• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Fpsware Priest

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fpsware, Apr 17, 2011.

1. jawn

jawn Member

Good point (slaps head)

2. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

I've found the issue with it defaulting to Smite - or in this case NOT defaulting to Smite. When I was doing some testing in the pull logic I commented out the Smite fall back, I simply never removed the comment.

I'll have a new build on the SVN shortly, I'm just making a few tweaks:
      * Add: Psychic Scream
      * Fix: Vampiric Touch double casting
      * Fix: Pull logic spell fall back
      * Change: Repriortize some spells

3. fpsware

SVN has been updated. Build 0.0.2

Changed: Some spells have been re-prioritized
      Fixed: Vampiric Touch double casting
      Fixed: Pull logic spell fall back to Smite
      Added: Psychic Scream
      Added: PWS before pull. Option on the Advanced tab

EDIT: If you set Psychic Scream to always it will be evaluated after the target has been dotted; Vampiric Touch, Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain - Psychic Scream. By the time the target makes its way back to you the dots have ticked quite a bit and it should almost be dead.

It will only evaluate PS if the traget is within 8 yards. I need to add some 'smarts' to this logic as its not going to work well in an 'add' situation. Eg if your target is 20 yards away and you have an add in melee beating on you it will not cast PS. If need to add logic to check for ALL targets in range. This will be added in due course.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
    4. fpsware

I need someone to test the following spells and let me know if they are working properly:
      * Mind Spike
      * Shadowfiend
      * Inner Will
      * Holy Word: Chastise

5. jawn

jawn Member

downloading new build now..... will wipe logs and start fresh on logs and submit later for review...

6. fpsware

SVN updated.

Added: Reserve mana for healing. Won't cast DPS spells if your mana is below X%
      Added: Dispersion. *Untested*

7. HB1272S48

HB1272S48 New Member

to install this do i just copy and paste these into text documents in a folder fpsware?

8. fpsware

For now, this is an 'advanced user' test. A public release will be available shortly. If you know how to use a SVN client then all the required information is available in the first post.

9. fpsware

Priest healing.JPG

I'll be working on dedicated healing over the next couple of days. For now, these are the only spells I'll be adding. Of cause, more will follow in time. All healing spells will be checked and cast in the order they are presented in the UI. IE. most important spells first.

The party healing setting "Heal When" has the following options:
      ... off healer
      ... I'm dedicated healer
      ... never
      ... healer OOM or Dead

Explained further.....

"off healer" - DPS but heal if required
      "I'm dedicated healer" - No DPS at all (inside an instance or battleground). Focus only on healing
      "never" - so freaking obvious
      "healer OOM or Dead" - (instance only) DPS. But if the healer goes OOM or dies the focus on healing.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    10. jawn

jawn Member

nice.. can't wait.. got a lvl 85 i want to setup as a PvP healer :)

11. dm0x

dm0x New Member

Thanks for the quick update! Running again, lets see your work! =P
      -Always impressed-

12. fpsware

LOL, many groups have died during the making of this healbot :p

All spells the above screen shot are working - well, at least being evaluated. Until I can get a successful run as a dedicated healer I'm holding off on any updates.

13. jawn

jawn Member

How will it handle PW:Shield on party members? I've seen alot of times where priests fail to take advantage of this simple and powerful spell during instance runs, specially around bosses. Usually only using it when its like "Oh Shit!" when if used right could make the run from the start.

14. fpsware

Refer to the above screenshot. Simply set the health % at which you want to cast the appropriate spell.

I'm just about finished healing BRD. I need to make a couple tweaks but I'll be updating the SVN in the next 3-4 hours (after dinner) with dedicated healing support. I might do one more instance after the tweaks, but we'll see how confident I feel :)

EDIT: Two instances healed successfully. I'm now adding AoE healing and party dispelling. I'll update the SVN in a little while.

15. fpsware

SVN updated. Build 0.0.5

MAJOR UPDATE: Dedicated healing support added. I've tested this on 3 successful instance runs, low level only (55-58). I don't know how this will cope with higher level instances.

Added: Chakra.
      Changed: Holy and Discipline spec tweaked slightly.

I'll be testing this in BGs tomorrow.

lynar likes this.
    16. aprisma

aprisma New Member

Hello,

your ccs are really great and thanx a lot for all your work. Unfortunately I cannot give you more rep points.
      Btw ..... for what are they? I always asked me that.
      cheers,

17. dm0x

dm0x New Member

Ran your CC all night last night from 31-37 as a Shadow Priest.

I am enjoying it very well. The addition of Psychic scream on adds worked out beautifully. Saved my ass 4-5 times and killed me once, lol. =P

My ONLY criticism is that PW:Shield priority should be higher. I love that it casts right before it pulls, but if I pull 2 mobs and they knock it off real quick, sometimes Im at like 20% or less before it recasts. Im not sure if it is possible to make the CC prioritize PW:Shield after losing the buff while in combat or not.

Otherwise, as far as grinding goes, the CC is playing every bit as good as I do.

I'm not high enough yet but do you plan to add support for Psychic Horror and Imp Fade?
      - Fade as a Snare/Root Break prioritized over BG Trinket in these cases. (Not exactly important but more realistic looking in bgs)

Im not sure how you'd want to handle Psychic Horror. I tend to use my lock's fear mostly as an interrupt, but scripting it as such would make it so you wouldnt cast it on a rogue who wont get off your ass which wouldnt look realistic.

Anyway, Amazing CC. Was so glad to see you started this right as I was starting my priest!
      When servers come back up, I'll give Holy/Disc a shot and tell you what I find!

18. ujellybrah

ujellybrah New Member

hmm it always keeps on trying to cast shadowform even when its in shadowform till it goes oom like when its not in combat.

19. fpsware

got errors? Attach your log file or i ignore you!

What language WoW client are you running, english?

20. fpsware

While I've not personally expierenced this behaviour I know why it does this - and its nothing to do with the CC coding.

Here is a very crude description of how HB runs CC logic

HB has multiple "branches" (like a tree) of which we (CC developers) write our code and attach it to one of the "branches". You have branches for Combat, Healing, Resting, Pulsing etc. All combat goes into the combat branch, all healing goes into the healing branch - well, it is not a requirement but it makes things a lot simpler to code and organise. The issue with this is sometimes the healing branch does not get enough "love" from HB and therefore it does not cast the spells in that branch fast enough. So by the time its checked the healing branch and decided there is nothing to do it goes back to the combat branch, and by now, it can cast spells.

A workaround for this is to move the spells from the healing branch into the top of the combat branch.

To answer some of your other questions.... I don't plan on supporting Improved Fade. As my only bottable priest is level 60 I can't test higher level spells yet. I'll add as many as I can over time.