• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Fight at Joe's

Discussion in 'Archives' started by JoeBrewski, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

I love ya joe, my IA is only 40 so that's fine by me :D

2. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

Thanks - appreciate it :)

Added Medicine spells thru 50 with some other goodies today.

3. kaihaider

kaihaider Community Developer

I noticed a glitch with the rest code, I was stealthed and it kept spamming the rest ability

Attached Files:

4. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

Will take a look, after the Nav Server gets another reboot.

5. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

Kai - ran thru 2 hours of testing with my Consular Kinetic and didn't see the issue - try a download with the latest .zip and let me know if you still see it.

6. kaihaider

It is pretty rare but to test for it all you have to do is start the bot on low life while stealthed

I don't have my ide installed right now to help me go through the code and the api but I'm guessing a stealth check before the rest spell is all you need to patch it.

Attached Files:

7. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

You don't need the IDE (definitely helps, but it doesn't prevent you from looking at the code). Outside of that, just open MercHelpers.cs with Notepad or Wordpad (notepad does better with the line-breaks).

Two main routines re: the stiuation are
      void OOC()
      and
      WaitForHeals(...)

Pseudocode:
      OOC
      If I'm ShadowKinetic (ShadowCombat)
      If My Health is Low
      Call WaitForHeals

WaitForHeals
      Check for Comp, blahblahblah
      If I'm in Stealth, Cast Stealth again to Unstealth (impossible due to bugs at the moment)
      Try and cast the Resting Spell
      If I'm not Casting, Try and Unstealth Again (also not working at the moment, cast did go thru the interface, but failed on-screen in the game)
      If I'm not Casting, try Casting the Rest Spell again
      (loop and wait until health/RS is good, then move forward a bit to stop the cast, and exit)

Ok, I remember the fun with detecting stealth - you can't - it's bugged.
      Whether you try
      BuddyTor.Me.HasBuff("Stealth")
      or
      BuddyTor.Me.IsStealthed
      or
      BuddyTor.Me.utilVfxHidden

They all return false.

Another check - to try and cast Meditation - and then checking to see if Me.IsCasting a second or so later - also fails - it bugs out because 'the cast went thru', although it resulted in an error message that came back on-screen - the interface/API/whatever DOES think you're casting and doesn't know the cast failed.

I did try and alleviate the 'Stealth During Combat Issue' (as in you're stealthing as soon as the opponent drops, in the last iteration of the Combat routine). You'll need to update with the latest .zip to try that out.

Joe

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    8. kaihaider

How do you go through the api without an ide? Thanks for the info, I would have just wrote a fail if BuddyTor.Me.IsStealthed then cast/remove :p

9. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

Ok then, good luck with that since you're such an expert. You didn't read half of what I wrote, did you.

10. kaihaider

wtf does that mean?

From my last post, the first sentence was me expressing my ignorance. Although I may have done an even more thorough job of that than I was intending, if api doesn't refer to the collection of classes and functions the buddy team provides. I know that they've always said online reference material isn't kept up to date, so I haven't even bothered to look for any online. I guessing you didn't mean to use notepad for viewing those calls.

My second sentence was thanking you for the information because I would have posted some one line call which did absolutely nothing, if you hadn't informed me. If I had done so I wouldn't have even realized it had failed for a while and then further trouble shooting would have taken me hours if not days to think of the methods you mentioned and then to realize the api calls were bugged.

11. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

Sorry - misunderstood - mybad.

Working on an update to 'accurately determine buffs and debuffs' - first element in the list (i.e. "Stealth") seems to get ignored when trying to scan with Me.Buffs. (so checking for Me.HasBuff("Stealth") will return false when it should come back with a true)

Will notify

Joe

12. Starbrox

Starbrox Member

Hey Joe,

I used Mizzle's 37-41 Hoth profile and it worked flawlessly until my bags were full (the vendor bug) but mizzle's 41-44 Belsavis seems to work very crappy for me, dunno if it's your combat routine or the profile....

View attachment 75671
      View attachment 75672

-Starbrox

13. kaihaider

Probably my fault for being vague.

Thanks for all the hard work.

I'm guessing these are some of the frustrations which caused the wingit devs to take a hiatus.

14. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

@Starbrox: Sorry - since it was the first pass - lowbie build. Will look into 'capping out' the spell list - but since I don't have a Lethality 50 - will be theory-crafted and not necessarily fully tested. Created this since trying to heal with Ops seemed so, so WEAK (maybe something I was missing - but I also ran Lethality DPS and the groups I ran with where we had Ops Heals - it was as-bad or far worse than my own healing as Medicine).

Edit: Modified Lethality to make it more close-range - namely within 5m or less, with a Snipe for the Init/Pull - and added spells thru 50. Let me know if working better.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    15. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

Ok - two bugs: (1) Me.HasBuff("Stealth") would always erroneously return false (fixed that with a new string and function to pull buffs 'manually'), and (2) Trying to cast Stealth or activate the Stealth ability, when stealthed, no workie. So on that, I just now do a Force Wave up-front (if low on health and stealthed, during resting) to break Stealth, before starting the resting.

You'll need to download for the latest.

Let me know if still an issue after that.

Joe

16. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

The new anti-move code works great except for one minor issue. It still lets the bot pull out your mount. So you get that insane amount of mount, loot, mount, etc looping that looks bad when you're in a group.

You can remove the ability for BW to summon a mount by removing the information from BW's Settings tab, but I think if you hit Delete to turn off movement that should also negate the mount summoning post-combat.

17. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

Not sure I can do anything on that - mounting with CombatBot (outside of using DoRandomGrind which OVERRIDES EVERYTHING) - part of the .exe - and only one interface/function re: mounts that I can see - and that's to get the fastest available mount.

So I doubt I can do anything on it - but will notify if I find anything.

Joe

18. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

Side note: First time I've used the quest bot in a while, it's still showing the same behaviour, especially while on a mount, where it'll just blaze right past (and even over) valid targets. Doesn't activate until they start shooting.

EDIT: Yeah, that's just horrible. Going back to Combat Bot and moving around by hand.

EDIT EDIT: I realize that this is something that's probably an issue with the BW core and nothing you can do about it, but letting you know just in case.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    19. JoeBrewski

JoeBrewski New Member

Targeting issue: All I can see is something wrong with one of your files/install - like I said before I haven't had that issue. You might want to reinstall.

20. Manolitox

Manolitox New Member

Great work Joe....with your newest file I have an error tho when I load the bot. I had to manually delete the trooper and lethalty routine and the bot worked again.