• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • First answer to Activision Blizzard Lawyer / Antwort auf Klageschrift

Discussion in 'Legal' started by bossland, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. TouchMeGently

TouchMeGently Member

Why is the bot illegal anyway?

If there's a program that auto-types something for you in Microsoft Word, MS can't do anything about it. HB is the same.

2. no1knowsy

no1knowsy Well-Known Member

This is not true. Blizzard has specifically included third-party applications as a reason for account closure in their TOS and such. MS doesn't really care because well... it's microsoft. Blizzard actually cares because this will affect other people, where as auto-typers for Microsoft Word only affect you, and besides you had to initially tell it what to type in, where as HB decides what to do depending on what happens in the game.

3. Tasso91

Tasso91 New Member

Blizzard fails and HB wins! 1. HB has no cheats. 2. Its does exacly samethings that a normal player can do. 3. i dont know what blizzard even cares? THEY got money every month becouse HB keep doing good work.

4. no1knowsy

no1knowsy Well-Known Member

Selling gold for RL money is one thing, but using HB for yourself or your guild is another. Yes it gives us an unfair advantage, but because of us prices are generally much lower on all the items everyone needs(except boss gear drops of course).

5. abzatzz

abzatzz New Member

yes...

6. live4gaming

live4gaming Member

I don't see a good outcome for HonorBuddy here....

They have made a business that is solely based upon the exploitation of another business' product that strictly states in their terms of agreement that any kind of third party program is fobidden.

They also have a lot more money and have dealt with this exact type of case before and won it.

Blizzard won't remove "click to move" because it will just be recoded and up and working in no time at all and a lot of legitimate players use it anyway.

I hope that HonorBuddy wins but I'm not holding my breath.

7. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

U are wrong in many cases :)

They never won and never dealt with this exact type of case before ... Glider is NOT a comparison to HB
      The german law is a little bit different from the US law, and the lawyer.

HB is NOT a exploitation of another product, it's a Promotion to WoW (no HB without WoW)
      Forget their terms :) the lawyer of Bossland GmbH has choosen a very good argument why HB is nearly the same as a Logitech G15, or a WoW Mouse (sold by blizzard) which grants the same advantages of HB
      It's a huge document, i read it completely, but i cannot give back the information (poor english, sorry)...

But ... it's all about the german court ... the court must be convinced that HB is not that bad and only uses functions, Blizzard wanted to be used ;)

8. live4gaming

live4gaming Member

YES it is. Glider and PPather were just starting to create what Honorbuddy is able to do now. They were shut down. If anything, Honorbuddy has less chance due to the fact Glider never even managed to make it half as AFKable as HB has.

No it isn't. It's exploiting the time effort and hard work of other players by matching/surpassing them with little to no effort involved.

If you really think the fact that they sell a mouse that you can program macros to is going to help them stand up against a lawsuit to a completely automated program that plays for you and is againt TOA then you are clutching at straws.

9. likwid818

likwid818 Member

And if you think that US law and precedence applies to German courts, you're sadly mistaken.

10. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

You do realize that:
      1. Blizzard didn't actually win the court case. One of the judges just fucked up really badly which meant Glider kept the ban. Blizzard lost all other arguments without discussion.
      2. Blizzard sued Glider in the US of A. Laws there are hugely different from what they are in Germany.

Hence: No comparison and even if there was it wouldn't be open-and-shut.

11. Owneth

Owneth Member

I THINK THE COMMUNITY SHOULD OPEN UP A G KEYBOARD SECTION...

Post scripts/macros for the keyboards to run... Then present a review with the results of what's possible with the G series keyboards.

:)

I have a G510 ready for testing and video documentation if need be. :)

Say goodbye to about 70% of Blizzards arguments. :)

12. Croga

Croga Well-Known Member

Not really..... Blizzard already stated before that using extensive macros on such a keyboard is a bannable offense as well. Seeing as the keyboard and it's macros are "general purpose" they won't sue Logitech for it but you can still get banned if you use it.

13. DarkLinux

DarkLinux New Member

I really hate to be referenced in this document, could you please remove EVO Hack from the document?

Thank you,
      DarkLinux‎

14. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

@live4gaming

I dont know how you can be in this community and be so negative about it. On top, you are pretty trashing the heck out of HB. Man, that is just confusing.

15. toby2001

toby2001 New Member

Is it possible to get a copy of this in English? I've tried various converters and such, but not luck so far :(

16. live4gaming

live4gaming Member

I love HonorBuddy as much as the next person. I am just preparing myself for the inevitability that it WILL be shut down.

You'll see.

17. Owneth

Owneth Member

Blizzard can only sue so far before it becomes frivolous. And I say before the courts make a decision there should be a contingency plan in place to avoid losing ALL rights of the code of HB2/GB2, GB... Something should be released before the decisions are made by the courts to give the code over to a trusted source... And just restart it in another manner. Blizzard owns the game NOT HB. HB is a external source/company.

It's like making a part on a car... I can sell it in any manner that I wish... I CREATED IT. Even if it has the same philosophy of a already made part but with my modifications... And they can't come and say it's BMW's because BMW created the part/car first... It doesn't entitle them to SHIT!!! If that was the case, I guess we owe the caveman and his family for making the wheel. :) Think about it.

It's a software component that only interfaces with the main game. It is not modifying anything. That's how they can win. Blizzard HAS to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt... I don't give a shit what anyone says is AMERICAN law... it has to apply in GERMANY... And as far as I know (Working for Daimler myself) Germans don't fuck around. :) This will be a quick/solid decision. I think that they should simply up and move countries and let Blizzard chase em... Then wtf is Blizz gonna do? Store the software/source where copyright laws DON'T apply. Simple as can be.

18. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 New Member

You make a good point, i agree with you. But i wish the best for HB, because honestly it has make my gaming much easier and fun. Im not using it to make money because i care little for that, but it has help me get what i never had since i have little time to play.

19. madman

madman New Member

You realize that Glider was sued for breaching blizzards Copyright and had nothing to do with how "AFK'able" or to which extent the program automated the game right? Gliders "problem"(if i can call it that) wasnt how good their bot was, it was how good their anti-detection was. HB lacks this type of anti-detection and as far as i know doesnt break blizzards Copyright.

Also the degree to which how AFKable a bot is doesnt define how "illegal" such a bot would be, law simply doesnt work like that.

For the xxxxxx'th time, Terms of Use is in no way classified as "law". By breaking the ToS or ToU the only thing you risk is loosing your rights to use the product.

I do agree that the outcome of this probably wont be too great on HB's end thou, the amount of money blizzard can and will throw at this is pretty upsetting. But by the time we're there WoW will be dead anyways :p

Either way, best of luck to the HB team!

20. ayanamiie

ayanamiie New Member

Lese mir gerade dein antwortschreiben auf die klage durch .

Bin bei seite 60 das dein bot kein automatisches handeln erm?glicht ohne das du dabei bist.

evtl ist es f?r dich interessant das soeine funktion berreits durch user generierte addons ingame waren oder sind evtl errinerst du dich an das wasser handelsprogramm bei magiern mit wasser die das automatisch handelten oder items mit whitelist soweit ich mich errinere.

und l?sch mal deine pm box mal wieder bossland wie sollman dir dne daschreiben^^

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.