanks for taking the time to test my rotations!
      Please don't look at the dps, but rather the damage done over a set time period. See this post for a good insight into why scada and recount are a rough guide to dps but nothing beats WoL analysis.

Speaking of which the two images attached contain two passes at the same boss for
      • They both go for approximately the same duration.
      • They both have the same spec and glyphs but different gear (my gear is lower).
      • They both follow the Masterfrost rotation.
      Try to pick which one is mine (using my Masterfrost rotation) and which one is a world top ten pass ;)

Code:
      Also, one thing I did notice while I was running these tests, when at max RP, it seems to just stop for a second and sits there.
      Correct, the Beta Original is generating more runic power than the rotation can consume - I am currently working on this as we speak.

One final note, my rotations seem (according to my observations) to be gear and spec dependant. They are all valid rotations so I invite you to try - and use - the one that works best for your setup.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    16. NSZWoW

NSZWoW New Member

I'm not saying that dnd isn't all I'm saying is I would like to control the dnd is there a way I can script your dnd code into the game when I push the button it would drop dnd automatic?

the unholy needs work imo, all tho it might just be the way the spec is that it's hard to create a perfect system like frost.

just notable things like it doesn't get out decent burst, it caps runic power way too often. when moving it seems to only use SS instead of death coil as well.

then again I should stop being lazy and push more buttons eh :p

17. kbrebel04

kbrebel04 New Member

Wulf,

Before I continue, thank you so much for the amazing Custom Classes you have created they are damn near perfect as far as rotations go.

I want to go ahead and say this I went unholy(using a 378 2h... 403 coming soon) this week and only pulled 3k less DPS then I did on DW Frost Manually(using 2x 403 weps) on all fights. Which I would like to blame the weapon im using, not the custom class... So defiantly amazing.

I have a few class specific requests:

Class: Warlock
      Spec: Demonology
      Request: Can you make a separate CC for Non-Incinerate spec? Incinerate spec is only better for 2 of the 8 fights in DS and I personally don't even use the spec. Could you produce one for shadowbolt filler with incinerate only used on molten core procs?

Class: Death Knight
      Spec: Unholy
      Request:
      1. I had to turn off cooldowns and do them myself because I noticed the CC would occasionally not cast Unholy Frenzy and Summon Gargoyle together, it often would cast Unholy Frenzy by itself, then after it expires it would cast Summon Gargoyle. This calculates to a pretty significant DPS loss. Could this be adjusted so that it casts them together much like you did with Zealotry+Avenging Wrath on your Ret Paladin CC?

2. How can I disable automatic Unholy Presence? I am doing heroic Morchok, which requires me to switch to blood presence for stomps then back to unholy after, I had to disable the CC for this fight.

3. This seems to cap RP often and does not use it immediately. It also does not dump RP via deathcoils when out of melee range. Is this intended?

Class: More
      Spec: More
      Request: Is there a possibility we will see more custom classes from you in the future? I currently play a Shaman, Rogue, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin and Warlock, but you only have CCs for a few of these. I would LOVE to see a custom class generated by you for all classes as you CCs are by far the most accurate and provide the most DPS for lazyraiders.

Thank you again for the great CC support and creation.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    18. Shuckles

Shuckles New Member

Please please please implement <3

19. Toney001

Toney001 New Member

I tried this for soloing, with movement enabled, and the mob just goes crazy running wherever trying to aggro something that's not even in LoS while the two billion mobs it pulled along the way are hitting it.
      Is movement broken (playing a DK if that matters)?

I know this is well known for being awesome for LazyRaider, I just saw the movement option and figured I could try.

20. Shuckles

Shuckles New Member

Bug : When zoning into any instance with this CC loaded in HB, it now crashes my HB.