• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Gladiatore Arms/Fury/Prot Warrior CC

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Truman422, Mar 31, 2011.

1. m0rf0

m0rf0 Member

Since the "DoNothing" bot has been removed, how do you manage to use this CC? I've tried, loading the blank profile and HB overrides it, using the Alterac Valley one. Is there another shortcut to use this CC properly now?

2. Truman422

Truman422 Member

"Combat/Heal Bot [1.0.0]" and "Blank.xml" profile should both work just fine.

3. m0rf0

m0rf0 Member

Thanks a lot, I'll go that way then (^_^')

4. daorigin

daorigin New Member

Negative they don't have diff rotation you may get more dmg out of diff abilities more with smf than tg but rotations remains the same ... It is easier to gear for tg than smf especially since fury warriors are very gear dependent to begin especially their weapons although there is ton of smf weaps in za/zg

5. abndrew82

abndrew82 New Member

They have a very slightly different rotation.

Per EJ - Same rotation as Titan's Grip. However, Slam is more important to SMF than Raging Blow. Prioritize accordingly.

Its very minor, but not sure how this CC is coded to know if that is something that can be changed to give Slam when Bloodsurged a higher Priority.

6. daorigin

daorigin New Member

that would require to hit every slam proc -- which you should be doing anyway as rb is nearly always up anyway and this CC doesnt miss any slam proc at all... so this shouldn't be cause for concern

7. TANK0341

TANK0341 New Member

I have also noticed that it is not prioritizing slam before Raging Blow when in single minded fury spec. if you could change it, it would be great as it would increase dps by 3k i think.

8. TANK0341

TANK0341 New Member

iam not sure if it is a priority problem or maybe just a bug. I've just run the cc on a target dumby for 15 mins and it did not cast slam once. maybe I'am doing sumin wrong I duno, just thort you should know about it

9. abndrew82

abndrew82 New Member

I will test more, as I know it does do Slams for me.

But I am pretty sure I have seen it miss Slams Procs before do to another abilities.

I will just need to find a way to check that, not sure if either Skada or Recount will tell me anything about missed procs.

10. abndrew82

abndrew82 New Member

Question on the Arms rotation of this.

I have switched my warrior from Fury to Arms on an Offspec and just ran a short test and curious of something I saw.

EJ says the following for rotation

Rend if it isn't up, prioritize Colossus Smash > Mortal Strike > Overpower. Heroic Strike when you have 70+ rage or on Battle Trance procs. Slam as much as Rage/GCDs allow without clipping Mortal Strike.

But when watching the bot, over about 2 1/2 minutes it never casted Overpower once, is that intentional or is it just that there could always be something with Higher Priority up.

My main concern with this, is that the 4P bonus for Arms War is based off of using Overpower, but if its not being used the 4P bonus may be useless.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, have never played arms before just Fury.

(Update 1)

So I decided to do some DPS tests with this to see what differences I saw, first I did some manual which I suck at but even that way I was doing more DPS by hand with twisting in Overpower.

So I decided to look back at your old Arms CC you had made, still had it on my PC the Armsageddon V1

Here are the reports for 2 300 Second Tests on the Raiding Dummy with Armsageddon vs. Gladiatore

Test 1 - Gladiatore

11611 DPS (This is an average between what Skada and Recount Reported as Skada always seems to report higher numbers)
      Abilities Used were
      Did 65 Slams
      Did 51 Mortal Strikes
      Did 18 Colussus Smash

Test 2 - Gladiatore

11571 DPS
      Did 70 Slams
      Did 52 Mortal Strikes
      Did 19 Colussus Smash

Test 1 - Armsageddon

15194 DPS (Forgot to get count on Colussus on this one before I reset)
      Did 49 Overpowers
      Did 49 Mortal Strikes
      Did 55 Slams

Test 2 - Armsageddon

Did 54 Overpowers
      Did 49 Mortal Strikes
      Did 48 Slams
      Did 22 Colussus Smash

I know this is only 2 tests, but am seeing almost a 4k DPS increase with Armsageddon which is using Overpower vs. Gladiatore which is not.

These are all with me hitting Cooldowns when they are up, as it doesnt seem to use Cooldowns against dummies.

I also noticed that Gladiatore was using Sunder Armor even though I had the setting to not use it.

Thanks

Last edited: May 12, 2011
    11. Truman422

Truman422 Member

Hmmm, I'll take a look at it, but I overpower all the time as I pvp when I'm not raiding and from my experience, overpower is highly used. I'll take a glance, and you have the newest version right? I'll do my best to post an update this weekend, I haven't even played wow in just over a week, been busy with other stuff.

EDIT-Quite strange, I don't have any of the problems you posted. I'll take a solid look over the arms rotation and coding and post something, I should have time today, so in the next few hours perhaps, I should have a new update. Sorry it isn't working for you. Does the fury one still seem ok on yours?

Last edited: May 13, 2011
    12. Truman422

Truman422 Member

Alright, released a fix for the arms overpower. All 3 specs should be working properly now. Lemme know if something else is amiss.

13. suntzzz

suntzzz New Member

What could be a reason for hb not engaging an enemy target? Is that usually cc related? I tried running this cc in prot spec for grinding but it just targets a mob and doesnt attack. I'm not sure if its the cc or maybe the profile? I'll upload a log a bit later if you think it could be cc related.

14. abndrew82

abndrew82 New Member

This CC doesnt work for Grinding, it is for Manual control of your Char only

It handles the DPS rotation, once you engage in combat with a mob

15. Truman422

Truman422 Member

It only attacks if you're in combat. If you're not in combat, it will just stand there.

16. abndrew82

abndrew82 New Member

I am going to test the Arms stuff now on my War, and will report back what I see

You the man again Truman422

Just tested and got the following results

15400 DPS Over 307 Seconds
      51 OverPowers and 51 Mortal Strikes

This was on the Raiding Training Dummy with no Cooldowns being used.

I was looking at your code alot today, mixed with CNGs guides into learning how to write a CC and your code was quite easy to follow and understand.

Looking into maybe making something like this for my DK for the just dps rotation stuff for pvp

On an extremely minor and non important note, you didnt change the name / version of the CC in the code still shows

return "Gladiatore V2.2.1";

Made me think I hadn't updated at first.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
    17. suntzzz

suntzzz New Member

Oh, sorry. I guess I should of read the entire thread then :p

I never knew there were cc's like this. All the more reason to read the first post I suppose.

18. Truman422

Truman422 Member

Andrew, to be honest, I started making one for DK about a week ago, and I have a basic blood tank build done, lol. I won't be done for a few weeks though on that because of RL stuff in the way, I just barely got to sit down for a while and do some dailies etc today for the first time in a week, but I actually already started building a DK one. Funny you mention that. Build one yourself, and lets see what you end up with.

AZ_Ron likes this.
    19. AZ_Ron

AZ_Ron New Member

I just tanked Heroic Stonecore with this CC. Worked great. Had no issues with agro. Only issue was with me, not knowing the fights... My son was coaching me through it. ;)
      Major rep to you Truman!!! Great Job!!

20. Crimson129

Crimson129 New Member

For some reason the update u posted still shows up as v2.2.1 in HB not v2.2.2.